• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PC shuts off with 2 sticks of ram after installing Ryzen 5 5600x

stinnergfx

So I've had this low spec pc since 2018, and I've gradually started replacing components. I started with the gpu (RTX 2060 Super) then i added 2 kingston fury 8gb sticks of ram, and recently, I've replaced the cpu from a ryzen 5 2400g, to a 5 5600x and thats when the problems started ocurring.

During any point where I get high memory usage, either through gaming or using ram demanding software like premiere pro, my pc just shuts off with a kernel 41 error in the event viewer. The temps that I logged during shutdown were as normal as they can get, and stress tests all pass flawlessly except the memory test. memtest along with the occt built in memory stress test have both made my pc shut off quickly after starting them. This never happened with my previous CPU.

Important thing to note, while having 1 stick of ram installed, everything works fine, no matter which slot its in, except that its awfully debilitating and i cant do any work with 8gbs of ram. The only component I still haven't changed is my old mobo, which is an asrock a320m-dvs r3.0. Also worth noting, I have a chieftec gpc-700s PSU, which I've heard to be absolute dogshit, however, could it be possible that it's failing considering I haven't even had it for a full year, and to add onto it, only after installing the new cpu?

The mobo bios was updated to support the vermeer processors, however i still suspect it to be the culprit of this whole thing considering its very old and definitely not amongst the better motherboards out there. As of right now, Im willing to bite the bullet for at least one of the 2, considering that im currently not financially able to replace both, but I'd like to replace the thing causing this issue. Messing with the xmp profiles did nothing, if anything, manually adjusting the voltages makes my pc crash before it even fully boots.

From a software standpoint, I've tried virtually anything i possibly could, no hyperbole, the only thing i have left is replacing everything till it stops happening, but as im currently not able to do so, i wanna find out precisely whats causing it so i can at least deal with it. If anyone has any idea, please let me know, I'll provide all the information necessary, thank you.

Both the motherboard (and its BIOS) and CPU are variables in whether a given memory configuration will be stable, along with the RAM itself.

That being said, it's not usual to go from an older CPU to a newer one, often with a better IMC, and see a once-stable memory configuration become unstable.

Testing one DIMM and in both slots rules out that the fault is with the motherboard, the RAM, or with a particular memory channel. It could still be the CPU.

Before jumping to that conclusion, update the BIOS (nevermind, you said you did this). Then, try running the system with both DIMMs at default/JEDEC speeds (not XMP/profile speeds). Knowing what exact RAM you have might be helpful here too.

The A320 is the entry level of the first generation AM4 chipsets. The motherboards, CPUs, and RAM from that time wouldn't run as fast as they did later. I'm wondering if it was stable before because the RAM was running at slower speeds? The Zen 3 IMC in the 5000 series CPUs is much better than the Zen/Zen+ IMC found in the 1000 and 2000 series CPUs, so maybe you were running at JEDEC before and now you're trying profile speeds? But Zen 2/3 (3000 and 5000 series) should be good for 3,600 MHz (officially, they're good for 3,200 MHz with two DIMMs, at least if they're single rank) so unless you're trying something truly exotic speed-wise and were just running at 2,133 MHz with the 2400G, then... I have no idea why it went from stable to unstable with the CPU change unless the 5600X is just faulty? It's rare but it can happen.

Did you by chance updates the BIOS and immediately swap the CPU? I ask because I'm wondering if the new BIOS would be stable with the old CPU now. it's possible it wouldn't be. Usually new BIOS improve memory compatibility/capability, but apparently sometimes it slightly goes the other way. That might have happened here?

The PSU isn't reassuring but I wouldn't expect your issues are there, given the symptoms.

stinnergfx

Both the motherboard (and its BIOS) and CPU are variables in whether a given memory configuration will be stable, along with the RAM itself.

That being said, it's not usual to go from an older CPU to a newer one, often with a better IMC, and see a once-stable memory configuration become unstable.

Testing one DIMM and in both slots rules out that the fault is with the motherboard, the RAM, or with a particular memory channel. It could still be the CPU.

