• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Outs Ryzen 5000XT Processors for Socket AM4, an 8-year Old Socket

I do not take advice from any of them. Hope you guys don't either :)
Let's be fair, some are worth listening to and watching. There's a long list of Youtubers worth watching.

JegsTV for example is someone who shows his work and all of his video's have merit because he doesn't jerk things around. Top notch TechTuber!
CraftComputing is another. And yes, as always, he's Jeff. Not Harold or Kumar...
Dare I say JayzTwoCents as well?

I could keep going, but you're not wrong either. Some of them are just trash. Austin Evans, LTT, HWUB and The Verge are stand-out garbage channels and they're far from alone.

Have i seen that correctly? The 5900XT is a 16 Core-CPU instead of a (like a 5900X) 12 Core CPU?
Yup, you saw that right. The 5900XT is a lower base clocked, lower turbo clocked version of the 5950X.

:rolleyes::shadedshu::kookoo:

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have 3 AM4 boards with varying CPUs on them, one is a ryzen 1700 and could benefit from an upgrade, these slides appeared to suggest these new products are a match for 13th gen which occurred to me as an interesting proposition until I looked into it further and found it absolutely wasn't the case. So personally, AMD tried to mislead me, and for those less savvy, it's well worth making a point that the slides are misleading.

Of course you'll only see me complaining if you ignore all the others, and use just this thread as your single source of evidence, that's not really news. Maybe try other forums and social media? I already mentioned a regular person is who asked and put it on HUB'S radar to even make content about. I doubt you will because you're happy to stick to the narrative you've chosen where you think I'm the only one calling AMD out for this shitty business practise, without trying to find other ways to excuse, diminish or minimise it.
If you buy a product based on the result of one single test performed by the same company making the product, then you're an idiot. Simple as that. Don't tell me that TV adverts that claim X washing powder is three times better than the competition aren't utter bullshit. Every single company tries to catch people's attention by stupid data that doesn't make any sense. Every one of them. I don't see this situation being different.

Let's not even mention social media. People only go there if they want to show off their perfect vacations paid on finance, or if they're angry about something, which seems to be all the damn time these days.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
don't see this situation being different.
I do, we're used to seeing slides from the big 3, and yet usually they're just cherry picked best case scenarios but the testing methodology itself isn't outright flawed and a significant departure from what we are used to seeing. This is.
Let's not even mention social media
That's you're choice, but you can't deny that others are also complaining about this if you refuse to acknowledge its happening anywhere other than here, I'm not talking about Facebook BTW. Doesn't matter, you won't accept it anyway I suppose.

The lengths people will go to defend their favourite billion dollar company for free, and tbh, I'm seeing a strong correlation to the narcissists prayer here.

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
I do, we're used to seeing slides from the big 3, and yet usually they're just cherry picked best case scenarios but the testing methodology itself isn't outright flawed and a significant departure from what we are used to seeing. This is.
Yeah, right...

1.jpg

2.PNG

3.jpg

Edit: I'm trying to find marketing slides from AMD's RX 400-500 era, some of which were also utter crap.

I don't want to bring up more examples, but there's plenty from all companies. The point is: marketing is always based on flawed data and bullshit.

That's you're choice, but you can't deny that others are also complaining about this if you refuse to acknowledge its happening anywhere other than here, I'm not talking about Facebook BTW. Doesn't matter, you won't accept it anyway I suppose.
Social media is the cesspool of humanity. Whatever happens there is always taken out of proportion. And I'm not only talking about Facebook, either.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Yeah, right...

1.jpg
Yeah! right!

I'm not usually one to entertain whataboutism, but because your example is flawed when trying to use this one in particular to ...I dunno.. shoot me down?

And even if your points were absolutely bulletproof, all the more reason to blast those slides, when they drop and the news post is about them. Let them know it's not ok.

1719150200068.png

1719150130150.png

Done, up to 2x confirmed, it did the thing. Also, look at the graph carefully, yes the text says "up to 2x", but you might just notice the actual plotted points on the graph are about spot on for overall relative performance.

