• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ThrottleStop bug

unto41

is it bug on win 11? my other computer its win 10 and work fine on win 11 laptop this icons show how can i fix this

Attachments

• gerr.png
    gerr.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 91

unto41

vbs was disabled and your private msg link doesnt work :)))

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
private msg link doesnt work
I just tried the link and it worked for me. Google Drive took a while and it complained that it could not scan the download but it worked. Unfortunately the beta versions always get tagged as a possible Trojan virus. It is likely that your antivirus software is trying to save you.

The ThrottleStop bug that you have reported has been fixed but you might have to wait for the next official ThrottleStop release before you can use it. Maybe later this week. The weather looks nice today so maybe not.

1726502905435.png

unclewebb

Did you download the beta version? The bug is fixed in that version.

unto41

i try many of them not work and i have more icon here when i download and start old version i have now latest
i was have 5 x icon when i open latest one but after try others i have a lot of them .....

unclewebb

after try others i have a lot of them .....
ThrottleStop 9.6 and any of the older ThrottleStop versions will register lots and lots of icons in Windows 11. The beta version I sent you only registers five icons with Windows 11. One for the main icon, one for the CPU temperature, one for the GPU temperature, one for the MHz and one for power consumption.

Only use the beta version. If you resume using older versions after using the beta version, there will be lots and lots of icons registered with Windows 11.

Here is how to rebuild the Windows icon cache.

Last edited:

tivatavi

I just tried the link and it worked for me. Google Drive took a while and it complained that it could not scan the download but it worked. Unfortunately the beta versions always get tagged as a possible Trojan virus. It is likely that your antivirus software is trying to save you.

The ThrottleStop bug that you have reported has been fixed but you might have to wait for the next official ThrottleStop release before you can use it. Maybe later this week. The weather looks nice today so maybe not.

View attachment 363593

I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. Is there any chance I could receive the link to the beta version as well? or should I wait for the full release? If so, could you provide an ETA?