Before jumping to that conclusion, update the BIOS (nevermind, you said you did this). Then, try running the system with both DIMMs at default/JEDEC speeds (not XMP/profile speeds). Knowing what exact RAM you have might be helpful here too.

The A320 is the entry level of the first generation AM4 chipsets. The motherboards, CPUs, and RAM from that time wouldn't run as fast as they did later. I'm wondering if it was stable before because the RAM was running at slower speeds? The Zen 3 IMC in the 5000 series CPUs is much better than the Zen/Zen+ IMC found in the 1000 and 2000 series CPUs, so maybe you were running at JEDEC before and now you're trying profile speeds? But Zen 2/3 (3000 and 5000 series) should be good for 3,600 MHz (officially, they're good for 3,200 MHz with two DIMMs, at least if they're single rank) so unless you're trying something truly exotic speed-wise and were just running at 2,133 MHz with the 2400G, then... I have no idea why it went from stable to unstable with the CPU change unless the 5600X is just faulty? It's rare but it can happen.

Did you by chance updates the BIOS and immediately swap the CPU? I ask because I'm wondering if the new BIOS would be stable with the old CPU now. it's possible it wouldn't be. Usually new BIOS improve memory compatibility/capability, but apparently sometimes it slightly goes the other way. That might have happened here?

The PSU isn't reassuring but I wouldn't expect your issues are there, given the symptoms.
this is the exact model of my ram

(Kingston DDR4 8GB 3200MHz KF432C16BB/8)​

Now ive heard that cpus can come with a faulty imc, but i’m really not sure, it’s brand new so i didn’t even think that it could be causing the issue, that would be the worst case scenario i guess.

I didn’t really tamper with anything in relation to ram speeds and voltage at first, so they were at their default speeds, it’s only when that started happening is when i was manually adjusting everything and trying stuff with the xmp profiles. I’m not really an expert when it comes to that so i didn’t do much regarding that besides trying the xmp profiles and undervolting the ram, i think it’s rated for 1.35v.

And to answer your question, it ran totally fine before the cpu change, it probably defaulted to like 2400mhz because i was running 2 different ram sticks. but i hoped that having 2 of the same ones that it wouldn’t cause issues in communication between them.

To be completely honest, i think i updated the bios and cleared the cmos because i saw that the version i had, was not able to run that generation of cpus, and i immediately swapped the cpu, i didn’t try the old cpu with the newer bios. It was the latest “stable” version of that bios as far as i can remember, i’m not home currently but i can check later.

Okay, so those are single rank DIMMs and it's 3,200 MHz.

Two questions.

1. Since updating the BIOS, have you tried to see if your 2400G still cooperates, or is it also now failing to POST?

2. Is it only failing to POST with the 5600X with the RAM at profile speeds, or can you not even get the new CPU to POST at BIOS defaults (which would be 2,133 MHz RAM speed)?

If it's the latter, I'd be very surprised, and at that point is would almost have to be a bad CPU or just the CPU/board/BIOS/RAM combination not liking each other for one reason or another. Unfortunately, the chances of this probably increase with those older 300 series chipsets boards, but I mean... two single rank DIMMs at 2,133 MHz is just about as light as it gets. Anything should succeed in stabilizing that in my mind.

XMP should be "set it and forget it" but with some configurations, this might not be the case. However, it should be the case for you because your attempted configuration is not that "heavy".
To be completely honest, i think i updated the bios and cleared the cmos because i saw that the version i had, was not able to run that generation of cpus, and i immediately swapped the cpu, i didn’t try the old cpu with the newer bios. It was the latest “stable” version of that bios as far as i can remember, i’m not home currently but i can check later.
No need to be "honest" as though you did something wrong, because you didn't. What you attempted was fine, but now that you are having issues since thew change, the purpose for trying the older 2400G with the new BIOS would be to see if the issue was the BIOS change or the CPU change. That is, if the 2400G is also not stable with the RAM on the new BIOS, it at least indicates the 5600X is probably fine.

You're making it sound like the memory configuration you had before with the 2400G was not this same RAM though? Or am I misreading that?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Provide full system specs please, and be detailed about it

stinnergfx

Okay, so those are single rank DIMMs and it's 3,200 MHz.

Two questions.

1. Since updating the BIOS, have you tried to see if your 2400G still cooperates, or is it also now failing to POST?

2. Is it only failing to POST with the 5600X with the RAM at profile speeds, or can you not even get the new CPU to POST at BIOS defaults (which would be 2,133 MHz RAM speed)?

If it's the latter, I'd be very surprised, and at that point is would almost have to be a bad CPU or just the CPU/board/BIOS/RAM combination not liking each other for one reason or another. Unfortunately, the chances of this probably increase with those older 300 series chipsets boards, but I mean... two single rank DIMMs at 2,133 MHz is just about as light as it gets. Anything should succeed in stabilizing that in my mind.

XMP should be "set it and forget it" but with some configurations, this might not be the case. However, it should be the case for you because your attempted configuration is not that "heavy".

No need to be "honest" as though you did something wrong, because you didn't. What you attempted was fine, but now that you are having issues since thew change, the purpose for trying the older 2400G with the new BIOS would be to see if the issue was the BIOS change or the CPU change. That is, if the 2400G is also not stable with the RAM on the new BIOS, it at least indicates the 5600X is probably fine.

You're making it sound like the memory configuration you had before with the 2400G was not this same RAM though? Or am I misreading that?
1. No, I haven’t tried booting with the 2400g after bios update
2. It’s only failing to post on xmp profile speeds, it runs on default bios speeds effortlessly until the ram usage shoots up drastically.

As for the RAM stability, im honestly just as surprised as you are, and no, youre not misreading it, it’s my fault cause i missed out on a few details. To explain better, my pc came stock with a single 8gb adata stick of ram, that ran at 2400mhz. At the time of me buying another stick, which ended up being the kingston, i had no idea that they should be matching, i was very inexperienced, but that combination of 2 sticks ran like a clock for years, that is until now when i decided to swap the cpu. When it started crashing, I read that ryzens new cpus are very picky regarding ram, and the issue could be that they aren’t 2 of the same sticks, which is when i got the second kingston stick. And of course, same issue after that

stinnergfx

Provide full system specs please, and be detailed about it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 3.7 GHz
GPU : GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 Super WINDFORCE OC 8G
Motherboard : ASRock A320m-DVS R3.0 (Bios version P7.40)
RAM : 2x KINGSTON DIMM DDR4 8GB 3200MHz
PSU : Chieftec GPC-700s
HDD : Hitachi HUA722020ALA331
SATA : KINGSTON SA400S37240G

if you need anything else, let me know

Edit: I'm adding this at the top so I can leave my original post, but you can mostly disregard it.

I don't know where my mind is at... I'm talking like you have 3,600 MHz RAM and telling you to try 3,200 MHz when you have 3,200 MHz RAM already...

I... don't know what to suggest then (other than the part about showing your timings with Ryzen Master or ZenTimings). That really should "just work", and if it's not, then it's got to be either a bad CPU, or the motherboard not giving something the right voltage.
2. It’s only failing to post on xmp profile speeds, it runs on default bios speeds effortlessly until the ram usage shoots up drastically.
Okay, that's better than I thought. I thought it might not be POSTing at all.

What you can try and do is set the profile specifications, but then change the frequency to 3,200 MHz instead of 3,600 MHz (and, optionally, the Infinity Fabric to 1,600 MHz instead of 1,800 MHz, or leave it to auto as it will probably make this change itself with that change in RAM speed).

While a pair of single rank DIMMs should work at that speed because it's not all that heavy of a configuration, the early generation board might be at play here, and it's only officially rated for 3,200 MHz. Try that and see if it fails too. If 3,200 MHz fails, you're either looking at a bad CPU (it's officially rated to do 3,200 MHz), or the board is preventing it. If it resolves it at 3,200 MHz, I'd honestly just settle for that.
As for the RAM stability, im honestly just as surprised as you are, and no, youre not misreading it, it’s my fault cause i missed out on a few details. To explain better, my pc came stock with a single 8gb adata stick of ram, that ran at 2400mhz. At the time of me buying another stick, which ended up being the kingston, i had no idea that they should be matching, i was very inexperienced, but that combination of 2 sticks ran like a clock for years, that is until now when i decided to swap the cpu. When it started crashing, I read that ryzens new cpus are very picky regarding ram, and the issue could be that they aren’t 2 of the same sticks, which is when i got the second kingston stick. And of course, same issue after that
You can mix RAM, but it introduces more variables so many people recommend against it. If it works though, it will run at the speed of the less capable DIMM(s), and that's what happened.

So, just to be sure I have this right, it was...

2400G with single 2,400 MHz RAM = stable

RAM is added, thus...

2400G with single 2,400 MHz RAM plus single 3,600 MHz RAM (running at 2,400 MHz to match the lower one) = stable

The CPU is changed, so now it's...

5600X with single 2,400 MHz RAM plus single 3,600 MHz RAM (running at 2,400 MHz to match the lower one) = unstable, unless one DIMM is used or XMP is disabled

You worry about the mismatched RAM as a variable, so you change the original one with another of the new one and now you're here...

5600X with two 3,600 MHz RAM = still unstable unless one DIMM is used or XMP is disabled

Is that more or less correct?

If so, that does clarify some things. I was wondering what was going on with the 2400G because I thought it would have been unlikely to be working with 3,600 MHz RAM (maybe I'm wrong).

Anyway, my recommendation is the same. Try setting the profile but then manually lowering the frequency to 3,200 MHz and seeing if that changes it.

This could also be a case but the motherboard/BIOS not giving the CPU or RAM enough of a certain voltage but I'm not familiar on identifying that stuff. There's others around here who are much more familiar with that stuff, so if they see this, I'll let them answer. If you have Ryzen Master or ZenTimings installed, providing a screenshot of either will show them what they need to see. Do this with it in its "unstable" state so they can see what the board is trying to give it. It sounds like you have enough stability to boot Windows and grab a screenshot of either.

But I'm thinking you ultimately might be better served trying to go with 3,200 MHz and hoping it works (it really should) as it would be less effort and playing with voltages.

stinnergfx

Edit: I'm adding this at the top so I can leave my original post, but you can mostly disregard it.

I don't know where my mind is at... I'm talking like you have 3,600 MHz RAM and telling you to try 3,200 MHz when you have 3,200 MHz RAM already...
Yeah I was a bit confused when u mentioned 3600MHz so I was checking my post to see if I said that mistakenly

Okay, that's better than I thought. I thought it might not be POSTing at all.

What you can try and do is set the profile specifications, but then change the frequency to 3,200 MHz instead of 3,600 MHz (and, optionally, the Infinity Fabric to 1,600 MHz instead of 1,800 MHz, or leave it to auto as it will probably make this change itself with that change in RAM speed).

While a pair of single rank DIMMs should work at that speed because it's not all that heavy of a configuration, the early generation board might be at play here, and it's only officially rated for 3,200 MHz. Try that and see if it fails too. If 3,200 MHz fails, you're either looking at a bad CPU (it's officially rated to do 3,200 MHz), or the board is preventing it. If it resolves it at 3,200 MHz, I'd honestly just settle for that.
Not gonna lie, I think I've just about tried every frequency that was offered to no avail. One interesting thing I found out (messing with the voltages), when I undervolted the ram from its automatic 1.2v, to 1.1v, the occt memory test on 80% load lasted about 40 seconds before the pc shut off opposed to it doing it within 3-4 seconds of me starting it when I was on 1.2-1.25v. For a moment I was honestly hopeful that I've fixed it considering how long it was going without shutting off but at least it may've given a clue to what could potentially be the issue.
So, just to be sure I have this right, it was...

2400G with single 2,400 MHz RAM = stable

RAM is added, thus...

2400G with single 2,400 MHz RAM plus single 3,600 MHz RAM (running at 2,400 MHz to match the lower one) = stable

The CPU is changed, so now it's...

5600X with single 2,400 MHz RAM plus single 3,600 MHz RAM (running at 2,400 MHz to match the lower one) = unstable, unless one DIMM is used or XMP is disabled

You worry about the mismatched RAM as a variable, so you change the original one with another of the new one and now you're here...

5600X with two 3,600 MHz RAM = still unstable unless one DIMM is used or XMP is disabled

Is that more or less correct?
Well besides the fact that its 3200mhz, not 3600, you've nailed it, thats exactly what i did. But its also unstable with xmp disabled, except the fact that it allows me to boot and do any non-intense tasks. I could go hours scrolling the internet, and doing broad things, but if we're talking about ram heavy games or programs, thats when it happens. The problem is that I can't even notice a pattern honestly, because at one point, I was playing apex legends, and my pc shut off within 10 seconds of me reaching the ground when the game started, and with the exact same settings, just booting the pc on again, i managed to play a whole 25 minute game without it shutting off, but when i tried starting another one, it happened again. And yes, the 2400G was working with whatever i gave it, it just about didnt care at all lol.
Anyway, my recommendation is the same. Try setting the profile but then manually lowering the frequency to 3,200 MHz and seeing if that changes it.

This could also be a case but the motherboard/BIOS not giving the CPU or RAM enough of a certain voltage but I'm not familiar on identifying that stuff. There's others around here who are much more familiar with that stuff, so if they see this, I'll let them answer. If you have Ryzen Master or ZenTimings installed, providing a screenshot of either will show them what they need to see. Do this with it in its "unstable" state so they can see what the board is trying to give it. It sounds like you have enough stability to boot Windows and grab a screenshot of either.

But I'm thinking you ultimately might be better served trying to go with 3,200 MHz and hoping it works (it really should) as it would be less effort and playing with voltages.
I do have the Ryzen Master, so I will attach a ss below with one stick being used (which is what im currently using to post this) and I'll put the other one in, and attach the other screenshot as a reply to this post when I boot my pc again, and whoever can make anything out of it, be my guest, cause I'm honestly baffled. I do wanna say, I highly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to assist with this, it's definitely not a small issue, and I've always had no issue fixing pc related things on my own, but this is a different breed of problems, so I have to resort to asking for help .

The 2 attached pictures are with only one ram stick being used

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    267.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    257.6 KB · Views: 45

stinnergfx

These are with both sticks being used. This power socket parameter seems to be going crazy at times, idk if that helps

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    165.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    117.6 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, I apologize for my confusion. I have no idea why I kept thinking 3,600 MHz...

Regardless, my advice is more or less the same, just "toned down". I would have the same thought process in that if a given memory configuration isn't stable, you should focus efforts on lowering frequency, raising timings, or adjusting (usually raising) voltage. Or some combination of those things.

Others around here are far more familiar with what the various RAM values might need to be, and I'm not (the only thing I caught is that you said you lowered voltage from 1.2V to 1.1V, whereas I would expect the opposite might be necessary, since that RAM is rated for 1.35V at profile speeds[/ur]). So maybe one of them will see this thread and give better suggestions than I can. It's possible that because that RAM is sold as a single DIMM and likely configured to run as such, since you're using two, some value simply needs changed to get them playing together.
I do wanna say, I highly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to assist with this, it's definitely not a small issue, and I've always had no issue fixing pc related things on my own, but this is a different breed of problems, so I have to resort to asking for help .
It's not a problem! If anything, I feel like I'm not offering much help due to my goof above.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 3.7 GHz
GPU : GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 Super WINDFORCE OC 8G
Motherboard : ASRock A320m-DVS R3.0 (Bios version P7.40)
RAM : 2x KINGSTON DIMM DDR4 8GB 3200MHz
PSU : Chieftec GPC-700s
HDD : Hitachi HUA722020ALA331
SATA : KINGSTON SA400S37240G

if you need anything else, let me know
What cpu cooler?

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite Ax DDR5
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 + P12 Max Fans
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury Beast
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4090 24GB
Storage 4TB sn850x, 2TB sn850x, 2TB Netac Nv7000 + 2TB p5 plus, 4TB MX500 * 2 = 18TB. Plus dvd burner.
Display(s) Dell 23.5" 1440P IPS panel
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply Gigabyte 850w
I know my 13600k had a better imc than my current 14700k so upgrading and getting a worse one is certainly possible. Its not to the point where default xmp profiles wont work but, that doesn't mean that couldn't happen.

If it works with xmp off. have you tried just loosening the timings a bit?

stinnergfx

Yeah, I apologize for my confusion. I have no idea why I kept thinking 3,600 MHz...

Regardless, my advice is more or less the same, just "toned down". I would have the same thought process in that if a given memory configuration isn't stable, you should focus efforts on lowering frequency, raising timings, or adjusting (usually raising) voltage. Or some combination of those things.

Others around here are far more familiar with what the various RAM values might need to be, and I'm not (the only thing I caught is that you said you lowered voltage from 1.2V to 1.1V, whereas I would expect the opposite might be necessary, since that RAM is rated for 1.35V at profile speeds[/ur]). So maybe one of them will see this thread and give better suggestions than I can. It's possible that because that RAM is sold as a single DIMM and likely configured to run as such, since you're using two, some value simply needs changed to get them playing together.
It's not a problem! If anything, I feel like I'm not offering much help due to my goof above.
Okay so the last thing i did was use the second xmp profile which let me post, however, upon running the memory test, it was not even a full second before it shut off, it didn’t even manage to get under heavy load, it basically crapped itself instantly.

What cpu cooler?
the stock amd wraith stealth cooler. It’s not overheating if that’s your concern, i logged the temps

I know my 13600k had a better imc than my current 14700k so upgrading and getting a worse one is certainly possible. Its not to the point where default xmp profiles wont work but, that doesn't mean that couldn't happen.

If it works with xmp off. have you tried just loosening the timings a bit?
i honestly didn’t know a newer cpu can have a crappier imc. And i mean yeah, it does work, but it’s unstable i guess. I’m not really an expert on how to adjust the timings, should i look it up somewhere or?

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 220W PPT limit, 80C temp limit, CO -8~12
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F39b, AGESA V2 1.2.0.C
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 (Jan 2024) with off-center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MT/s 1.38V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:280, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~467W (375W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.8.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR400/1000, VRR on
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, ATX v2.4, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v24H2, OSBuild 26100.2033), upgraded from Win10 to Win11 on Feb 2024
Any ZenTimings screenshot with the XMP settings you're trying to test?

1726419118624.png

System Name I don't name my rig
Processor 14700K
Motherboard Asus TUF Z790
Cooling Air/water/DryIce
Memory DDR5 G.Skill Z5 RGB 6000mhz C36
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Super
Storage 980 Pro
Display(s) Some LED 1080P TV
Case Open bench
Audio Device(s) Some Old Sherwood stereo and old cabinet speakers
Power Supply Corsair 1050w HX series
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Max Freq 13700K 6.7ghz DryIce Max Freq 14700K 7.0ghz DryIce Max all time Freq FX-8300 7685mhz LN2
The board only supports 3200 Matisse Single Rank A1 B1 dimm slots populated.

Essentially anything else above 2667 is an OC for this boards specifications. It simply just doesn't like your memory kit.

A should state UP TO doesn't always mean, Will Run.

A-Series APUs:

Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Picasso):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Raven Ridge):

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros Elite AX V2
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE White
Memory TeamGroup T-Force Delta RGB 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon Rx 6800
Storage Fanxiang S660 1TB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 1TB, BraveEagle 240GB SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD
Case Corsair 4000D White
Power Supply Corsair RM750x SHIFT
Set RAM voltage to 1.35, 1.2 is too low for XMP as you found out sooner with trying to run them at 1.1, you need more voltage for higher frequencies, 1.2 is jedec standard, 3200 is usually 1.35 give or take

Also SOC looks low at 0.9750 try 1.1v if the RAM voltage to 1.35 doesn't solve it, you should be solid with this

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 220W PPT limit, 80C temp limit, CO -8~12
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F39b, AGESA V2 1.2.0.C
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 (Jan 2024) with off-center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MT/s 1.38V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:280, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~467W (375W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.8.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR400/1000, VRR on
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, ATX v2.4, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v24H2, OSBuild 26100.2033), upgraded from Win10 to Win11 on Feb 2024
Set RAM voltage to 1.35, 1.2 is too low for XMP as you found out sooner with trying to run them at 1.1, you need more voltage for higher frequencies, 1.2 is jedec standard, 3200 is usually 1.35 give or take

Also SOC looks low at 0.9750 try 1.1v if the RAM voltage to 1.35 doesn't solve it, you should be solid with this
That soc voltage on RyzenMaster screenshot is with JEDEC 2400 profile on (see MCLK and FCLK speed is 1200MHz)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
The board only supports 3200 Matisse Single Rank A1 B1 dimm slots populated.

