• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Announces the $999 Radeon RX 7900 XTX and $899 RX 7900 XT, 5nm RDNA3, DisplayPort 2.1, FSR 3.0 FluidMotion

Nobody can help you, you can believe whatever you want. AMD showed off at least 50 percent faster than 6950 XT performance today. That is not 10 percent faster than the 4080, the card that is less than 60 percent of the 4090. It could be 30 percent faster than it.

Exactly there is no point in showing comparisons against a card that costs 60 percent more. They need to wait for the RTX 4080 to release before they can release marketing materials showing comparisons.

They showed charts claiming 50-70 percent faster performance. What more do you want. "didn't show anything solid" um, what?

The 4080 is the most cutdown '80 card released in the last decade. The 3080 was the least cutdown. I think you will be shocked at how bad the 4080 really is compared to your 3080-set expectations.
10% faster than 4090 in both Rasterization and RT for 1000$ would have me jump and pre-order immediately. It's a dream now, AMD will charge 1200-1500$ for such a card.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Well we will have a better idea in a month or so but I personally think Nope!? Preliminarily.

And it's not 70% , who knows what it will be but with markup it is more than double now.

Time will tell.

Everybody is focused on $1,699 when the card sold out at $2,500-$3,000 scalped! AMD doesn’t have a competitor for this card. It’s easy to sit back and wait for your competitor to complete something, because you lack the confidence in your own design. Then release something after the fact.

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Everybody is focused on $1,699 when the card sold out at $2,500-$3,000 scalped! AMD doesn’t have a competitor for this card. It’s easy to sit back and wait for your competitor to complete something, because you lack the confidence in your own design. Then release something after the fact.
Yes that's how graphics cards go, AMD waited for Nvidia to eventually release the 4090 Late and then set about making a non competition card to beat it's smaller un released 4080 card?!?

you correctly state the 4090 sold out but then again if it was scalped do you happen to know if They cleared their stock on, no, I guess not.

Or do you know how many 4090s hit the market, was it a significant amount?!

Processor Core i7-12700
Motherboard MSI B660 MAG Mortar
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 CL16 @ 3466 MT/s
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage Too many to list, lol
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Too many to list, lol
Keyboard Membrane, baby
Software Win10, Mint, Fedora
Yeah I have a hard time taking the "BUT IT SOLD OUT" argument seriously. This happens every time there's a graphics card launch, going back almost two decades. Yes, the major COVID/Bitcoin-era shortage is over, but you should always expect demand to outstrip supply for the first couple months after launch. And yes, there will always be a tiny segment of the population that is willing to pay any price for a halo card, and wants it NOW.

Without knowing how many cards were offered for sale, the fact that they sold out is meaningless. What we can say for sure is that halo cards don't account for a significant portion of either NVIDIA or AMD's revenue--at least not directly. You compete at the extreme high end to win mind share that will help you sell the rest of the stack. Unfortunately it looks like we may not see a "rest of the stack" for Ada/RDNA3 any time soon; AMD and NVIDIA are leaning on their previous gen cards to fill in the lower-to-middle range (and really, what used to be considered higher end, that space between, say, $500 and $900). Maybe I'm too cynical, but as of this moment I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA/AMD skip reasonably priced cards for this gen entirely.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Yeah I have a hard time taking the "BUT IT SOLD OUT" argument seriously. This happens every time there's a graphics card launch, going back almost two decades. Yes, the major COVID/Bitcoin-era shortage is over, but you should always expect demand to outstrip supply for the first couple months after launch. And yes, there will always be a tiny segment of the population that is willing to pay any price for a halo card, and wants it NOW.

Without knowing how many cards were offered for sale, the fact that they sold out is meaningless. What we can say for sure is that halo cards don't account for a significant portion of either NVIDIA or AMD's revenue--at least not directly. You compete at the extreme high end to win mind share that will help you sell the rest of the stack. Unfortunately it looks like we may not see a "rest of the stack" for Ada/RDNA3 any time soon; AMD and NVIDIA are leaning on their previous gen cards to fill in the lower-to-middle range (and really, what used to be considered higher end, that space between, say, $500 and $900). Maybe I'm too cynical, but as of this moment I wouldn't be surprised if NVIDIA/AMD skip reasonably priced cards for this gen entirely.
It's a f£$¢$¢g Nvidia tactic ( the swareing is at them not you)

Release 5 4090S at MSRP.

Oh look they sold out they're so popular.

Meanwhile they build up stock , sell to AIBS at a mark-up-up-up-up.

Then the actual 4090 release happens at MSRP + 30/230%

Now those that don't see this trend, no one can help.

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail

Nicely put!

Yep i also fear we won't be seeing halo crumbs going forward, or anytime soon. Which is a damn shame! We've been bamboozled! All that HYPE and upgrade eagerness shot in the knees.... only to be left with BS HALO products to fit a tiny miniscule....microscopically insignificant mandate. I've lost interest to be honest... the enthusiasm is extinct "for now" - you gotto add that, i'll be probably back on it as soon as the next announcement for something around the corner.

.....AMD and NVIDIA are leaning on their previous gen cards to fill in the lower-to-middle range.....

I see it more of a 4-phase segment now with lower-end, middle-ground, high-performance cards covering the bread and butter lines and the 4th being the all-stack price inflating XX90 loathed embellishment sitting on top. Then again i'm on 1440p (and on behalf of the majority 1080pees)... for me something like a peg down from the 7900/4090 would be classed as "top end" but for a tiny handful of 4K gamers and now 8K (we're seeing this a lot more now in the marketing/reviewer hype) i can see why the XX90 changes things up.

System Name latest-greatest
Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard Z690 Rog Strix-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360
Memory corsair vengeance Ddr5 4800
Video Card(s) 2080ti
Storage 980 pro gen4
Display(s) LG C1 4K 120Mhz
Case fractal meshify2
Audio Device(s) Realtec 4080
Power Supply Corsair rm1000x
I believe the new norm is that these cards, especially halo cards will never be in stock at scale. They will always be out of stock with regular drops for the lower tier cards and occasional drops for higher tier. It's going to be a struggle to both afford and find cards you can afford, that's the new norm. Nvidia is betting on consumers skipping a generation, so they will soak those that want a new card. With the increases though, will they bet on consumers skipping 2 generations?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I believe the new norm is that these cards, especially halo cards will never be in stock at scale. They will always be out of stock with regular drops for the lower tier cards and occasional drops for higher tier. It's going to be a struggle to both afford and find cards you can afford, that's the new norm. Nvidia is betting on consumers skipping a generation, so they will soak those that want a new card. With the increases though, will they bet on consumers skipping 2 generations?
They certainly are making me skip 3 now, unless there is some ultra competitive x70 coming out. At 499. They're not getting a cent more for that tier. And everybody knows that ain't happening.

For some reason I feel more inclined to spend twice that money on a top end AMD card, I'm just about to pull the trigger, waiting on reviews.

Agreed. What Ngreedia an it seems like everyone and their mother is doing are doing limited launches.

Limited launches are products produced in low original runs to make that marketing claim of THEY SOLD OUT OF PRODUCT.
You have got to remember that the 4090 series of cards sold only 130 thousand plus... GLOBALLY. That is chump change in the amount that could have been produced

They did this to imply that their card is that good at that value of price. They also implied that the 4080 @ 1200 bucks is where the price should be.

However many of us AND the public have called BS on this as they are not selling as well as they thought.

Now here are some Vtubber Video on one site. He's okay... But... It's rather interesting what he has to say.

He also dunks on LTT