• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Outs Ryzen 5000XT Processors for Socket AM4, an 8-year Old Socket

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Like I said
That's why
I'm still hearing zero reasons as to why AMD's slides aren't misleading and a net negative to their image.

It's, all their other videos do this, nobody cares, singling me out on one platform, HUB are xyz, seems like deflections, platitudes and anything but directly acknowledging the issue and leaving it at that.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
People like it when youtubers roast intel and nvidia. Not my words, lots of content creators have said it themselves. When they roast amd - people have had to delete their reddit threads because they were getting down voted into oblivion, death threats, have been called names non stop in the comment section. To the point that they have to hide all the troubles they are getting with amd hardware. Again, not my words, lots of big content creators have said this.

That's why you see so much pro amd content. It sells.
Divisive content sells, no matter who you roast. That's why I think twice before I give an "AMD/Intel/Nvidia sucks" video any credit, regardless of who it's coming from.

I'm still hearing zero reasons as to why AMD's slides aren't misleading and a net negative to their image.

It's, all their other videos do this, nobody cares, singling me out on one platform, HUB are xyz, seems like deflections, platitudes and anything but directly acknowledging the issue and leaving it at that.
I've acknowledged the issue - what I don't acknowledge is the importance you attribute to it. It's nothing, blown up by a few Youtube sensationalists. The CPUs are the CPUs that they are. No slide can change that.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
I've acknowledged the issue - what I don't acknowledge is the importance you attribute to it. It's nothing, blown up by a few Youtube sensationalists. The CPUs are the CPUs that they are. No slide can change that.
Well you barely have, and from my perspective, after a strained 'acknowledgement' you've sought to excuse or diminish it in some fahsion, rather than condemn the action as harmful to anyone that consumes it, leaving it at that, and not actively seek other ways to downplay it or attack anyone's genuine reaction to it.

I feel the way I feel about it, are you going to continue to tell me I shouldn't?

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%

I'm not saying AMD's slides aren't misleading. Of course they are.

I'm giving them a pass cause usually their CPU marketing is pretty spot on, it's the GPU department that usually drops the ball. HARD.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
I'm not saying AMD's slides aren't misleading. Of course they are.

I'm giving them a pass cause usually their CPU marketing is pretty spot on, it's the GPU department that usually drops the ball. HARD.
Well that's something, but imo nobody deserves a pass, ever really. Prior (perceived) standing doesn't counteract wrongdoing.

Calling them out is what makes them do better, they improve, they learn it won't stand. Giving them a pass teaches the opposite.

It's more likely that anyone with an AM4 will have a 6600 class GPU when upgrading to another AM4 chip this late in it's lifecycle, in that sense the results are not misleading nor are they "not" inexcusable! Showing their chips in ultra positive light for edge cases ~ that's wrong IMO albeit maybe on technicality.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
It's more likely that anyone with an AM4 will have a 6600 class GPU when upgrading to another AM4 chip this late in it's lifecycle, in that sense the results are not misleading nor are they "not" inexcusable! Showing their chips in ultra positive light for edge cases ~ that's wrong IMO albeit maybe on technicality.
Testing a CPU in a situation where it bears little to no factor on how the benchmark goes at all, isn't misleading?

In the same situation, an i3 12100 is the same 'performance' as a 7800X3D. Yet we know there's a colossal divide in CPU performance between the two.

Showing a CPU benchmark / promo material when the test isn't a CPU test at all, is misleading, and I can not be convinced otherwise.

When the target market is likely to have (low) level GPU, then no not 100% although it would've been better if they added other similar GPU's in the mix as well. But they did have an agenda & they kinda delivered on it. I know for a fact that I can't find new reviews on lower/mid range parts with old/previous gen CPU or GPU, I'm on AM4 & for me that's a relevant data point same goes for at least a million other AM4 users.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
When the target market is likely to have (low) level GPU, then no not 100% although it would've been better if they added other similar GPU's in the mix as well. But they did have an agenda & they kinda delivered on it. I know for a fact that I can't find new reviews on lower/mid range parts with old/previous gen CPU or GPU, I'm on AM4 & for me that's a relevant data point same goes for at least a million other AM4 users.
All of this reads like excuses, excuses for a company publishing a CPU benchmark, a CPU benchmark that took the CPU out of the equation entirely.

How does that help anyone make an informed choice as to a potential upgrade? If they did so based on this, they thoroughly got mislead as to the gaming potential of that CPU.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well you barely have, and from my perspective, after a strained 'acknowledgement' you've sought to excuse or diminish it in some fahsion, rather than condemn the action as harmful to anyone that consumes it, leaving it at that, and not actively seek other ways to downplay it or attack anyone's genuine reaction to it.

I feel the way I feel about it, are you going to continue to tell me I shouldn't?
I'm not diminishing an issue. I'm stating that nobody cares about the marketing slides except for a few Youtube sensationalists looking to make a quick buck, and their follower keyboard warriors.

If you think it's an issue, that's your choice. You feel about it however you want to, and so do I. Let's leave it at that, shall we? :)

Edit: Out of the quadrillions of people complaining (I only see you so far), show me one who has any intention of buying any of these CPUs and was misled by the marketing slides.

Last edited:
If & that's a big if, I doubt anyone buying "new" CPU's looks at the brand's marketing materials as be all & end all in their decisions nor should they! To that end if you are gullible enough to just rely on some billion dollar company's word then sure burn AMD at the proverbial stake.

If they did so based on this, they thoroughly got mislead as to the gaming potential of that CPU.
And "if" they had the same GPU with no plans of an immediate upgrade then?

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
If & that's a big if, I doubt anyone buying "new" CPU's looks at the brand's marketing materials as be all & end all in their decisions nor should they! To that end if you are gullible enough to just rely on some billion dollar company's word then sure burn AMD at the proverbial stake.
You can doubt it all you want, clearly it's happening, and actively trying to be diminished by you and users like you. To what end, I dunno.
And "if" they had the same GPU with no plans of an immediate upgrade then?
Were they still not mislead as to the outright gaming performance of this CPU?

Did they invesitage the small print, the one not included in these slides and this article at all? Unlikely, based on what you're saying, all the more reason to have informed users bring it to light.

The benchmarks misrepresent the true gaming performance of the CPUs, you're 'but what if' arguments don't alter that at all.

Like I said unless the results are wrong it's not 100% misleading, next you'll tell me what if the user had 4000MHz working on their system & they had to downgrade to "3600MHz" with this new chip? We can do a gazillions what ifs but it's till a valid data point, so long a the results are accurate.
The benchmarks misrepresent the true gaming performance of the CPUs, you're 'but what if' arguments don't alter that at all.
The gaming performance depends not just on your CPU or "GPU" surely someone as knowledgeable as you must know that? People in the real world dial down settings/IQ to run games at playable frame rates & the vast majority are still on 1080p, not everyone does 8k 240fps like on TPU :rolleyes:

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
When the target market has a 6600 then show me how much faster your 5900xt is over the 3700x that they might have. Probably not any faster at all, that's why they didn't do that.

I'm not diminishing an issue. I'm stating that nobody cares about the marketing slides except for a few Youtube sensationalists looking to make a quick buck, and their follower keyboard warriors.

If you think it's an issue, that's your choice. You feel about it however you want to, and so do I. Let's leave it at that, shall we? :)

Edit: Out of the quadrillions of people complaining (I only see you so far), show me one who has any intention of buying any of these CPUs and was misled by the marketing slides.
Now that doesn't make sense. If you are saying NOBODY will look at the graphs and buy accordingly, why do they even exist? Obviously someone is gonna buy based on those else amd wouldn't even make them

Software Windows 10 Pro
Now that doesn't make sense. If you are saying NOBODY will look at the graphs and buy accordingly, why do they even exist? Obviously someone is gonna buy based on those else amd wouldn't even make them
For tech sites and tech enthusiasts, who coincidentally, already know that the presented data is meaningless. That's why it's a non-issue.

Are you implying that Regular Joe walking into a Microcenter will look at AMD's marketing presentation before buying a CPU? I highly doubt it.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
For tech sites and tech enthusiasts, who coincidentally, already know that the presented data is meaningless. That's why it's a non-issue.

Are you implying that Regular Joe walking into a Microcenter will look at AMD's marketing presentation before buying a CPU? I highly doubt it.
I'm saying someone will see amds marketing presentation, that's why they bother doing it right?

Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm saying someone will see amds marketing presentation, that's why they bother doing it right?
And who's going to consider buying these CPUs purely based on these slides? No one.

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
It is interesting that some people have formed a firm opinion on these CPUs, even though we have not had any context provided. At the end of the day (as I have said before) this is just more choices for the consumer. If you don't want to get it, there are other choices on the market. I also love the comments about AMD GPUs being so weak that the latest 7900XTX review shows how good AMD cards are at price/performance.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
It is interesting that some people have formed a firm opinion on these CPUs, even though we have not had any context provided. At the end of the day (as I have said before) this is just more choices for the consumer. If you don't want to get it, there are other choices on the market. I also love the comments about AMD GPUs being so weak that the latest 7900XTX review shows how good AMD cards are at price/performance.
Yeah, the GPU department is amd's strong point, you can tell by the market share going up and up, lol :roll:

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
Yeah, the GPU department is amd's strong point, you can tell by the market share going up and up, lol :roll:
Yep and then you look at pricing and laugh. Used 3080s are now $300

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I don't even care about the slides. I just want a cheap 16 core that I can overclock to roughly the same levels that I am used to with my 12 core.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
I don't even care about the slides. I just want a cheap 16 core that I can overclock to roughly the same levels that I am used to with my 12 core.
Maybe it is refined and can do 5 Ghz on all cores too. We will see.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Maybe it is refined and can do 5 Ghz on all cores too. We will see.
This is my first run 5900X, 4 years old beaten and battered.. she loves it still.

Untitled.jpg

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Edit: Out of the quadrillions of people complaining (I only see you so far), show me one who has any intention of buying any of these CPUs and was misled by the marketing slides
I have 3 AM4 boards with varying CPUs on them, one is a ryzen 1700 and could benefit from an upgrade, these slides appeared to suggest these new products are a match for 13th gen which occurred to me as an interesting proposition until I looked into it further and found it absolutely wasn't the case. So personally, AMD tried to mislead me, and for those less savvy, it's well worth making a point that the slides are misleading.

Of course you'll only see me complaining if you ignore all the others, and use just this thread as your single source of evidence, that's not really news. Maybe try other forums and social media? I already mentioned a regular person is who asked and put it on HUB'S radar to even make content about. I doubt you will because you're happy to stick to the narrative you've chosen where you think I'm the only one calling AMD out for this shitty business practise, without trying to find other ways to excuse, diminish or minimise it.

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
Lol, that gaming benchmark is pretty nitpicked and misleading just like 3900x being as fast as 9900k back then according to their slides. 13700k is demolishing a 5950X in the majority of games, it is a generational difference. Pathetic. 13700k is even 10% faster than 5800x3D. AMD pulled an Nvidia and Intel marketing.