• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Confirms Retreat from the Enthusiast GPU Segment, to Focus on Gaining Market-Share

System Name Kincsem
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 9950X
Motherboard ASUS ProArt X870E-CREATOR WIFI
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 5
Memory Kingston Fury KF560C32RSK2-96 (2×48GB 6GHz)
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD RX 7900 XT Pulse
Storage Samsung 970PRO 500GB + Samsung 980PRO 2TB + FURY Renegade 2TB+ Adata 2TB + WD Ultrastar HC550 16TB
Display(s) Acer QHD 27"@144Hz 1ms + UHD 27"@60Hz
Case Cooler Master CM 690 III
Power Supply Seasonic 1300W 80+ Gold Prime
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Elite RGB
Software Windows 10-64
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/ilvewh https://valid.x86.fr/4d8n02 X570 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/g46uc
Swapped the PSU for a better brand and never had any issues.
How do you upgrade to a better brand from a Seasonic :D
Also would repeat, that with the 24.8.1 driver were really bad while the 24.6.1 is much better, it is a software issue.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I dont like AMD because so toxic fanbase..
Full of insults and butthurt ppls.

i just hope there is no AMD at all, All amd fans need to buy Nvidia or intel its like dream comes true
AMD fanbase toxic? Umm NOPE

If you do your due diligence, you will realize that all 3 AMD, Intel & Nvidia have fanboys, some toxic and some not. The many prefer certain brands while others prefer all 3 based on Price/Performance.

If you ventured onto other sites like w c c F t e c h for example, Nvidia and Intel owners are highly toxic & wish AMD go bankrupt so that Nvidia & Intel would be the only choice. They themselves admit if that ever happens, the prices for CPUs and GPUs would be much more expensive.

Developing for the high-end didn't work with RDNA 3, so spending huge amounts on failing again would make little sense. People only want a high-end AMD card to bring Nvidia's prices down so they can keep buying from the green team. Spending less on R&D and manufacturing smaller chips with better margins in the field that's more profitable makes total sense, imo. It doesn't lead to a monopoly, quite the contrary. Spending less, and maximising income in the midrange could be a good strategy to increase market share. Sure, the high-end will suffer, but it has for the last I don't know how many years, so who cares?

Edit: This is similar to a driver in any motorsport running low on fuel just before the end of the race. As the strategist, you're not gonna ask him to go full blast and risk having to pit before the end of the race while half of the lineup drives past him. No, you're gonna ask him to start saving fuel without losing too many positions. You may lose the podium, but there's no reason to lose the entire race as well.
The only main thing that differentiates AMD with Nvidia regarding high end GPUs (Which are close to each other in performance) is Ray Tracing. That's it. If it wasn't for Nvidia's RT, they wouldn't be viewed as the top dog.

Today they are viewed as offering the WORST Price/Performance/Watt/FPS on the planet.

As mentioned by another poster, waffers are expensive and since no matter what they offer, people keep buying Ngreedia, then they are approaching the tier which might given them more returns.

Given how stupid the current devotion to everything Ngreedia these past years, those people will still buy Ngreedia, hence they wont need a price cut. Example, 7900xtx are as good as 4080’s, but cheaper, yet everyone is buying …4080s.

Yes, the RT bs, dlss lockin, etc, but ignore those and you have a good gpu thats ignored.

See my responses above.

Example, I got a 7900xtx for around 800 and 2 pack in games worth 170, so around 600+ plus, yet very few bothered in buying them, instead went with 4080s and even 4070s.

The worst thing is that 99.9% of the YouTube influencers dont even mention, less show any AMD gpus on their videos.

So potential buyers are not even aware that they have an option.
One way AMD can get ahead of this image is surprising the PC gaming industry by an "Unexpected High End" surprise launch at an affordable price. But still priced strategically for AMD to make a profit.

This of course would force Nvidia to drop it's prices & also upset Nvidia owners for overpaying too.

System Name GameStation
Processor AMD R5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550
Cooling Artic Freezer II 120
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900 XTX
Storage 2 TB SSD
Case Cooler Master Elite 120
I don't think we have the motherboards for multi GPU solutions any more. 15 years ago we where getting $75 motherboards with 2-3-4 PCIe x16 slots that where working at least as x8 each slot, connected to the North Bridge. Today we get ONE PCIe X16 connected to the CPU and probably one more that is in fact working as x4 connected to the chipset at the happy price of $150+.
Not to mention, the monster sized gpus we now have might not even fit of a regular sized mobo and/or case. :)
I didn't mention these things to start talking about the past. But in any case, I said what I said. Nvidia bought Ageia with PhysX and all other IPs, so why would they have left it to rot instead of developing for it? Is using IP that you legally own anti-competitive? Should they have spent extra resource to make sure it runs equally well on AMD? Why would they have? If you gain some advantage in a race, should you give it up on purpose because... Reasons? Like I said, be reasonable, please.
Again, they can do whatever they want, I simply wont support such actions that end up limiting my options.
Example, the Arkham games are only playable with all eye candy if you have a Ngreedia gpu due to Rocksteady using PhyX because they signed for the “Way its mean to be played” dev program.
So those games would “force” me keep buying Ngreedia gpus at whatever prices they want because I simply dont have any options, if I want to see all the eye candy. The good thing is, eye candy doesn't really add much to gameplay (in this type of scenario) so I’m not entirely locked in.

Funny and lucky enough for me, I feel the same way about RT.
Also would repeat, that with the 24.8.1 driver were really bad while the 24.6.1 is much better, it is a software issue.
Damn, got me there. :D
Have you tried testing under Linux? Assuming its not one of those games that doesn’t run due to anti cheat tech.
If you have a spare external usb drive, try ChimeraOS, so you dont need to remove tour current OS.

Yeah I have read this article where they are merging teams.

Yeah, AMD split off some % of their RDNA team to work on CDNA for the Instinct AI/ML/HPC product line. That was a while ago (don't know exactly when). Seems likely that once RDNA5 is done, the teams will be completely merged into a new UDNA development team. Since Instinct GPUs are chiplets already, it would seem that consumer GPUs would be based off one or more of those chiplets. Interesting times.

System Name Kincsem
Storage Samsung 970PRO 500GB + Samsung 980PRO 2TB + FURY Renegade 2TB+ Adata 2TB + WD Ultrastar HC550 16TB
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 10-64
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/ilvewh https://valid.x86.fr/4d8n02 X570 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/g46uc
Yeah, AMD split off some % of their RDNA team to work on CDNA for the Instinct AI/ML/HPC product line. That was a while ago (don't know exactly when). Seems likely that once RDNA5 is done, the teams will be completely merged into a new UDNA development team. Since Instinct GPUs are chiplets already, it would seem that consumer GPUs would be based off one or more of those chiplets. Interesting times.
Interesting times? Heh...

HOW in the hell of a company who is supposed to be a high, premier corporation ONLY made a NET profit of 32+ million last quarter after a tax write off from the government?

The Fall of AMD is when DR. Su decided to imitate Ngreedia 5 years ago by segmenting their market with more or less casts off of chips that did not meet quality control or just make sub par video cards to fit into a certain cash value.

It started with the 5000 series and has gone worse from there.

Come the !@#$ on. A 7800XT barely beats a 6800XT in performance?? Yay for Chiplets! it will solve eveerything!!! EXCEPT LATENCY.

This Dumb @$$ed mindset to copy Ngreedia marketing tatics was it's downfall.

They pissed off a lot of people not only with their sup par per performance/value, they got greedy.

DOUBLE the price (at times) for 6000 series of mother boards over the 5000 series

And I'm going to give you people another warning.

EXPECT the new motherboards to be expensive for what you are getting. The AMD tax WILL be enforced because they put themselves into a corner, business wise.

This is all BAD management. This is how large coporations go bankrupt. By alienating their customer base
Which they did. THIS is ALL DR. Lisa Su's fault. And SHE and HER management get their act together soon.

Back to the Video comment. I never thought AMD should have gone 1-1 against Ngreedia in power and performance.

They should have stuck with the formula of Getting close to Ngreedias performance with a good price so they can get more profit by quanity than this nonsense they are in now.

