• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gets NVIDIA DLSS 3 Support

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11

TL;DR:
Native: ~40FPS, 100ms PC latency with Reflex OFF, 50ms latency with Reflex ON
DLSS Q: ~60FPS, 70ms PC latency with Reflex OFF, 35ms PC latency with Reflex ON
DLSS Q + FG: ~100FPS, 50ms PC latency (Reflex ON)

This patch introduced Nvidia Reflex, so previously everyone have to use DLSS2 to get 60FPS with 70ms of input Latency, was the game unplayable then? Nope
After this patch, 100FPS with 50ms of input latency, Nvidia already offered the solution to the input latency problem, but haters will only focus on the problem :).

Looks like lots of people here find FG a positive experience too.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I'm all on the side of bashing nvidia for their practices, but I honestly can't say anything bad about the tech. This tech itself is great. DLSS has been good in most games since like 2.1. Yes, it does alter the image, but at high resolutions, in actual play... not that noticeable, and ends up being comparable to your typical AA solutions, if not a little more natural-looking across the whole image, in terms of the net changes to the overall image. To me, the frame rate boost and ability to run what are, the these days, much more refined and better understood RT techniques than before, make it worth trying out. The biggest problem was that only quality or *sometimes* balanced mode was really any good outside of 4k. That's changing too, though.

And I KNOW it sounds pretentious. I don't really expect people to just believe me, but perhaps you can at least see how it's possible in a logical sense. When you put everything about these technologies under the looking glass, try to take samples that encapsulate what it's doing, they tend to fall short. With all of the effects, their core strength is in what they push out of the way. If you look for overt or earth shattering, you often find boring and strange instead. It's a matter of missing the full context of those elements within the entire space. The main strength of RT effects is in the way they sneak in and up the overall plausibility factor. It's just less of a strain to believe you're there. Many different kinds of games can benefit from these things. While lighting has always been faked, RT is the better way to fake things.

The DLSS tech goes hand in hand with that. The challenge has always been having the grunt to get enough throughput for practical amounts of real-time accuracy (or at least, correction.) Correction is more attainable right now. It's not ideal. And there are tradeoffs. But from every experience I've ever had with it, it's hard for me not to see it as very worthwhile tech. Bridging that performance gap through sneaky unburdening approaches, allows for an increase in overall plausibility, at the cost of that last layer or two in image fidelity.

And you know what? That IS subjective. I think it's fair to not like what you lose in the images. But I think in time that could change, and I don't think what it offers in impact is worth entirely discarding. RT is pretty interesting as a tool, and who knows what other uses devs might find for it. To me, if it allows for better fidelity of conveyance, more convincing expression in the visuals... to me that stands out as something very valuable. It doesn't automatically make a games visuals better. But it DOES make for a better platform to convey visuals that are fundamentally good better. For instance, some classic games really look great with a proper RT conversion, and the reason they look so good is because the RT is in concert with very good visual design.

Anything that has the potential to elevate the experiences possible in games is worth keeping on-radar at the least. It's prohibitively expensive - that's worth some outrage. I can't even use this... I'll be stuck with my 3060ti for a while... and I only got lucky that a friend cut me a deal on a spare he happened to snipe out. Nvidia really, really is not a great company. I really don't care about DLSS or RTX as brands. But the technology itself is good, has IMO proven its worth, and to me, shows promising future potential. If tricks like machine learning super scaling and frame generation can open the door to it, I can't see that as a bad thing. The only bad thing about it is the absurd cost/availability.

wolf

Better Than Native
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
When you put everything about these technologies under the looking glass, try to take samples that encapsulate what it's doing, they tend to fall short. With all of the effects, their core strength is in what they push out of the way. If you look for overt or earth shattering, you often find boring and strange instead. It's a matter of missing the full context of those elements within the entire space. The main strength of RT effects is in the way they sneak in and up the overall plausibility factor. It's just less of a strain to believe you're there.
Couldn't agree more, what I've found with excellent RT implementations, think Metro Exodus EE or Dying Light 2, is that the lighting is so natural and realistic (relatively), that people playing may not actually find it striking or impressive, but what's happening there is of course extremely impressive. I also agree it can come off pretentious, I've certainly had people react badly and I suspect that's why, but I think that's the truth of the matter. Some gamers of course couldn't care less about realism, or even graphics much in general (take this recent post about it), but for those that do, RTRT is clearly amazing when done well and here to stay. DLSS and tech like it certainly helps along the way, especially when matured like it is now and in most cases for me at 4k, is downright preferable to native+TAA

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
One way to disparage the shit flinging is provide links and videos talking about if it's good or if it's bad.

Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence in either case.
I believe TPU already provides those, from time to time.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
In theory wouldn't Nvidia making DLSS 3 insert Black frames do the same thing?
Black frame insertion is to reduce blur, it actually halves the frame rate.

that people playing may not actually find it striking or impressive, but what's happening there is of course extremely impressive.
What a strange argument. The reason people don't find it impressive is because they can't even tell what it does.

"It's amazing, I know you can't tell but it's amazing, trust me."

The only reason I can tell when a game is using RT is because I know specifically what to look for, like out of screen space reflections and bounce lighting but if it wasn't for my intricate knowledge of graphics I would never be able to tell. I imagine the vast majority of people don't have a clue what those things that I mentioned even mean, they're extremely subtle, so to what benefit is this to the majority of users when they can't even potentially spot the differences is beyond me. We spent decades to fake what RT does and we've gotten so good at it the returns from actually having RTRT are now diminishingly small.

Artificially generated frames from artificially upscaled frames just so you can see something that you can't even tell it's on. That's just great, isn't it.

Last edited:

wolf

Better Than Native
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
breaking news! inserting fake frames increases frame rate! more on this after the break.

okay, but how does it LOOK?
Check 7900 XT/XTX vs 4080/4090 sales on mindfactory.de and see that most users don't bite the DLSS3 nonsense.

If someone is really into interpolated frames (something, I'm sorry, my TV can do, oh and I have a device that can print labels, so I can print "AI" label and slap it on the back of my TV too!!!) it will shortly (and inevitably) appear in the next FSR.

I'm all on the side of bashing nvidia for their practices, but I honestly can't say anything bad about the tech.
Tech doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Look at those people with G-Sync monitor. No innovation (variable framerates were a thing in notebooks since ages), customer lock in.

Making DLSS3 4xxx exclusive is another way to harm customers, a bit more obvious one.

So what do we get as a result of the proprietary crap pushing? Ruined PhysX, ruined G-Sync, lots of wasted effort, locked out customers.

Last edited:
Can we get some benchmarks

4k Psycho RT. DLSS 3.0 + DLSS 2.0 quality vs FSR 2.0. 4090 vs 7900xtx.

I think 4090 is 3x-4x faster.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Nvidia already offered the solution to the input latency problem
Merely caught up with AMD's Radeon Anti-Lag, which NV initially claimed to have and at the same time that they need to look at what it was... :D

A lovely trick to only apply anti-lag to the last test...

When you are getting 20fps with DLSS off
Maybe you should switch RT off. (I was told RT stands drastic-ReducTion-of-fps)

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
If someone is really into interpolated frames (something, I'm sorry, my TV can do, oh and I have a device that can print labels, so I can print "AI" label and slap it on the back of my TV too!!!) it will shortly (and inevitably) appear in the next FSR.
I have nothing against frame interpolation, I've been waiting for this to become a thing for many years. Computing optical flow costs no more than 2-3 ms per frame on a GPU, probably even less these days, interpolating frames doesn't require any ML, it can be done all in software fairly easy, far from perfect but passable.

Nvidia is simply lying when they claim this only works on 4000. And that's where the main problem lies, Nvidia is simply the worst when it comes to adding new features, it's always locked proprietary software used exclusively for marketing purposes. They don't want to improve the experience their customers get, they just want to use it to sell their 4000 series cards. Pay 900-1000 dollars minimum for a 4070ti to use frame generation in whatever .01% games that are gonna have that in the next years ? Sounds amazing, classic Nvidia move.

I really wish AMD would move sooner with FSR3 and turn frame interpolation into something widespread that's actually relevant and not locked down proprietary garbage.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
Merely caught up with AMD's Radeon Anti-Lag, which NV initially claimed to have and at the same time that they need to look at what it was... :D

A lovely trick to only apply anti-lag to the last test...

Maybe you should switch RT off. (I was told RT stands drastic-ReducTion-of-fps)

AMD Anti lag is a POS next to Reflex, only comparable to Nvidia NULL, but I know you don't know any better ;)

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
F£#@ the degree's of copium in this thread.

Few have even tried it, there's nothing to try it on and few can, yet many an opinion on how acceptable it is.

I won't join in the hypocrisy, until I try it, but I want to see a 360° spin not a guy stood still image.

I'll probably prefer sub 15ms latency though 50 sounds like the cloud.

