• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

It's on Steam as well, and it's quite cheap... Might be worth a buy.
Weird. I wonder when that happened? It started out as an Android game.

Definitely. Realistic graphics definitely have a place, but stylistic graphics do too, and often I prefer them a bit more (truly, a mix of both without being too extreme in either direction ends up being the best for me).
100% this! As was stated elsewhere, games are about escapism and immersion is important.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Definitely. Realistic graphics definitely have a place, but stylistic graphics do too, and often I prefer them a bit more (truly, a mix of both without being too extreme in either direction ends up being the best for me).

Art direction is much more imortant than visual fidelity. See for example The Long Dark, which like no other game captures winter.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'm playing Ghost Song tonight, was free for prime subscribers. It's got Metroid Fusion vibes, but a unique atmosphere and so far I am really enjoying it. Looks great in OLED.

1728246939185.png

Currently playing Dead Space 2 and loving it. The Dead Space games are action shooter games wearing the skin of a horror game and I wish more games would take this approach.
You sound like you'd love Doom 3 just as I did, often considered the Black sheep of the series.
Looks like garbage with PS2 and HDTV even with component cable. But who cares if the game is good.
Seeing the raw graphics output, and then upscaled, is just way too rough on a lot of those older CRT era games. I'd go with emulation and filtering at that point, or look into if Final Fantasy VIII had any asset upscaling love on its PC counterpart like Final Fantasy IX did.

If you want to stick to the original hardware and game, there's always hardware scalers with filters... for a price, haha.

But I'd almost consider that the only acceptable way to go when dealing with the original hardware/games on modern displays. If I played enough of them, I'd honestly consider a few hundred for a good one well worth the investment. Probably not for one game here and there.

I have no idea what that "Comsumer Mode 1" is supposed to mimic insofar as CRTs go, but my goodness does it look gorgeous. I'm not sure if any emulation filters/shaders exist to mimic such a look.

You sound like you'd love Doom 3 just as I did, often considered the Black sheep of the series.

Seeing the raw graphics output, and then upscaled, is just way too rough on a lot of those older CRT era games. I'd go with emulation and filtering at that point, or look into if Final Fantasy VIII had any asset upscaling love on its PC counterpart like Final Fantasy IX did.

If you want to stick to the original hardware and game, there's always hardware scalers with filters... for a price, haha.

But I'd almost consider that the only acceptable way to go when dealing with the original hardware/games on modern displays. If I played enough of them, I'd honestly consider a few hundred for a good one well worth the investment. Probably not for one game here and there.

I have no idea what that "Comsumer Mode 1" is supposed to mimic insofar as CRTs go, but my goodness does it look gorgeous. I'm not sure if any emulation filters/shaders exist to mimic such a look.

-It was alright, but it definitely is the black sheep of the series.

Dead Space has the benefit of being it's own thing and not coming with th to expectations and baggage of the Doom series before it, but it definitely shares some of Doom 3's "techno horror" DNA.

Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WiFi 6)
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S (two fans)
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Reference Vega 64
Storage Intel 665p 1TB, WD Black SN850X 2TB, Crucial MX300 1TB SATA, Samsung 830 256 GB SATA
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG27, and Samsung S23A700
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME TITANIUM 850W
Mouse Logitech
VR HMD Oculus Rift
Software Windows 11 Pro, and Ubuntu 20.04
After finishing Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Attachments

• Rise of the Tomb Raider_2024.10.03-13.33.png
    Rise of the Tomb Raider_2024.10.03-13.33.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 17

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50, GPU with custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage A pack of SSDs totaling 3.2TB + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" 4K120 IPS + 32" 4K60 IPS + 24" 1080p144
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless / Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Playing nhl24 on ps4. JYP vs Avalanche

jyp is my local team :toast:

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 512+512+1+2+2+2+2+6+500+256+4+4+4
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
I like the CRT/soft look much better than sharp.. The blocky pixelized look has always irritated the crap out of me.

I see a black grainy idk what it is on soft and prefer the pixeled render myself ;)

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I see a black grainy idk what it is on soft and prefer the pixeled render myself ;)
Yeah it has a LOT more definition to it. Of course you see pixels, but the whole picture is more vibrant, details pop; compare the wood floor behind the character for example.

System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
Commandos: Origins (demo) it feels like the old game only in higher resolution.

Yeah it has a LOT more definition to it. Of course you see pixels, but the whole picture is more vibrant, details pop; compare the wood floor behind the character for example.
It's different in a thumbnail compared to at high resolutions, although giving the benefit of the doubt I presume you checked it at full screen resolution/maximum 4K video detail, ideally on a high resolution display (just mentioning this in case you didn't or for anyone else who didn't). Those games were never meant to look pixelated, and the 320 x 224 backgrounds just do not survive being scaled up to modern HD resolutions, regardless of whether you do a nearest neighbor approach (too pixelated) look or a filtered look (too blurry/smooth). They need some sort of additional "CRT-esque" treatment to look right, and even then they still lean towards blurry, but well... that's the nature of the original asset size. The PC version with the Moguri mod exists for people who want sharpness/clarity on modern HD resolutions and don't mind the drawbacks of that approach.

You do, however, bring up one good point about the obvious drawback of scanlines and some of those filtered approaches. That is, they dull the image because less of the overall scene is bright (due to more of it being scanlines). This is simply unavoidable to an extent because LCDs can't mimic a CRT. CRTs were "resolution flexible" in that they didn't have native resolutions, so they could show these low resolution assets at larger physical screen sizes without as much deterioration. Of course it would be as sharp as HD resolutions becasue we simply had HD resolution sharpness back then, but it'd be better than how those same HD resolutions show it now.

This is actually part of what made me like the way the "consumer 1 mode" looked, despite it not being as "accurate" to most CRT TVs of the time. It's a balance of a filtered/CRT look while retaining some vividness.

The best bet is to simply use a CRT, but that's not practical for most people. I think really high resolution displays (namely, 4K, and maybe 1440p, hence the disclaimer in that video) help here because these shaders/filters have more real estate to work with when trying to mimic scanlines and other stuff that would work on a sub-pixel level. OLED displays may also be better off here in retaining some of the brightness/vividness.

But at the end of the day... yeah, it's yet another example of why I'll cry "remake when, Square Enix, come on!" Capcom did it (Resident Evil 2). Even Konami did it (Silent Hill 2), and with a series they basically shifted to gambling machine duty. I'm keeping my eyes on Square Enix... it's their turn to do what those other two did!

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
The Axis Unseen demo dropped last week. I've decided to give it a try, with all the fuss and game media noise about it.
"From the developer of Skyrim and Fallout and Starfield and whatever"... "Huge heavy metal horror open-world game from former Bethesda dev".... and shit like that.
Basically it ended up being a friggin' garbage dump. Procedurally generated barren map with very few enemies that you can't even kill or do anything with until you level up quite a bit.
Tutorial was an incoherent mess which tried to introduce several in-game mechanics which are not even available in the demo itself (at least I did not have a patience to unlock 'em); all while throwing you randomly between unconnected sets every few seconds.
Worst of all - DLSS doesn't work on my card(GTX1660S) and XeSS(the only available option) for some reason makes it even slower. With 4K monitor I had to downtune everything in order to be able to run it fullscreen, so in my case you can actually see the game for what it really is - a bunch of lazy low-poly models slapped together, spruced up with nanite, fur, GI, and some post-processing.
Not sure what exactly did this dude develop in all of the abovementioned Bethesda titles, but it sure is not gameplay, nor maps, nor graphics, nor UI.

As sad as it sounds, I think I'm gonna go back to torturing myself with Fallout 76.

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
It's different in a thumbnail compared to at high resolutions, although giving the benefit of the doubt I presume you checked it at full screen resolution/maximum 4K video detail, ideally on a high resolution display (just mentioning this in case you didn't or for anyone else who didn't). Those games were never meant to look pixelated, and the 320 x 224 backgrounds just do not survive being scaled up to modern HD resolutions, regardless of whether you do a nearest neighbor approach (too pixelated) look or a filtered look (too blurry/smooth). They need some sort of additional "CRT-esque" treatment to look right, and even then they still lean towards blurry, but well... that's the nature of the original asset size. The PC version with the Moguri mod exists for people who want sharpness/clarity on modern HD resolutions and don't mind the drawbacks of that approach.

You do, however, bring up one good point about the obvious drawback of scanlines and some of those filtered approaches. That is, they dull the image because less of the overall scene is bright (due to more of it being scanlines). This is simply unavoidable to an extent because LCDs can't mimic a CRT. CRTs were "resolution flexible" in that they didn't have native resolutions, so they could show these low resolution assets at larger physical screen sizes without as much deterioration. Of course it would be as sharp as HD resolutions becasue we simply had HD resolution sharpness back then, but it'd be better than how those same HD resolutions show it now.

This is actually part of what made me like the way the "consumer 1 mode" looked, despite it not being as "accurate" to most CRT TVs of the time. It's a balance of a filtered/CRT look while retaining some vividness.

The best bet is to simply use a CRT, but that's not practical for most people. I think really high resolution displays (namely, 4K, and maybe 1440p, hence the disclaimer in that video) help here because these shaders/filters have more real estate to work with when trying to mimic scanlines and other stuff that would work on a sub-pixel level. OLED displays may also be better off here in retaining some of the brightness/vividness.

But at the end of the day... yeah, it's yet another example of why I'll cry "remake when, Square Enix, come on!" Capcom did it (Resident Evil 2). Even Konami did it (Silent Hill 2), and with a series they basically shifted to gambling machine duty. I'm keeping my eyes on Square Enix... it's their turn to do what those other two did!
Yeah I think you're right in that specific scenario, but going from just the video (didnt watch it full screen) and also from my own experience emulating games I really don't mind a pixelated look all that much. There are limits, but as long as the picture conveys what's going on well, I'm fine, really. That's personal more than anything else. I'm not saying the crt approach is bad though.

The upscale generated from emulators like pcsx2 doesn't quite have these issues or hurdles to overcome; and there I just don't mind looking at pixels. They were always there. Similarly, lots of SNES games. I'm also familiar with the somewhat dulled look some implementations can have, I've never been a big fan of it. Vibrant color can do a lot especially for older games; and also quite specifically because when they were viewed natively, they were similarly bright and vibrant on a CRT or a cathode ray TV. Colors were always quite pure in my memory, and digitalizing the scanlines or even mimicing the spaces between 'pixels' on a TV isn't doing much good on an LCD in my view. It simply darkens the picture and if you compensate that with additional brightness from the monitor, you're also brightening the blacks. On LCD, you want the space between pixels to be impossible to see, because it creates artifacting or breaks motion resolution. Effectively, its also 'a grid of squares' you're placing on the image, except now they're black instead of a nearest neighbour.

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Been on a bit of a sim racing/driving rampage lately playing some LeMans Ultimate, and iRacing, and as far as driving just truckin' on American Truck Simulator. I'll sprinkle some A Plauge Tale: Requiem in there in between.

View attachment 366076
Since the new Update Le Mans ultimate has been insanely good.

I had to delete Dead Space 1 which I got free on Ubi or EA, because I found it too scary. Those creatures with long, razor arms scared the sh*t out of me :ohwell:
Try Fear or Fear 2. That will effect you.

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
I had to delete Dead Space 1 which I got free on Ubi or EA, because I found it too scary. Those creatures with long, razor arms scared the sh*t out of me :ohwell:
DS1 is like a cocktail of suspense, jump scares all over the place and a constant pressure like you're in a submarine with its air running out. Probably one of the best horror games I've come across to be fair. And it gets worse over time, the monsters at the beginning aren't even the worst. By far not. When I met those super soldiers the first time (the really quick ones) I quite literally shat my pants.

Higher difficulties add a constant lack of resources on top of the whole thing, too.

There's probably one game I rank as high as DS1 and that's Silent Hilll 3, in terms of just pure horror and fear playing it.

For some reason I felt like doing a playthrough or five of this again. Let's see how silly I can upgrade my weapons this time (Shadow Warrior 2)

ShadowWarrior2_2024_10_08_20_45_12_963.jpg

Last edited:
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
DS1 is like a cocktail of suspense, jump scares all over the place and a constant pressure like you're in a submarine with its air running out. Probably one of the best horror games I've come across to be fair. And it gets worse over time, the monsters at the beginning aren't even the worst. By far not. When I met those super soldiers the first time (the really quick ones) I quite literally shat my pants.

Higher difficulties add a constant lack of resources on top of the whole thing, too.

There's probably one game I rank as high as DS1 and that's Silent Hilll 3, in terms of just pure horror and fear playing it.
Excelsior! Gaming has been that good.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
DOA5 on PS4 :3

Try Fear or Fear 2. That will effect you.
The best horror FPS games. Hella glad that I'm not the only who loves them :)

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
fatal frame
Did you try the Fatal Frame / Project Zero series ?
Real gems tends to be forgotten now :/

Dissolve Fatal Frame GIF by Xbox

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 512+512+1+2+2+2+2+6+500+256+4+4+4
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
Nobody on SH2 right now ?

