• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Concord Suffers Disastrous Launch, Gets Pulled off the Market by Sony and Refunded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
"However, while many qualities of the experience resonated with players, we also recognize that other aspects of the game and our initial launch didn't land the way we'd intended our game was a turd."

Note to Developers: There are already enough mediocre and poor games out there. No need to throw one more on the pile.
that could be their justification. if the pile is that big, what's another 'lil turd tossed on top gonna do?

Jurassic Park Poop GIF by Vidiots

sort of like the "drop in the ocean" idiom, but with turds :laugh:

Most dull, generic, and overpriced "me too" product of the year so not surprised.

I'd imagine anyone that wants to play a hero shooter would just play Overwatch which is now free. I'd give it another go if they went back to 6v6 and corrected some other issues.

System Name Office / HP Prodesk 490 G3 MT (ex-office)
Processor Intel 13700 (90° limit) / Intel i7-6700
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H770 Pro / HP 805F H170
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S / Stock
Memory G. Skill Trident XMP 2x16gb DDR5 6400MHz cl32 / Samsung 2x8gb 2133MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060 Ti Dual OC GDDR6X / Zotac GTX 1650 GDDR6 OC
Storage Samsung 2tb 980 PRO MZ / Samsung SSD 1TB 860 EVO + WD blue HDD 1TB (WD10EZEX)
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan EV2455 - 1920x1200 / Panasonic TX-32LS490E 32'' LED 1920x1080
Case Nanoxia Deep Silence 8 Pro / HP microtower
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX750 / OEM 300W bronze
Mouse MS cheap wired / Logitech cheap wired m90
Keyboard MS cheap wired / HP cheap wired
Software W11 / W7 Pro ->10 Pro
I wonder, who names a shooter game as Concord??:slap:

Sony is lining up for Concord 2.0:
How many games are in that genre? I know of Payday, and Payday 3 flopped due to being a technical mess, so if the gameplay is good I don't exactly see why Fairgame is going to be "Concord 2.0".

Sony has numerous dormant single player IPs that fans have been demanding and they drop 200 million on Concord. What's worse is, if they were hellbent on an online focused game, they could have done another SOCOM. Fans have actually wanted a new SOCOM game. It's like Sony is afraid of money. They aren't the only ones. After dropping a single player game, Hogwarts Legacy, the actually outsold COD to become the best selling game of 2023. WB has gone all in on the live service bandwagon. Rocksteady had a Batman Beyond Arkham game with Damian Wayne as Batman in planning and they ditched that for Suicide Squad. Why do these companies hate money? :confused:
They don't hate money, they're just greedy for recurring revenue.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
Not one game that has those "triggers" has done well or not faced considerable backlash.
That's an incredibly false argument. But to debate it you'd first have to define these triggers and I'm asking plainly that you don't. No one wants to hear THE list of what triggers a certain bunch.

System Name Computer
Processor Intel 12700K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Twin radiator open loop
Memory Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) eVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Display(s) Asus PG348Q and two Asus VN279Q monitors
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000 with Sennheiser HD599 SE
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200P
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q3 Max
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 10 Pro
How many games are in that genre? I know of Payday, and Payday 3 flopped due to being a technical mess, so if the gameplay is good I don't exactly see why Fairgame is going to be "Concord 2.0".

The character design screams edgy Gen Z and it's leading off with 'eat the rich' marketing from a giant corporation. I don't have to dig deep to know it's going to be more of the same that made Concord a dumpster fire.

Processor R7-7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 rev B
Memory no name DDR5-5200
Video Card(s) Some 3080 10GB
Storage dual Intel DC P4610 1.6TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34MQ + Dell 2708WFP
Case Lian-Li Lancool III black no rgb
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
That's an incredibly false argument. But to debate it you'd first have to define these triggers and I'm asking plainly that you don't. No one wants to hear THE list of what triggers a certain bunch.
no it's not, ideology-laden games will always be a flop.
As asked previously i'm not going to delve into details, and i do know the list of ""triggers""(saying they're triggers it's pretty dumb that's why the quotes) and i do want to hear all about it but not the place here.

Now all we have to see is what's going to be the next AAA flop and when will companies stop the "live service" BS and simply maintain and provide the servers/mm so that players can simply play.

