• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 Unveiled with Several Upscaler Changes to Improve Realism

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
You're saying you know it all, but it doesn't match what you're posting.
I didn't say I know it all, I said I know what I'm doing and that you sound like you're pretending to know better, so gg pulling out a strawman lol
Its also up to you whether you want to see that or not.
ironic
Your view on what constitutes a proper support period differs wildly from what customers seem to expect.
no, it doesn't, you're just misinterpreting what I'm saying and applying your own meaning to it, so either projecting shit on me, assuming the worst, or strawmanning again
I'm saying you seem to be wearing the wrong glasses and that's why you got your panties in a bunch because someone typed 'abandoned'
yea, abandoned typically comes with negative connotations
And then when the explanation comes, again, you act like you're being attacked.
read your own reply with your agile teachings and implications that I have no idea what I'm doing/talking about and then read what you just wrote here lol; stop gaslighting
It shows also in the wording you're using, as if some battle must be fought here, its even close to insulting
yea I typically get upset when people give devs shit for no reason other than "I want more free shit" - been on the receiving end of this ungrateful attitude after having released tons of updates and it's no fun at all :)
you could get cheeky and call it a "trigger" and you'd be right

Solid companies are capable of extending support beyond their profit line, because there is more profitable business in the company.
no thanks to patching for the most part
And then the company name can grow out to become a brand you 'trust' because things always work out.
thanks to marketing lol, no one gives a shit about patching unless there's strong marketing behind it to let everyone know how big of a good boy the developer is
They just kept patching and as a result have built incredibly strong franchises.
they have incredibly strong franchises thanks to marketing, not patching. patching is mainly relevant in the initial period of when you have to "prove" that you're a good developer.
comparing metro exodus, a single player game where people sperged out because they couldn't get a game on their favorite digital game distribution platform (which is an infantile and stupid reason btw), to something like blizzard, a company that produces multiplayer titles only in the last 10+ years, is a bad comparison
Continued support is also relevant for communities to stay alive
...are we talking about singleplayer games? sounds like a goalpost move again
which, ultimately, leads to continued support for sequels.
good marketing ultimately leads to sequels, continued support is at the behest of the company leads if they determine it's a worthwhile investment

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I didn't say I know it all, I said I know what I'm doing and that you sound like you're pretending to know better, so gg pulling out a strawman lol

ironic

no, it doesn't, you're just misinterpreting what I'm saying and applying your own meaning to it, so either projecting shit on me, or strawmanning again

yea, abandoned typically comes with negative connotations

read your own reply with your agile teachings and implications that I have no idea what I'm doing/talking about and then read what you just wrote here lol; stop gaslighting

yea I typically get upset when people give devs shit for no reason other than "I want more free shit" - been on the receiving end of this ungrateful attitude after having released tons of updates and it's no fun at all :)

no thanks to patching for the most part

thanks to marketing lol, no one gives a shit about patching unless there's strong marketing behind it to let everyone know how big of a good boy the developer is

they have incredibly strong franchises thanks to marketing, not patching. patching is mainly relevant in the initial period of when you have to "prove" that you're a good developer.
comparing metro exodus, a single player game where people sperged out because they couldn't get a game on their favorite digital game distribution platform (which is an infantile and stupid reason btw), to something like blizzard, a company that produces multiplayer titles only in the last 10+ years, is a bad comparison

...are we talking about singleplayer games? sounds like a goalpost move again

good marketing ultimately leads to sequels, continued support is at the behest of the company leads if they determine it's a worthwhile investment
Thanks for confirming everything, we're done here, again, you do you, the world is wrong, you're right, we misinterpret everything while you confirm it just once more.

I'll highlight the key point
It shows also in the wording you're using, as if some battle must be fought here, its even close to insulting

That's it, right there, it echoes in all your posts and its out of place.

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
Thanks for confirming everything, we're done here, again, you do you, the world is wrong, you're right, we misinterpret everything while you confirm it just once more.

I'll highlight the key point

That's it, right there, it echoes in all your posts and its out of place.
I accept your concession
p.s. gg on contradicting yourself - you say that I need to consider other views/ideas, yet bail the moment I say you're misinterpreting what I say LOL

Last edited: