• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design partners with Best Buy to expand retail in North America

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
Today, Fractal Design announced a new retailer partnership with Best Buy, one of the world's largest specialty computer and hardware retailers. Starting today, Best Buy customers will be able to find Fractal's award-winning PC cases online at BestBuy.com. This new retail expansion ensures gamers and enthusiasts have ready access to the Scandinavian design, user-centric innovation, and premium quality that Fractal infuses into each of its products.

"We're excited to expand the retail options available to customers throughout the US by making Fractal gaming products purchasable at BestBuy.com." said Keith Washo, Fractal Design Senior Director of Sales. "We believe that combining our highly acclaimed gaming hardware and equipment with Best Buy's first-rate ecommerce platform will ensure greater access to our best-selling products and a quality shopping experience for Fractal customers and new shoppers alike."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Redux
Memory 4x8G Teamgroup Vulcan Z DDR4; 3600MHz @ CL18
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2X GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Storage WD_Black SN770, Leven JPS600, Toshiba DT01ACA
Display(s) Samsung ViewFinity S6
Case Fractal Design Pop Air TG
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Corsair Harpoon RGB
Keyboard Keychron C2 Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
It would have been a lot more exciting to see Fractal in brick-and-mortar stores, personally. Not many have access to Micro Center unless an hour-long+ drive is tolerable, but there's a whole lot of Best Buys.

I really think Best Buy should be transitioning into general electronics with a section for PC hobbyism and maker stuff. I don't think a lot of people bother going to Best Buy for a home appliance if they can help it—Costco and Home Depot are usually the first stops. As is, they're beginning to dwindle as e-tailers offer better prices and Geek Squad's service is spotty at best.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
It would have been a lot more exciting to see Fractal in brick-and-mortar stores, personally. Not many have access to Micro Center unless an hour-long+ drive is tolerable, but there's a whole lot of Best Buys.

I really think Best Buy should be transitioning into general electronics with a section for PC hobbyism and maker stuff. I don't think a lot of people bother going to Best Buy for a home appliance if they can help it—Costco and Home Depot are usually the first stops. As is, they're beginning to dwindle as e-tailers offer better prices and Geek Squad's service is spotty at best.

Agreed! Best Buy does not have good deals on appliances. And if you have dealt with their sales and customer support it isn't great. Home Depot/Lowes and the local appliance shops are all much better at the Appliance game. I would love to see Best Buy transition into more of a Micro Center. I might actually go there...

Over here, right where you least expect me to be !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ

OMFG, not BustyBuy, anyone but those clowns.....:cry:.:fear:.:eek:...

But at least it will be online, so we don't have to deal with their tweenie-bot, shit-4-brains, less-than-clueless employees that couldn't find their buttholes with a 6 foot long finger !

Yea I realize that B&M computer stores are few & far between, but just sayin :D

But OTOH, I heard that RadioSmack is making a come back at retail, so maybe they can strike up a deal with them, as having Fractal's stuff there would certainly be a draw for more customers.....

I have no love for CotsGo or the HomeDespot either, but I would much rather go there instead of a BustBuy any which way from sunday !

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
But at least it will be online, so we don't have to deal with their tweenie-bot, shit-4-brains, less-than-clueless employees that couldn't find their buttholes with a 6 foot long finger !

That is definitely one way to describe them.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Best Buy opened a store in my area 16 or so years ago. It was a smaller store (when I say it was a smaller store I'd venture to say it was maybe 60% the size of a normal Best Buy store), meant to be more of a focus on home appliance and home entertainment instead of being a bigger store with a gobsmacking bit of everything.

When you first walked when the store was opened at least 1/3 of the store was dedicated to appliances. They had really nice mock kitchens setup and a large selection of products to look over, everything looked really nice. The next 1/3 of the store was dedicated towards home theater entertainment. Speakers, TVs, receivers and so on. The last 1/3 of the store had a sprinkling of the bigger selling things you'd normally get at a Best Buy, such as laptops, cell phones, tablets, consoles and such.

The whole idea was to focus more on making the experience there geared towards home appliances and home theater type experience....but when that didn't work they remodeled it about 6 years ago to bring it into line with the larger stores. The appliance department was greatly reduced and they made room for as much as they could cram into it hoping they could salvage the location, wanting to make it function like a normal Best Buy store. In the end, nearly 2 years ago now, they closed the location. It was a failed attempt to try and refocus Best Buy (at least that location) into a dominate retailer for appliances. With having a Warner Stellian just a few miles away, along with a Home Depot across the road and a Lowe's a few miles away the area already had great spots to shop for appliances. Best Buy was swinging out of their league.

Now, if Best Buy can find a way to focus a little more on PC hardware - more than it does now - I bet it could do wonders for them for foot traffic. Micro Center near me is always busy and I mean always. The problem with Best Buy's current offering for PC hardware is the limited options and the higher cost some of the stuff tends to be. But let's not forget how ineffective most of the Geek Squad people can be. Maybe this is a direction Best Buy is looking to go, guess we see how things turn out for them.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I dont go into BB these days but when I did they had a PC "area" that had some of this, some of that kind of stuff. It mostly focused on complete systems and laptops, nothing extensive. And, omg, the name brands, hardly no major name brands, its like Aliexpress on downers.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Works ok for me.