Or ditch all that and we're back to dedicated private/public servers with no matchmaking like good old bf 1942/cs beta and countless other "early" multiplayer games.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
no it's not, ideology-laden games will always be a flop.
My bro what on earth was bioshock to you.

You either a.) know your argument is bogus, in which case this is not a debate worth having or b.) don't, which is frankly even worse.

Processor R7-7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 rev B
Memory no name DDR5-5200
Video Card(s) Some 3080 10GB
Storage dual Intel DC P4610 1.6TB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34MQ + Dell 2708WFP
Case Lian-Li Lancool III black no rgb
Power Supply CM UCP 750W
Software Win 10 Pro x64
My bro what on earth was bioshock to you.
never played or cared about that saga and only know about them superficially, and from what i remember it never was a game that pushed "the message", it portrayed some sort of isolated society or something.
IIRC it was a fps with horror/puzzles/maps/story

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 9950X
never played or cared about that saga and only know about them superficially, and from what i remember it never was a game that pushed "the message", it portrayed some sort of isolated society or something.
IIRC it was a fps with horror/puzzles/maps/story
I'll say you obviously never played it yeah.

The whole first one was a dystopian critique of Libertarianism.

The second applied the same fun rulebook to communist ideologies.

The character design screams edgy Gen Z and it's leading off with 'eat the rich' marketing from a giant corporation. I don't have to dig deep to know it's going to be more of the same that made Concord a dumpster fire.
What "character design"? They show two different kinds of jackets, while the narrator lady has some facepaint - what is "edgy" about any of it? To me it looks just looks like modern urban fashion lmao. Do you complain about other games having in-game "eat the rich" narratives too or is it only because it is a Sony-published game? Did you ever play Watchdogs 2? Because that was a game with the same type of message from a giant soulless corporation with genuinely divisive character designs, yet it is was good game, fun to play, highly reviewed.

What made Concord a dumpster fire according to you? As far as I know it failed because they wanted 40 euros for an uninspired, boring and quite frankly ugly game in an oversaturated genre which mostly changed to a free-to-play model buoyed by character skins-focused microtransactions years ago, and how exactly that has any bearing on Fairgame you are free to enlighten me.

System Name Computer
Processor Intel 12700K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Twin radiator open loop
Memory Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) eVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Display(s) Asus PG348Q and two Asus VN279Q monitors
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000 with Sennheiser HD599 SE
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200P
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q3 Max
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 10 Pro
What "character design"? They show two different kinds of jackets, while the narrator lady has some facepaint - what is "edgy" about any of it? To me it looks just looks like modern urban fashion lmao. Do you complain about other games having in-game "eat the rich" narratives too or is it only because it is a Sony-published game? Did you ever play Watchdogs 2? Because that was a game with the same type of message from a giant soulless corporation with genuinely divisive character designs, yet it is was good game, fun to play, highly reviewed.

What made Concord a dumpster fire according to you? As far as I know it failed because they wanted 40 euros for an uninspired, boring and quite frankly ugly game in an oversaturated genre which mostly changed to a free-to-play model buoyed by character skins-focused microtransactions years ago, and how exactly that has any bearing on Fairgame you are free to enlighten me.

I didn't play Watchdogs 2 (didn't even consider it after seeing the various trailers).

If you think the social messaging and political preaching of the game didn't have anything to do with it's downfall, you're kidding yourself. Boring, uninspired game design coupled with someone ramming their politics down your throat doesn't equate to sales and equates to a dumpster fire. Just ask Dustborn. If it had just been tired game design, it would have at least found an audience for a time simply for being something new. The fact that even less people showed up for launch over the beta coupled with the online response specifically highlighting the game's politics and the developers attacking the customer base shows how much of a dumpster fire this game was from start.

People want a fun and challenging game, not to be force fed someone's political beliefs. Fairgame$ has the same smell about it as Concord did, but time will tell.

Last edited:
Folks - keep the political/social ideolgies out of the thread.

Games fail for many reasons. And there are many games with the same level of petty-triggers this game has that do well.
Keep in mind, Sony was specifically aiming at a certain audience, one that most people don't identify with and couldn't care less about. They did this to themselves.

the54thvoid

Super Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Pretty sure i asked not to make it a social thing, but nope - it seems that was too hard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.