• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Announces the DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed

Magician

I think the DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed actually looks fine. Doesn't seem to have loads and loads of tradeoffs Vs the pro.

Lots of comments about Razer's overall quality: personally, I can defend their mice (very happy, long term DeathAdder V2 Pro owner), but their Keyboards aren't the best.

Two underwhelming but inoffensive BlackWidows later, and I'm definitely looking at Keychron now.

@MentalAcetylide
Weight savings, mostly. How meaningful they are beyond a certain point is still an ongoing debate in competitive FPS communities. Personally, I believe that shape is king and everything else is secondary. But that’s neither here nor there.

That, and mouse enthusiasts have their own “hype beast” culture.
It does make sense in that respect, but again, is it worth paying the extra price for it if other parts fail and you have to completely replace the unit every couple of years? I'm looking at it more from a durability perspective since I typically replace my system every 7 years.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
@MentalAcetylide
To be fair, durability is something that strictly can be judged only on personal experience. I have, in all my long PC building life, had a mouse fail only… maybe once? All other times when I swap them is just me getting bored and wanting to try something new. The previous mouse is then passed onto work PCs or given to friends and relatives where it continues to work for years.

But yeah, the most durable once from all my observations and internet talks are Zowie and, nowadays, Vaxee (since they are ex-Zowie guys). So if the goal is a mouse that lasts for the lifetime of the build - that’s where I’d look.

And this is bad how? Not everybody has bear paws for hands. I sure as hell don't. In fact, next to my Cobra Pro, I'm waiting for Razer to make a mini version of the DA V3...but not super mini like the DA V2 was. A bummer, since I found that one ridiculously comfy. Problem was that my fingers literally swallowed it up.
It's fine that they are making a mini version of the DAV3P. It just seemed a bit disingenuous that they are not making it clear that this mouse is smaller and meanwhile they advertise a weight saving and I thought that was hilarious.

Razer really needs to step up their game and make a large sub 40g mouse.