If I want a Fractal case, I have to travel about an hour to get one, then come back.

There is a BB 5 minutes from me :cool:

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50, GPU with custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage A pack of SSDs totaling 3.2TB + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" 4K120 IPS + 32" 4K60 IPS + 24" 1080p144
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless / Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Sucks that Fractal isn't the best bang for buck manufacturer like they were back in the day. At least Define R4 was 100EUR at maximum when I bought mine in 2012 or 2013.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair MP600 Pro LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Hopefully Canada as well. Be nice to walk into a store and buy a case, and not pay $35 shipping to get a dented up box.

Works ok for me.

If I want a Fractal case, I have to travel about an hour to get one, then come back.

There is a BB 5 minutes from me :cool:
I have to drive about 9 hours lol
But BB is about 20 minutes away.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Sucks that Fractal isn't the best bang for buck manufacturer like they were back in the day. At least Define R4 was 100EUR at maximum when I bought mine in 2012 or 2013.
I bought my R4 in 2012 for 120 CAD plus 13%.

I think I paid 220 for my Torrent Compact.. plus tax lol.

Best deal was 60 bucks for my Meshify C on kijiji, a used site here.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
Best Buy opened a store in my area 16 or so years ago. It was a smaller store (when I say it was a smaller store I'd venture to say it was maybe 60% the size of a normal Best Buy store), meant to be more of a focus on home appliance and home entertainment instead of being a bigger store with a gobsmacking bit of everything.

When you first walked when the store was opened at least 1/3 of the store was dedicated to appliances. They had really nice mock kitchens setup and a large selection of products to look over, everything looked really nice. The next 1/3 of the store was dedicated towards home theater entertainment. Speakers, TVs, receivers and so on. The last 1/3 of the store had a sprinkling of the bigger selling things you'd normally get at a Best Buy, such as laptops, cell phones, tablets, consoles and such.

The whole idea was to focus more on making the experience there geared towards home appliances and home theater type experience....but when that didn't work they remodeled it about 6 years ago to bring it into line with the larger stores. The appliance department was greatly reduced and they made room for as much as they could cram into it hoping they could salvage the location, wanting to make it function like a normal Best Buy store. In the end, nearly 2 years ago now, they closed the location. It was a failed attempt to try and refocus Best Buy (at least that location) into a dominate retailer for appliances. With having a Warner Stellian just a few miles away, along with a Home Depot across the road and a Lowe's a few miles away the area already had great spots to shop for appliances. Best Buy was swinging out of their league.

Now, if Best Buy can find a way to focus a little more on PC hardware - more than it does now - I bet it could do wonders for them for foot traffic. Micro Center near me is always busy and I mean always. The problem with Best Buy's current offering for PC hardware is the limited options and the higher cost some of the stuff tends to be. But let's not forget how ineffective most of the Geek Squad people can be. Maybe this is a direction Best Buy is looking to go, guess we see how things turn out for them.
I'm not sure about the other Best Buys around the US, but here in Pittsburgh the few stores around me have been providing great service, or at least what I consider competent customer service. 60 day return policy and no-questions-asked returns are all I ask for, really. I don't need any Geek Squad troubleshooting or whatever.

They replaced my ROG Ally when I reported the microSD card reader being fried earlier this year. I also had my LG C1 replaced twice (cracked screen) when it was under warranty. On the 2nd replacement (early 2023) they gave me a LG C2 since they didn't have the C1 in stock anymore. That was when I opted for the 42" version and a $100 Best Buy gift card lol

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50, GPU with custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage A pack of SSDs totaling 3.2TB + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" 4K120 IPS + 32" 4K60 IPS + 24" 1080p144
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless / Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
I bought my R4 in 2012 for 120 CAD plus 13%.

I think I paid 220 for my Torrent Compact.. plus tax lol.

Best deal was 60 bucks for my Meshify C on kijiji, a used site here.
I always forgot that you guys (and in USA) the prices don't include VAT. :D

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair MP600 Pro LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I always forgot that you guys (and in USA) the prices don't include VAT. :D
Ya, it really hits home when you need to buy a vehicle, and you realize that the $60k vehicle is not the final cost, and then you have to pay $7,800 tax on top of that. :|

System Name Obliterator
Processor Ryzen 7 7700x PBO
Motherboard ASRock x670e Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 G2 LBC
Memory G.skill Trident Z5 Neo 6000@CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock rx7900 GRE Steel Legend
Storage 2 x 2TB Samsung 990 pro nmve ssd 2 X 4TB Samsung 870 evo sata ssd 1 X 18TB WD Gold sata hdd
Display(s) LG 27GN750-B
Case Fractal Torrent
Audio Device(s) Klipsch promedia heritage 2.1
Power Supply FSP Hydro TI 1000w
Mouse SteelSeries Prime+
Keyboard Lenovo SK-8825 (L)
Software Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 21H2 / Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC 24H2 with multiple flavors of VM
I'm no fan of bestbuy, but they do have good deals on stuff ocasionally (and can get some crazy deals on the returned/open box merchandise sometimes). Sometimes I go in there just for the power trip of watching the geek squad flee from me like Godzilla just walked in.

Japan Sunglasses GIF