Last edited:
System Name Rectangulote
Processor Core I9-9900KF
Motherboard Asus TUF Z390M
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 280 + Eisblock RTX 3090 RE + 2 x 240 ST30
Memory 32 GB DDR4 3600mhz CL16 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX 3090 SG
Storage WD Blue 3D 2TB + 2 x WD Black SN750 1TB
Display(s) 2 x Asus ROG Swift PG278QR / Samsung Q60R
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Evga Nu Audio + Sennheiser HD599SE + Trust GTX 258
Power Supply Corsair RMX850
Mouse Razer Naga Wireless Pro / Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Keychron K4 / Dierya DK61 Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro
Yes 3D rendering is just a bunch of way of cheating and trying find way of doing things that are cheaps but the end results look good enough.
Those who say this is just a cheat don't know shit about how games are done, a lot of the parallax effects in 80s and 90s videogames were just compositions over different layers between background and sprites because the actual hardware couldn't do that. Transparency effects were made using the defect in composite video by justapoxing pixels and they wont work on rgb video. Cheating the engine to make it look good is baked in the essence of videogames since its inception, and people who are raging becase these are not "real" frames should start reading about videogame history.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory 32GB @ 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT
Storage WD Black SN850(1TB), WD Black NVMe 2018(500GB), WD Blue SATA(2TB)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME-GX-1000
Those who say this is just a cheat don't know shit about how games are done, a lot of the parallax effects in 80s and 90s videogames were just compositions over different layers between background and sprites because the actual hardware couldn't do that. Transparency effects were made using the defect in composite video by justapoxing pixels and they wont work on rgb video. Cheating the engine to make it look good is baked in the essence of videogames since its inception, and people who are raging becase these are not "real" frames should start reading about videogame history.
I mean, they aren't 'real' frames. They are generated. The expectation when getting higher frame rates is typically smoothness and better input response.

Frame Generation only delivers on the former, which is fine if you're already getting a reasonable framerate (50+) without frame generation. However, if you're only getting 20-30 FPS without frame generation but with it your PC says you're getting 50 FPS, it's still going to feel like you're playing at 20-30 FPS, or even worse (frame generation increases input latency).

I expect when we see low end cards release, we'll see how miserable of an experience frame generation will be with low FPS.

All that being said, it's probably fine on high end cards because they're already getting high FPS, so you get a little bit of an added visual smoothness, at the cost of a small amount of input latency.

wolf

Better Than Native
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
F£#@ the degree's of copium in this thread.

Few have even tried it, there's nothing to try it on and few can, yet many an opinion on how acceptable it is.
I tend to agree, I've seen it and tried it and it was highly impressive, but on the spec sheet alone people write it off and draw an arbitrary line that it surely must be unacceptable to them.

Virtually anything involving input latency and visual fidelity is a highly personal thing to judge, and I would simply recommend people "don't knock it 'till they try it".

Of course it's not going to be amazing all the time every time and be suitable for every kind of game, same even applies to FSR/DLSS, RTRT, Ultra settings and so on.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I tend to agree, I've seen it and tried it and it was highly impressive, but on the spec sheet alone people write it off and draw an arbitrary line that it surely must be unacceptable to them.

Virtually anything involving input latency and visual fidelity is a highly personal thing to judge, and I would simply recommend people "don't knock it 'till they try it".

Of course it's not going to be amazing all the time every time and be suitable for every kind of game, same even applies to FSR/DLSS, RTRT, Ultra settings and so on.
I am not suggesting we all buy 4### series GPU, try this then report back.

There's reviews, in shop trials etc.

And as for people not knocking what they haven't tried this forum would be a death zone in that case.

I'm more baffled by those defending it, that have not tried it because they can't.

I'm fine with people expressing an opinion or doubt about a new tech just be clear where you stand.

I don't like the look of this because I didn't much like what dlss did when I spun 180° in CB2077, I have doubts about this.

But I agree it is unfair to go all in hate without further information, testing.

Dlss isn't for me in most games niether is fsr though and the latency doesn't sound appealing to me.

RT is exactly like physx, you buy in then find out f all shows it's worth as much as you hoped and few games even bothered, and fewer still did it well.

piffdaddy

It will be increased latency input compared to if you were actually getting the FPS displayed on the FPS counter.

For example, with DLSS + No Frame Generation, let's say you're getting 20 FPS.

With DLSS + Frame Generation, you may be getting 35 FPS, but the input latency will still be at the 20 FPS latency or a bit higher (it takes time to insert generated frames), because those 15 extra frames you're getting are all generated between the 20 frames the game is actually rendering.

Frame generation input latency will be less noticeable, and probably mostly negligible, if you're already getting 60+ FPS without it.
Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.
If you were getting 20fps nothing is going to help you. If I'm already getting 80fps in cyberpunk for example with everything cranked up and now I'm getting 160 then it looks and feels great. Believe me I'm looking at it right now. Latency in the upper 20s. For this type of game that's beyond acceptable. For an eSports title that is way less demanding you would never use this technology because you would get so many frames anyway and latency is no issue.

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Motherboard gigabyte x570 aorus gaming elite.
Cooling bykski GPU, and CPU, syscooling p93x pump
Memory corsair vengeance pro rgb, 3600 ddr4 stock timings.
Video Card(s) xfx merc 310 7900xtx
Storage kingston kc3000 2TB, amongst others. Fanxiang s770 2TB
Display(s) benq ew3270u, or acer XB270hu, acer XB280hk, asus VG 278H,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti pro 1000w
Mouse logitech g703
Keyboard durogod keyboard. (cherry brown switches)
Software win 11, win10pro.
I'm all on the side of bashing nvidia for their practices, but I honestly can't say anything bad about the tech. This tech itself is great. DLSS has been good in most games since like 2.1. Yes, it does alter the image, but at high resolutions, in actual play... not that noticeable, and ends up being comparable to your typical AA solutions, if not a little more natural-looking across the whole image, in terms of the net changes to the overall image. To me, the frame rate boost and ability to run what are, the these days, much more refined and better understood RT techniques than before, make it worth trying out. The biggest problem was that only quality or *sometimes* balanced mode was really any good outside of 4k. That's changing too, though.

And I KNOW it sounds pretentious. I don't really expect people to just believe me, but perhaps you can at least see how it's possible in a logical sense. When you put everything about these technologies under the looking glass, try to take samples that encapsulate what it's doing, they tend to fall short. With all of the effects, their core strength is in what they push out of the way. If you look for overt or earth shattering, you often find boring and strange instead. It's a matter of missing the full context of those elements within the entire space. The main strength of RT effects is in the way they sneak in and up the overall plausibility factor. It's just less of a strain to believe you're there. Many different kinds of games can benefit from these things. While lighting has always been faked, RT is the better way to fake things.

The DLSS tech goes hand in hand with that. The challenge has always been having the grunt to get enough throughput for practical amounts of real-time accuracy (or at least, correction.) Correction is more attainable right now. It's not ideal. And there are tradeoffs. But from every experience I've ever had with it, it's hard for me not to see it as very worthwhile tech. Bridging that performance gap through sneaky unburdening approaches, allows for an increase in overall plausibility, at the cost of that last layer or two in image fidelity.

And you know what? That IS subjective. I think it's fair to not like what you lose in the images. But I think in time that could change, and I don't think what it offers in impact is worth entirely discarding. RT is pretty interesting as a tool, and who knows what other uses devs might find for it. To me, if it allows for better fidelity of conveyance, more convincing expression in the visuals... to me that stands out as something very valuable. It doesn't automatically make a games visuals better. But it DOES make for a better platform to convey visuals that are fundamentally good better. For instance, some classic games really look great with a proper RT conversion, and the reason they look so good is because the RT is in concert with very good visual design.

Anything that has the potential to elevate the experiences possible in games is worth keeping on-radar at the least. It's prohibitively expensive - that's worth some outrage. I can't even use this... I'll be stuck with my 3060ti for a while... and I only got lucky that a friend cut me a deal on a spare he happened to snipe out. Nvidia really, really is not a great company. I really don't care about DLSS or RTX as brands. But the technology itself is good, has IMO proven its worth, and to me, shows promising future potential. If tricks like machine learning super scaling and frame generation can open the door to it, I can't see that as a bad thing. The only bad thing about it is the absurd cost/availability.
is this from chat- GPT?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Mouse logitech g703
Is this your idea of a clever insult?

upscaling good.
RT faked, but good.
DLSS good, but tough to do
RT adds realism, but has to be designed in
eye candy in games is good.

does that sum it up?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
upscaling good.
RT faked, but good.
DLSS good, but tough to do
RT adds realism, but has to be designed in
eye candy in games is good.

does that sum it up?
Not even. But based on these two posts, Im not interested in discussing it with you. Youve given me zero reason to be charitable towards you.

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Mouse logitech g703
please block me, then.
OMG, are you really living in Florida?

i am sorry.

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
There's being witty, and the there's being reactionary. You chose the latter.

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Mouse logitech g703
There's being witty, and the there's being reactionary. You chose the latter.

I chose latte?… if given a choice, i’ll pick a latte. and i will drink a café Americano, or espresso over coffee.
(no choice at home, so coffee it is.)

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section