• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Technics Launches its First Ever Wireless Speaker System the SC-CX700

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
Renowned Hi-Fi brand Technics debuts the SC-CX700 Wireless Speaker System at IFA 2024. Combining Technics' legendary audio expertise with elegance and style, the SC-CX700 redefines the concept of a modern entertainment system — letting users experience music like never before.

Available in three colors (Charcoal Black, Silky Gray and Terracotta Brown), the wireless speaker system is crafted from a stylish suede material that's easy to integrate into any home aesthetic. This not only looks good, but it also serves to dampen any unwanted sound reflections for the ultimate acoustic performance.

Never one for style over substance, Technics' first compact active wireless speaker system is also jampacked with its highly acclaimed audio technology and engineering, offering superb sound clarity as well as state-of-the-art connectivity.

Offering richer sounds and clearer melodies, the SC-CX700 is a lifestyle focussed product that aims to elevate the universal emotional journey people go on when they listen to music. Whether that's feeling inspired when hearing the clear intricacies of a well-composed classical piece, or feeling energized by thumping bass, the SC-CX700 delivers an unparalleled musical experience that is more immersive and impactful than ever before.

"An ideal choice for premium audiophile performance while keeping lifestyle elegance and ease of accessibility at the forefront, the SC-CX700 brings together Technics highest advancements in sound quality to a variety of entertainment and media sources."

"To sum up, the SC-CX700 is a top performer that may set a benchmark for others to follow in the active speaker system category." comments Bill Voss, Technics Business Development Manager, US

Instant setup, immediate enjoyment
A truly flexible 'plug and play' system, the SC-CX700 can be used as a standalone Wi-Fi streaming speaker, as a compact, yet grown-up Hi-Fi system —thanks to the integration of an amplifier and speaker in one box, known as an 'active' speaker— or it can be used in place of a soundbar on your TV with seamless integration to TVs with HDMI ARC input.

This active wireless speaker system can also be placed anywhere in a room and still achieve incredible sound quality.

Gone are the days of needed to re-arrange your space to get the best from your audio system. Thanks to Space Tune, which optimizes audio performance and spatial acoustics no matter where the speakers are placed in the home, users can have the best of both worlds — keeping their homes' aesthetics without sacrificing audio quality.

So, whether you are in a smaller apartment with lots of soft furnishings or a large echoing space, the SC-CX700 adjusts to suit you not the other way around, making it the perfect choice for music enthusiasts who want unparalleled audio quality, without the usual fuss.

The SC-CX700 is also as simple to use as it is to set up thanks to the newly designed, hand-held Infrared remote control and the new Technics Audio Center app (TAC). Available on both Android and iOS devices, TAC gives access to the full variety of system settings for personalized sound and comes with a new, simplified setup configuration.

And with built-in integration with the Google Chromecast platform, users can get access to a wide range of streaming services including Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Amazon Music HD, as well as internet radio with ease.

Sleek design, superior sound
The perfect combination of style and function, the SC-CX700 was designed without compromise. It houses all of Technics' legendary engineering and audio technology while maintaining a sleek design, making it the ultimate purchase for any style conscious music enthusiast.

Technics' proprietary, full-digital JENO amplifier technology with the coaxial driver, including a Smooth Flow Diaphragm, delivers stunning, dynamic sound to fill any room.

Meanwhile, the new Model-based Distortion Cancelling (MBDC) technology allows unparalleled motion control of the driver for ultimate sonic purity - even at very high sound pressure levels.

In fact, all moving parts of the SC-CX700 have been optimized to create the clearest, most realistic sound possible. The Balanced Driver Mounting Architecture (BDMA) and the sophisticated, separate enclosure structure for the driver chamber and the amplifier housing keeps the whole speaker enclosure silent and free of vibration for a purer sound.

A Smooth-Flow bass port also elegantly integrates with the overall design for tight, powerful bass that any dance music fans will love.

And for those who appreciate a more retro approach to their musical experience, a built-in Phono Equalizer allows for easy hook-up with a Technics turntable for low-noise, high-quality audiophile vinyl playback.

"The SC-CX700 is so thoughtfully designed, with app driven simplicity of operation at your fingertips, it might be the last Hi-Fi system one will ever need! It truly is a conquest of premium sound, stylish design and A/V connectivity" comments Bill Voss, Technics Business Development Manager, US

Sustainability in every box
To reduce environmental impact of our packaging while ensuring that Technics products are fully protected throughout their journey to consumers, the new packaging for the SC-CX700 Wireless Speaker System is free of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS).

The packaging is now made of smart shaped cardboard, maintaining safe protection of the product and accessories, while also allowing ease of removal and storage.

While the SC-CX700 expands the Technics Premium Class portfolio —joining high-performance compact audio systems, including all-in-one devices such as the SA-C600 and SC-C70MK2— Technics is also working to expand the use of eco-packaging to other line-ups.

The SC-CX700 Smart Active Speaker System will be available in December for $2999.99 at Technics Hi-Fi dealers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name NR200 SuperSport Speed Machine yet quiet
Processor Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 w/Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6800 Nitro plus 16GB With SAM and OCed
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q GAMING MONITOR 1440p 144hz IPS HDR "1ms"
Case Cooler Master NR200P w/Mods w/Full Noctua fans
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm/Ifi Zen Dac v2
Power Supply Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX
Mouse Glorious Model D Matte White w/Mousepad: Cooler Master MP511 (Size XL)
Keyboard Cooler Master CK550 Gateron Red Switch w/Tai-Hao Doubleshot PBT Backlit - Cool Gray/Navy
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Full - USB 32/64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/27840416
That's one nice set of speakers but no specs?? :confused:Not like the old days with specs everywhere... :D Also no stands..?

Processor i9 9900KS ( 5 Ghz all the time )
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390
Cooling EK Velocity + EK D5 pump + Alphacool full copper silver 360mm radiator
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator GT ROG Edition 3333 Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti 12GB OC
Storage M.2 Samsung NVMe 970 Evo Plus 250 GB + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
Display(s) Asus PG279 IPS 1440p 165Hz G-sync
Case Cooler Master H500
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor 850W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Rapoo
Software Win 10 64 Bit
I thought Technics was dead for the average consumer but instead... They could compete with my Klipsch The Fives.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives WD SN850X 1TB 4x4 BOOT/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4 STEAM/USB3 4TB OTHER
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Yamaha YSP-800 DSP soundbar/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 lightspeed wireless
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL lightspeed wireless
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Nice, I like technics stuff, had some great stuff of theirs in the past. Bet these sound as pretty as they look.

Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
That's one nice set of speakers but no specs?? :confused:Not like the old days with specs everywhere... :D Also no stands..?
Of course not, because today everything is all about the hype, techno-babble, and marketing buzzwords, so who the hell needs specs when you've got all that :D

And stands have long been the target of minimalization (of their costs), so they have an excuse to "upsell" you with a set that will magically "transform" your ok-sounding speakers into some wonderful, room-filling, audiophile-level works of art, hehehehe ....

damned, I should get a job in marketing...:roll:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Were they really legendary? They were ok for mainstream stuff, not sure if legendary is how I remember them..

But.. these are nice.

The dual concentric driver reminds me of some old school Tannoy, or maybe KEF.

So no speaker cables to the amp or whatever, but they now have even uglier power cables and you have to find power points for 5 speakers or run even uglier extension cords.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
I haven't heard that name since like the 80s man.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives WD SN850X 1TB 4x4 BOOT/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4 STEAM/USB3 4TB OTHER
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Yamaha YSP-800 DSP soundbar/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 lightspeed wireless
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL lightspeed wireless
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
Benchmark Scores Who cares
There is still some very nice high end Technics stuff, like SUR 1000 or G700m2 for example, and of course the SL1200 TT which whether used for DJ or hifi is still very good. there is a new version called the 1200G which is apparently pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Got a bit excited, I figured maybe they would compete with KEF LSX at the $1000-1500 price range, but alas, they went straight to crazy town which isn't surprising. I was always a big fan of Technics. I thought it was cool that the name was brought back and put straight into the high end audio realm, but they went a bit too far into audiophile level prices. Their newer amps are next level, but you really gotta be into audio to go for them since they run around $3000. I'm sure these speakers sound great, but for the price I would expect a larger woofer big enough to really fill a large space. For $1,400 you can get a set of powered Swan M5A speakers that are three way design with a ribbon tweeter, aluminum midrange, and 8" subwoofer that can hit 35Hz with little effort (I owned a pair). The only thing Swan doesn't have is brand recognition in the high end audio space, they're probably seen more as a budget audio company, but I know they can compete with the best of them.

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Technics Launches its First Ever Wireless Speaker System that uses wires.

Baccala

Looks like they are taking aim at another coaxial that has been doing well over the last few years in Kef's LSX II. These appear to be almost 3x the cost, but I think there is room for another option in this segment. Up until about 2 years ago there were virtually zero options in this footprint/form factor where you could get a pair of powered bookshelfs or desktop monitors where you could use them over HDMI ARC/E arc. Basically just the Kefs and the Klipsch Fives. It hasn't changed much since then and there are certainly people out there trying to chase a quality pair of speakers that have the versatility and connectivity options to fill multiple roles rather than solely acting as a soundbar replacement, intimate listening setup, or desktop computer audio.