System Name GameStation
Processor AMD R5 5600X
Memory 16 GB
Storage 2 TB SSD
Last edited:

Monkee

Deprioritizing flagship gaming GPUs in favor of gaining market share may ultimately be a detrimental strategy for AMD. First, by stepping back from the high-end segment, AMD risks losing its brand prestige and technological leadership in the highly competitive gaming market, which can have long-term effects on consumer perception and loyalty. High-end GPUs often serve as a benchmark for performance and innovation; without a strong presence in this space, AMD may struggle to attract enthusiasts and developers who push technological boundaries. Additionally, flagship products can drive profitability—premium prices yield higher margins, which help fund research and development for future innovations. Furthermore, if AMD solely focuses on mid-range products, it could leave the door open for Nvidia to consolidate their dominance in the high-end sector, ultimately stifling AMD’s potential for disruptive breakthroughs and long-term growth in the overall market. In essence, neglecting flagship offerings could undermine AMD's ability to compete effectively across all segments and may limit its potential for enduring success.

First, by stepping back from the high-end segment, AMD risks losing its brand prestige
Most people don't realize this but their "prestige" is nowhere to be found. Ask managers at bigger OEM companies why they don't build more PCs and notebooks with Radeon GPUs.
AMD alone won't be able to reach 20% market share not to mention 40% because it's not up to them but to Nvidia. If Nv makes a big mistake then maybe.
This is not about an awesome 4090 beater GPU or a $200 card with 7800 XT performance. This is not about Lisa Su or chiplets or the naming scheme or the techtubers.
On a worldwide scale this is about brand recognition and trust.
OEMs build machines with NV GPUs because NVidia is recognizable and is trusted.
AMD is not. That simple.
Lot of people think that their little bubble consisting the enthusiast space with these kind of forums and youtube channels can move the needle in the grand scheme of things.
They're wrong.
This guy called Jack Huynh is just spreading bs, he is a marketing guy, what he says is just plain bs and one of his interviews (about UDNA) contradicts the other interview (about RDNA4). Just think about it for a minute and you will realize. Let's just say that with exceptionally good price/performance cards (and price wars) against NVidia AMD never won any market share but made a sizeable profit loss.

Monkee

Most people don't realize this but their "prestige" is nowhere to be found. Ask managers at bigger OEM companies why they don't build more PCs and notebooks with Radeon GPUs.
AMD alone won't be able to reach 20% market share not to mention 40% because it's not up to them but to Nvidia. If Nv makes a big mistake then maybe.
This is not about an awesome 4090 beater GPU or a $200 card with 7800 XT performance. This is not about Lisa Su or chiplets or the naming scheme or the techtubers.
On a worldwide scale this is about brand recognition and trust.
OEMs build machines with NV GPUs because NVidia is recognizable and is trusted.
AMD is not. That simple.
Lot of people think that their little bubble consisting the enthusiast space with these kind of forums and youtube channels can move the needle in the grand scheme of things.
They're wrong.
This guy called Jack Huynh is just spreading bs, he is a marketing guy, what he says is just plain bs and one of his interviews (about UDNA) contradicts the other interview (about RDNA4). Just think about it for a minute and you will realize. Let's just say that with exceptionally good price/performance cards (and price wars) against NVidia AMD never won any market share but made a sizeable profit loss.
The argument that AMD's "prestige" is nonexistent and that it cannot gain significant market share underestimates the fluidity of brand perception and the evolving landscape of consumer preferences. While it's true that Nvidia has a strong foothold in the OEM space, market dynamics are influenced by far more than just brand recognition; they include performance, pricing, and the ability to innovate. AMD has successfully disrupted markets in the past by providing competitive alternatives and has made strides in both CPU and GPU technology, as exemplified by their recent gains in the gaming and professional markets. Furthermore, consumer behavior is changing; more users are prioritizing cost-effectiveness and performance over brand loyalty, especially as they seek value in economically challenging times. Criticizing Jack Huynh without acknowledging his insights renders the discussion superficial—it’s essential to consider a variety of perspectives rather than dismissing them outright. Lastly, to claim that price wars and strong performance haven't helped AMD gain some market traction ignores recent trends showing growing interest in alternatives to Nvidia, which suggests that the potential for AMD to expand its share is very much alive.

System Name Blytzen
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Taichi Lite
Cooling Deepcool LS520 (240mm)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Dragon (16 gig)
Storage 2TB Crucial P5 Plus SSD, 80TB spinning rust in a NAS
Display(s) MSI MPG321URX QD-OLED (32", 4k, 240hz), Samsung 32" 4k
Case Coolermaster HAF 500
Audio Device(s) Logitech G733 and a Z5500 running in a 2.1 config (I yeeted the mid and 2 satellites)
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G502X lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL tactile
Benchmark Scores Squats and calf raises
I dont like AMD because so toxic fanbase..
Full of insults and butthurt ppls.

i just hope there is no AMD at all, All amd fans need to buy Nvidia or intel its like dream comes true
That's like saying you don't support a specific sport team because some supporters are dropkicks, or I wont drive a BMW because someone cut me off in traffic one day in one. Hate the supports, don't hate the brand.

You realise if there is a monopoly the stagnation we saw in the intel 14++++ era will stall out performance progression, so your 6090/7090/8090 is likely to be a few percent faster instead of 10-30% leaps common between generations.

With respect to the CPU side of things, AMD are making Intel work for their money right now in most sectors of the market, and as consumers at every level we need that.

edit - I REALLY don't want a monopoly in the gpu market, I don't want to be waiting until the mid 2030's to be gaming at high refresh at 4k with modern titles.

I'm sure my perspective is not unique, but it might come across as a bit privileged and for that I apologise.

I am a keen gamer and technology enthusiast. My household is dual income, I have no kids, live frugally and have worked up to a 6 figure salary in my 40's.

A large portion of my disposable income after costs, investments and general savings goes into computer gear. I buy approximately every second generation but I want a "WOW" experience when I upgrade so that tends to be flagship products.

I get that AMD want to own the mid-range, which is an admirable goal, they need to offer the best value in that range in order to do so.
Colour me skeptical, but if they *could* scale up RDNA4 to make a flagship which tends to have a higher margin, why wouldn't they?

I guess I'll keep buying AMD CPU's and Nvidia GPU's.

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Again, they can do whatever they want, I simply wont support such actions that end up limiting my options.
Example, the Arkham games are only playable with all eye candy if you have a Ngreedia gpu due to Rocksteady using PhyX because they signed for the “Way its mean to be played” dev program.
So those games would “force” me keep buying Ngreedia gpus at whatever prices they want because I simply dont have any options, if I want to see all the eye candy. The good thing is, eye candy doesn't really add much to gameplay (in this type of scenario) so I’m not entirely locked in.
That's fine, and I agree, I won't pay a penny more for "features" if the performance isn't there to justify the price. That's why I'm on AMD now, and probably will be for the foreseeable future. But that doesn't mean that I'm an AMD fan, or that I hate Nvidia. I have no ties to either company, so looking at issues separately, and judging things by their own merits, basically being impartial and as logical as possible with a cool head is something I try my best to live by. At the end of the day, neither company is my friend, they're both in for the profit. They need no defense.

Colour me skeptical, but if they *could* scale up RDNA4 to make a flagship which tends to have a higher margin, why wouldn't they?
It costs extra R&D money, and wafer allocation at TSMC, not to mention larger chips have worse yields. In short, such a move comes with costs that may not be returned. The midrange is a much more profitable area due to the much higher number of buyers and the lesser cost of smaller chips with better yields.

Your question is like asking if I had the money to buy a Porsche, why wouldn't I? Buying is fine, but you have to fuel it, maintain it, insure it, not to mention I'd still only use it to drive from A to B. That's a lot of cash spent on nothing (cash that I can't afford to lose).

It costs extra R&D money, and wafer allocation at TSMC, not to mention larger chips have worse yields. In short, such a move comes with costs that may not be returned. The midrange is a much more profitable area due to the much higher number of buyers and the lesser cost of smaller chips with better yields.

Your question is like asking if I had the money to buy a Porsche, why wouldn't I? Buying is fine, but you have to fuel it, maintain it, insure it, not to mention I'd still only use it to drive from A to B. That's a lot of cash spent on nothing (cash that I can't afford to lose).

Fair point. I'm sure AMD have done a cost/benefit analysis.