1719150941997.png

I remember that claim also being SHREDDED due to it not always being the case, being only so under ideal conditions, and power to those people and feeling mislead by them, call it out and ask for better. And, well at least those ideal conditions still tested a GPU against a GPU in a GPU limited test scenario. Not a CPU against a CPU in a test that doesn't test the damned CPU at all, and buries the data that sheds light on it in small print on other slides.

Excellent attempt to handwave away any other account from a source you personally won't accept too, pity that personal rule of yours doesn't bear any consequence to the facts of the matter.

What's your goal here? I walk off with my tail between my legs saying "you're right, I'm annoyed about nothing, nobody is mislead by these slides" Not going to happen, and you can just drop it anytime instead of continuing to argue a point that can't and won't be conceded, believe me it's a waste of your time.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah! right!

I'm not usually one to entertain whataboutism, but because your example is flawed when trying to use this one in particular to ...I dunno.. shoot me down?

And even if your points were absolutely bulletproof, all the more reason to blast those slides, when they drop and the news post is about them. Let them know it's not ok.

View attachment 352449
View attachment 352448

Done, up to 2x confirmed, it did the thing. Also, look at the graph carefully, yes the text says "up to 2x", but you might just notice the actual plotted points on the graph are about spot on for overall relative performance.

View attachment 352450

I remember that claim also being SHREDDED due to it not always being the case, being only so under ideal conditions, and power to those people and feeling mislead by them, call it out and ask for better. And, well at least those ideal conditions still tested a GPU against a GPU in a GPU limited test scenario. Not a CPU against a CPU in a test that doesn't test the damned CPU at all, and buries the data that sheds light on it in small print on other slides.

Excellent attempt to handwave away any other account from a source you personally won't accept too, pity that personal rule of yours doesn't bear any consequence to the facts of the matter.

What's your goal here? I walk off with my tail between my legs saying "you're right, I'm annoyed about nothing, nobody is mislead by these slides" Not going to happen, and you can just drop it anytime instead of continuing to argue a point that can't and won't be conceded, believe me it's a waste of your time.
It's not whatabautism. You were the one who said that we haven't seen blunders like this in marketing slides of the past. I only showed you that we actually have. Nvidia's "up to 2x" number is just as true, and just as pointless as AMD's "R7 = i7" number in a GPU-limited scenario. Neither company lied, but both took such a slim slice of the truth that made the info completely useless, and potentially misleading if you only look at marketing slides and nothing else before buying... which, again, you shouldn't do, and probably no one will ever do anyway. Tech enthusiasts know better than to trust hand-picked data, and regular Joes will never even look at the slides anyway.

Marketing is always based on bullshit. Anno 2024, this should be common knowledge. This is all I had to say. If you want to continue being angry about it, suit yourself, but leave me out of it. I've got bigger fish to fry than a few bullshit marketing slides about a product that 99% of people aren't interested in anyway.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Case Coolermaster NR200P
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
It's not whatabautism. just as true, and just as pointles
Disagree, disagree and disagree. This blunder is far worse and markedly different. Stop trying to convince me otherwise.
If you want to continue being angry about it, suit yourself, but leave me out of it
You can stop replying to me anytime. I was fine with what I originally posted about it, and probably wouldn't have given it much more thought at all, until the defence force came out of the woodwork to challenge me on it. I explained, and you still can't resist trying to downplay and invalidate it ad nauseam, feel free to just.. not?

Software Windows 10 Pro
Disagree, disagree and disagree. This blunder is far worse and markedly different. Stop trying to convince me otherwise.

You can stop replying to me anytime. I was fine with what I originally posted about it, and probably wouldn't have given it much more thought at all, until the defence force came out of the woodwork to challenge me on it. I explained, and you still can't resist trying to downplay and invalidate it ad nauseam, feel free to just.. not?
Sure, you think and feel what you want, and so do I. Peace! :toast: