• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Announces the DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Today, Razer unveils the new DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed, an ergonomic wireless esports mouse inspired by the iconic, award-winning DeathAdder V3 Pro. Loved by the esports community with over 20 million units sold worldwide, the DeathAdder line continues to evolve. In pursuit of creating an approachable pro-grade esports mouse for the community, factors like grip style, and mouse shape and size were crucial.

As a result, design angles and height tweaks were treated with extreme care, with testing, and validation to ensure the DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed meets community and pro standards. This mouse delivers top-tier features in a more accessible format, perfect for gamers and aspiring champions seeking to elevate their gameplay with Razer's trusted performance and technology.

Features include:
  • Lightweight Ergonomics: Combines lightweight design and ergonomic shape, weighing only 55 g for high-speed maneuverability. This new design represents more than a 12% weight reduction from the DeathAdder V3 Pro with a shape fine-tuned with input from pro esports players.
  • Ergonomic Design with Smooth-Touch Texture: Optimized for comfort and control, crucial for lengthy gaming sessions.
  • Up to 100 Hours of Battery Life: Long-lasting power to sustain through extended tournaments and play sessions, further enhanced by Type C connectivity for quick recharging.
  • Razer HyperSpeed Wireless: Ensures dependable, low-latency connectivity essential for competitive gameplay. Also upgradeable to true 8000 Hz wireless polling rates with the Razer HyperPolling Wireless Dongle, sold separately.
  • Razer Optical Mouse Switches Gen-3 and Razer Focus X 26K Optical Sensor: Advanced technology for ultra-responsive actions and pinpoint accuracy, including a new Dynamic Sensitivity feature, for greater customization of DPI output and mouse input.

Price: £99.99 GBP / $99.99 USD / €119.99 MSRP

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Here a rodent rehash, there a rodent reshash, everywhere a rodent rehash...yep that's Razzerio for ya :)

If I had a dollar for every time they came out with something worthwhile, I'd have, well, a dollar, maybe 2 at most....

s/N/o/O/z/E.....

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Here a rodent rehash, there a rodent reshash, everywhere a rodent rehash...yep that's Razzerio for ya :)
That’s a bit ironic considering that V3 is the first time in almost two decades that Razer is actually majorly shaking up and changing the shape of the mouse. It’s a lot of things, but a rehash it is not.

Weight reduction is pointless, these get pushed on a smooth mouse pad, not held up in the air. How is this any different from Razer Viper V3, and V3 Pro? Product line seems redundant.

Still enjoying my Viper V2 Pro, it's been great.

If I had a dollar for every time they came out with something worthwhile, I'd have, well, a dollar, maybe 2 at most....

s/N/o/O/z/E.....
I would have less of a problem with rehashes if it wasn't the same rehash junk. I haven't tried any Razor products, but some of the common issues with this peripheral are after about one year of use, something always fails on them, particularly, the low-friction pads that are commonly glued on the bottom side.
Imo, I would be more than happy to shell out $150+ for a mouse if there were two things:
#1. Durable. Nobody wants some part of it to fail after a year or two, only to end up having to replace the whole thing if they want to correct the faulty part.
#2. Modular parts. Easily replaceable parts such as mouse buttons, scroll wheels, low-friction pads, etc., that are reasonably priced(unlike the "proprietary pricing" nonsense Dell/Alienware does with their products).

They say "20 million units sold," but I wonder how many of those units are due to replacements since they probably suffer from the same shortcomings as other mouse peripherals: cheap manufacturing. It also doesn't help that many products have a much shorter life nowadays since companies heavily rely on selling units rather than increased durability/product life.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Power Supply 65w brick
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Weight reduction is pointless, these get pushed on a smooth mouse pad, not held up in the air. How is this any different from Razer Viper V3, and V3 Pro? Product line seems redundant.

This might seem pointless, but a heavier mouse is more wear & tear on mouse pads and the low-friction pads due to a greater force being applied to the mouse pad & low-friction pads of the mouse. In other words, one or both will wear out quicker. Another thing is when it comes to "twitch gaming"(games that require twitch reflexes, etc.) a lighter mouse is better vs. a heavier mouse; especially for long gaming sessions.

Probably more like 5M sold & 15M RMA'd, heeheehee :)
I highly doubt that since I don't believe RMA's are considered "sales". RMA's are also a pain in the ass with long waiting times(at least with respect to this system critical device). If I had to guess, I would say at least a third(and that's being generous) of that 20 million number was due to customers buying replacement units for failed products that occurred outside of the warranty. Plus I'm sure Razor sponsors quite a few Esports events, so there's that.

Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
How is this any different from Razer Viper V3, and V3 Pro? Product line seems redundant.
Uh, it’s a completely different shape? One is an ergo, another is an ambi. They feel completely differently in the hand and facilitate completely different grips.

glarg

I disagree. I think weight reduction matters quite a bit, particularly if you're one to lift up and reposition the mouse briefly between swipes. Do that enough times in a play session and the weight probably matters more than one may think.

Processor 13700KF - 5.7GHZ
Motherboard Z690 UNIFY-X
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 (NF-A12x25)
Memory 2x16 G.SKILL M-DIE (7200-34-44-44-28)
Video Card(s) XFX MERC 7900XT
Storage 1TB KINGSTON KC3000
Display(s) FI32Q
Case LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC EVO
Audio Device(s) HD599
Power Supply RMX1000
Mouse PULSAR XLITE V2 MINI (RETRO)
Keyboard KEYCHRON V3 (DUROCK T1 + MT3 GODSPEED R2)
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Superposition 4k optimized - 20652
They get so much shit for their quality, in truth razer mice were the most robust i ever had.

The worst by far are steelseries from my sample over the years.

Processor Intel I7 6700
Motherboard Msi Z170i Pro Gaming AC
Cooling Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP
Memory Corsair LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 980ti Extreme Gaming W3
Storage Samsung Evo 850 500GB + 250GB
Display(s) 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
Case Ncase M1
Power Supply Sharkoon Silentstorm SFX
Mouse Logitech MX Master, Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Corsair K65RGB
Software Win 10
They get so much shit for their quality, in truth razer mice were the most robust i ever had.

Being an avid wow player, and really liking mmo-mice with multiple buttons on the side to use them for rotations (so spam clicking them), Razer Naga has so far been the best mice. Logitech, Asus, Steelseries have all had the side buttons fail, but Naga has been standing strong.

I did have scroll wheel issues with my latest Naga, but it was replaced with the new V2 which has USB-C and an improved scroll wheel, so I was actually kinda glad that happened.

System Name Main Workstation
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX PBO 3,6-4,2Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte x399 Aorus Pro (ReBAR patched)
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 420
Memory 8x16GB (128) Kingston Fury RGB @3200Mts 16-18-18-36-74 2T
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 ROG Gaming OC @1500Mhz (1965Boost)
Storage Corsair MP510
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000GT
Naga has been standing strong.
Lol my Naga Broke after 8 Months - fortunately it was just a Gift. Gfs Kraken had signal issues after 10 months. I dont know any Razer Product that survived over a year. Lifestyle E-Waste for people who just put stuff on desk and never use it. That seems to be the Usecase for everything Razer.

System Name YACS amd
Processor 5800x,
Motherboard gigabyte x570 aorus gaming elite.
Cooling bykski GPU, and CPU, syscooling p93x pump
Memory corsair vengeance pro rgb, 3600 ddr4 stock timings.
Video Card(s) xfx merc 310 7900xtx
Storage kingston kc3000 2TB, amongst others. Fanxiang s770 2TB
Display(s) benq ew3270u, or acer XB270hu, acer XB280hk, asus VG 278H,
Case lian li LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) obs,
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti pro 1000w
Mouse logitech g703
Keyboard durogod keyboard. (cherry brown switches)
Software win 11, win10pro.
For a moment I read: DeathSpeed HyperAdder

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ

peepepoopoo

Looks like a mouse. Is a mouse.

Definitely not worth paying more for what is essentially a USB-C version of the G603.

Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk x570
Cooling Thermalright
Memory 32 gb 3200mhz E die
Video Card(s) 3080
Storage 2tb nvme
Display(s) 165hz 1440p
Case Fractal Define R5
Power Supply Toughpower 850 platium
Mouse HyperX Hyperfire Pulse
Keyboard EVGA Z15

IDK I can feel the difference moving from a ~80g mouse to a ~60g one. I don't know how you use your mouse without lifting it off the surface sometimes.

Yeah, but they all suffer from the same thing: generally manufactured from the same cheap material & designed as a throw-away product. If it were otherwise, they wouldn't be competitive in the market.

Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Yeah, but they all suffer from the same thing: generally manufactured from the same cheap material & designed as a throw-away product. If it were otherwise, they wouldn't be competitive in the market.
The amount of build quality woes that I’ve witnessed from FinalMouse buyers for the past couple models is, frankly, amusingly staggering. And those were made from first magnesium, then carbon fiber composite - far from “same cheap materials”. And on the other hand, I’ve seen Zowie mice made from pedestrian plastics go for years and years, these things are/were built like tanks.

The amount of build quality woes that I’ve witnessed from FinalMouse buyers for the past couple models is, frankly, amusingly staggering. And those were made from first magnesium, then carbon fiber composite - far from “same cheap materials”. And on the other hand, I’ve seen Zowie mice made from pedestrian plastics go for years and years, these things are/were built like tanks.
Why would someone spend 2-4x on a mouse that performs the same function as other mice(without all of the holes)? The carbon fiber composite chassis is just a gimmick as I've never heard of a mouse chassis wearing down or breaking prematurely in comparison to button functionality and base pads. The quality of the internals, base, & mechanical parts are by far more important. I mean, unless you're in the habit of throwing or slamming the mouse, I would expect the chassis to be one of the last things to fail. All of that extra money is mostly for the 2-year hardware warranty. Either way, that's a hell of a price to pay for a mouse that "might" last an extra year or two.

Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
@MentalAcetylide
Weight savings, mostly. How meaningful they are beyond a certain point is still an ongoing debate in competitive FPS communities. Personally, I believe that shape is king and everything else is secondary. But that’s neither here nor there.

That, and mouse enthusiasts have their own “hype beast” culture.

These are enthusiast products for gaming enthusiasts. If all you need is a mouse that works, then the product just isn't for you. It doesn't mean the product needs to unexist.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Their way of shaving off weight was just to make the mouse smaller lol

And this is bad how? Not everybody has bear paws for hands. I sure as hell don't. In fact, next to my Cobra Pro, I'm waiting for Razer to make a mini version of the DA V3...but not super mini like the DA V2 was. A bummer, since I found that one ridiculously comfy. Problem was that my fingers literally swallowed it up.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
If it wasnt the dependency for razer mouse performance on its software, it might be a good mouse, the random disconnects for whatever reason is enough to drive someone batty. CS is something to be desired.