• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Linux RCE Vulnerability Leaks Ahead of Disclosure - Allows Arbitrary Code Execution via CUPS Print Scheduler

Space Lynx

Astronaut
No, just open the terminal and use the commands in the order list previously.

first command worked after i entered my password, second one said denied after i entered my password, not sure what i did wrong :confused:

first command worked after i entered my password, second one said denied after i entered my password, not sure what i did wrong :confused:
Do you have root or SU on your user account? If not, you need to create a SuperUser account and enter the command in that account. You need root auth for the commands I listed.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Do you have root or SU on your user account? If not, you need to create a SuperUser account and enter the command in that account. You need root auth for the commands I listed.

ok well since it got updated recently anyway i think i will just leave it, patch has already been issued, i think one of linux weaknesses is not having a toggle to simply turn on or off printing

i just install linux mint in w.e way it tells me to do so, i just hit next on everything when i install it, so lol i have no idea, im not having any issues so i'll just leave it alone

ok well since it got updated recently anyway i think i will just leave it, patch has already been issued, i think one of linux weaknesses is not having a toggle to simply turn on or off printing

i just install linux mint in w.e way it tells me to do so, i just hit next on everything when i install it, so lol i have no idea, im not having any issues so i'll just leave it alone
Fair enough. The procedure above is what I did. Some of it I already knew, but two parts of it were learned after looking up more info. I run my install of Mint with SU enabled, soo...