Essentially anything else above 2667 is an OC for this boards specifications. It simply just doesn't like your memory kit.

A should state UP TO doesn't always mean, Will Run.

A-Series APUs:

Ryzen Series CPUs (Matisse):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Picasso):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Summit Ridge):

Ryzen Series CPUs (Raven Ridge):

That soc voltage on RyzenMaster screenshot is with JEDEC 2400 profile on (see MCLK and FCLK speed is 1200MHz)
At this rate it could be ram or power supply.

I will say in my experience ive never seen a system just rapidly power off unless if a component was overheating or had physical damage or short, or a power supply was bad. Otherwise I would see bsods relating from bad ram

To me I suggest a crucial, mushkin, team, geil, patriot ram set for testing, you can grab a value line, or you can find a shop for that testing so you don't have to buy parts...

Yes this motherboard support D4 16GB only to 3200, and in general qvl is listed only one kit from Adata and two kit's from Corsair...but specifically in qvl for Raven Ridge. In product webpage didn't exist separate qvl for Vermeer. And yes has support for many kit's in lower frequencies.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
It looks to me like you should try a slower RAM speed. Someone here mentioned your board doesn't support any more than 2667, so try that.

System Name I don't name my rig
Processor 14700K
Motherboard Asus TUF Z790
Cooling Air/water/DryIce
Memory DDR5 G.Skill Z5 RGB 6000mhz C36
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Super
Storage 980 Pro
Display(s) Some LED 1080P TV
Case Open bench
Audio Device(s) Some Old Sherwood stereo and old cabinet speakers
Power Supply Corsair 1050w HX series
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Max Freq 13700K 6.7ghz DryIce Max Freq 14700K 7.0ghz DryIce Max all time Freq FX-8300 7685mhz LN2
At this rate it could be ram or power supply.

I will say in my experience ive never seen a system just rapidly power off unless if a component was overheating or had physical damage or short, or a power supply was bad. Otherwise I would see bsods relating from bad ram

To me I suggest a crucial, mushkin, team, geil, patriot ram set for testing, you can grab a value line, or you can find a shop for that testing so you don't have to buy parts...
Well he stated an important note or two.

1 was that with single channel 1 stick everything was fine.

But did he test both as 1 stick single channel and what slot. This might determine a bad stick of memory. (Bad stick is what I'm at maybe)

2, at defaults seems to Work OK.

Anyhow, the A320 chipset isn't really designed for B450 expectations. I don't remember mine supporting XMP profiles, but that was a few years ago and a way different bios version ago.

stinnergfx

Any ZenTimings screenshot with the XMP settings you're trying to test?

View attachment 363503
Something very weird is happening, yesterday I was running the 2nd xmp profile and i managed to provide screenshots for princess garnet, yet when i loaded the same profile now, my pc didnt even post until i lowered the frequencies, and even then, as i got into zentimings, it shut off on me again. Could it just be that the mobo is giving its last signs of life? its starting to become very incosistent. On my first boot this morning, before the windows loading screen, i got a blue screen that lasted about half a second before my pc rebooted and started normally, and that was on default speeds. I only managed to get a ss on jedec speeds, and for some reason, zentimings is saying its failing to load my IO driver so its not showing the full info

Attachments

• ZenTimings_Screenshot.png
    ZenTimings_Screenshot.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 24

stinnergfx

It looks to me like you should try a slower RAM speed. Someone here mentioned your board doesn't support any more than 2667, so try that.
i mean thats what i've been doing for a while now, using the defaults because at least my pc somewhat works that way, of course until it gets loaded with ram usage, as soon as it jumps to something crazy, it shuts off, but the more i mess with the frequencies and voltages, using xmp's, it becomes 10 times more unstable, if it even manages to post