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510

Yep I could not sleep after playing Fear for the first time. That Game is not for Friday nights but when the sun is in the sky. Then I got Fear 2 on a Steam summer sale and played it with my headphones on. That was the only time I have done that with a Fear Game and I will never do it again but the immersion was real. I am not someone who is into Horror since the Night of the living Daylights when I saw that as the last movie on a Friday night in high school. Fear was that good though where it transcended genres and just became an experience not to be missed. Just to prove the point I never got into Stalker. Even though that Game could be considered similar. Dead Space is also WTF but I think I was playing Section 8 or Mass Effect so the lack of weapons was jarring. I probably won't go back as if I thought 2023 was good for Gaming 2024 has been insane with releases. If you watched Grendizer as a kid the Grendizer Game is that good. Even has the music from the show. It even has a some seriously SHump levels and Starfox style levels as well. "Spin Saucers!. Yep Gaming has been that good since I was 7 when my Dad brought home that Tank Game with 2 controllers that my brother and I played the snot out of but when he brought home the TRS80 it was over. My first Game was Kareem vs Bird and I played the s$%$ out of that too. Then I got a Spy Game that was like the one in the Arcade but better. Then I got Space Racer and what a blast that was. Silpheed and Budokan were the end of my journey with PC Gaming as the SNES was taking no prisoners. Of course that led to the PS1 and I fell in love with Psygnosis, Konami, Namco, Capcom, Tieko, Broderbund and EA. That was when EA was the bomb, if you were into Sims. Today is that good because nothing before can compare to the best examples of what we have to trigger our imagination today. Dragon's Dogma 2 and 40K Rogue Trader are 2 completely different Games that will be just as good as Everspace 2 if you are a kinetic Gamer. That means that you played the pants off of Torchlight 1 and 2 and found Diablo meh as a result of sinking your teeth into Grim Dawn. You also know that Ascent is as much Cyperpunk as you would want but CP2077 is insane but the contorls are not Devil May Cry.

ss_8c53d326a01cf11c5299f4af5517cc100336a103.600x338.jpg

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Yep I could not sleep after playing Fear for the first time. That Game is not for Friday nights but when the sun is in the sky. Then I got Fear 2 on a Steam summer sale and played it with my headphones on. That was the only time I have done that with a Fear Game and I will never do it again but the immersion was real. I am not someone who is into Horror since the Night of the living Daylights when I saw that as the last movie on a Friday night in high school. Fear was that good though where it transcended genres and just became an experience not to be missed. Just to prove the point I never got into Stalker. Even though that Game could be considered similar. Dead Space is also WTF but I think I was playing Section 8 or Mass Effect so the lack of weapons was jarring. I probably won't go back as if I thought 2023 was good for Gaming 2024 has been insane with releases. If you watched Grendizer as a kid the Grendizer Game is that good. Even has the music from the show. It even has a some seriously SHump levels and Starfox style levels as well. "Spin Saucers!. Yep Gaming has been that good since I was 7 when my Dad brought home that Tank Game with 2 controllers that my brother and I played the snot out of but when he brought home the TRS80 it was over. My first Game was Kareem vs Bird and I played the s$%$ out of that too. Then I got a Spy Game that was like the one in the Arcade but better. Then I got Space Racer and what a blast that was. Silpheed and Budokan were the end of my journey with PC Gaming as the SNES was taking no prisoners. Of course that led to the PS1 and I fell in love with Psygnosis, Konami, Namco, Capcom, Tieko, Broderbund and EA. That was when EA was the bomb, if you were into Sims. Today is that good because nothing before can compare to the best examples of what we have to trigger our imagination today. Dragon's Dogma 2 and 40K Rogue Trader are 2 completely different Games that will be just as good as Everspace 2 if you are a kinetic Gamer. That means that you played the pants off of Torchlight 1 and 2 and found Diablo meh as a result of sinking your teeth into Grim Dawn. You also know that Ascent is as much Cyperpunk as you would want but CP2077 is insane but the contorls are not Devil May Cry.

View attachment 366677
FEAR2 was also good!

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
Commandos: Origins (demo) it feels like the old game only in higher resolution.
man, this franchise fell from grace a bit with the 2 and 3 remasters. so much so for me that I never even put this game on my wish list. I heard it was coming, but never gave a crap to follow it at all. I feel like a bit of a poser since Commandos was literally the game franchise that made me think playing games on the PC was cool. This kinda stuff wasn't really possible on a console at the time, and when it was done, it was clunky.

Fingers crossed they have captured the feeling of Behind Enemy Lines, Beyond the Call of Duty, and/or Men of Courage. Your comment gives me hope!

I still liked the remaster of 2, but it was comical how many bugs were left in or introduced. I kinda stopped liking the franchise at 3, that game wasn't as good, and whatever Strike Force was, it sure wasn't for the fans of the previous games. I never even bought it, let alone played it once.

I have a high bar set for this new game! Got it on my wish list now and I'll obviously have to try out the demo too!

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw wireless
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)

I didn't find the Fear games in the least bit scary and I did enjoy the shooting!

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i9-9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax ETS-T50 Black CPU cooler
Memory 32GB (2x16) Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 Ti Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 (OS); 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 2TB MX500; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) Infievo 27" 165Hz @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000 Gold
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I didn't find the Fear games in the least bit scary and I did enjoy the shooting!
Alma scared the hell out of me in the first game. I had to have all the lights blazing. Fear 2 didn’t scare me though. I was wise to her ways. That just turned out to be a good shooter.