The argument that AMD's "prestige" is nonexistent and that it cannot gain significant market share underestimates the fluidity of brand perception and the evolving landscape of consumer preferences. While it's true that Nvidia has a strong foothold in the OEM space, market dynamics are influenced by far more than just brand recognition; they include performance, pricing, and the ability to innovate. AMD has successfully disrupted markets in the past by providing competitive alternatives and has made strides in both CPU and GPU technology, as exemplified by their recent gains in the gaming and professional markets. Furthermore, consumer behavior is changing; more users are prioritizing cost-effectiveness and performance over brand loyalty, especially as they seek value in economically challenging times. Criticizing Jack Huynh without acknowledging his insights renders the discussion superficial—it’s essential to consider a variety of perspectives rather than dismissing them outright. Lastly, to claim that price wars and strong performance haven't helped AMD gain some market traction ignores recent trends showing growing interest in alternatives to Nvidia, which suggests that the potential for AMD to expand its share is very much alive.
Originally I didn't answer to you but just happened to quote your answer. :)
So it's hard to answer to this because you speak in conditional mode and you imply things but you don't say anything tangible with proof. :)
Brand recognition AND trust - I said.
price: if $25-50 here and there would count that much then AMD would be the king but they're not. Because they're always cheaper in the same price bracket. Just ask RTX 3050 owners why didn't they buy an RX 6600 instead.
performance: hmm. They haven't been able to make a flagship product for more than a decade.
innovation: as far as I can tell AMD is always the second when it comes to GPU tech, at least in the realm of known tech. NV leads, AMD copies and follows.

Can you tell us about with what did they disrupt the market which had a long lasting effect forcing NVidia to follow them for once?
cost-effectiveness: about 10% of the population buy cost-effective GPUs (if you imply that AMD is the cost effective solution), that's their market share.

I don't know Jack Huynh that's true, I don't know where did he come from and when because I never heard of him before, he must be very shy (edit I see he is one year old at AMD) because I've never heard him talk before.
But I didn't criticize him but what he said. And what he said is bs because racing to the bottom price wars never helped AMD and it seems people already forgot this. They maybe "gained some market traction" but they lost money by doing that and they also lost the traction they gained a couple of months later.

Last edited:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 4080 RTX SUPER FE 16G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO, 2TB SN850X, 2TB DC P4600, 1TB 860 EVO, 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-9
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
OMG PLEASE MSAA COME BACK AS SGSSAA.
Between the fuing DLSS and the horrible TAA and unreal engine 5: get less for more... Is there any sharp game left?
I still wonder why there didnt work on AI based SSAA/MSAA, well I know the answer but, please.
Sadly probably not, the fact TAA is so widespread whilst being garbage lets us know the developers dont care enough to put a decent AA in their games anymore. :(

Maybe some more JRPG ports get it if Durante gets the work, but other then that I think its done on new engines. :(

Old games with SGSSAA look so amazing, often better than games praised in the last couple of years. Luckily I am addicted to replaying old games again and again so continue to experience it.

The new game is already on my wish list, sadly pretty expensive, £120 with all DLC. No discount since the launch.

System Name GameStation
Processor AMD R5 5600X
Memory 16 GB
Storage 2 TB SSD
But that doesn't mean that I'm an AMD fan, or that I hate Nvidia.
I am an AMD fan because I hate them the least compared to how much I hate Intel and Ngreedia. :)
so looking at issues separately, and judging things by their own merits, basically being impartial and as logical as possible with a cool head is something I try my best to live by.
Agreed and good rules to live by, but in my particular case, Intel and Ngreedia anticonsumer actions affected me to the point that I will go out of my way to make sure they dont see a penny from me.
At the end of the day, neither company is my friend, they're both in for the profit. They need no defense.
100% correct there. As mentioned, AMD so far has been the less evil and providing correct info about them doesnt hurt. In the end, we consumers, should be helping each others with correct info.
It costs extra R&D money, and wafer allocation at TSMC, not to mention larger chips have worse yields. In short, such a move comes with costs that may not be returned.
I recall reading that this was the main reason why RDN4 halo/high end was dropped.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6750XT Reference Design
Storage 2.5 TB 2.5" SSD / 3 TB HDD
Display(s) ASUS 27" 165HZ VG27WQ / Vertical 16/10 iiyama 25" 75Hz ProLite XUB2595WSU-B1
Case be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB
Audio Device(s) PSB Alpha P3 / LOXJIE A30 Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA
Mouse Cooler master MM720
Keyboard Roccat horde
VR HMD Oculus Rift S (please Valve, release a new headset)
Software Windows 10
OMG PLEASE MSAA COME BACK AS SGSSAA.
Between the fuing DLSS and the horrible TAA and unreal engine 5: get less for more... Is there any sharp game left?
I still wonder why there didnt work on AI based SSAA/MSAA, well I know the answer but, please.
I'm using SSAA 4x on War Thunder and it's really great. My power consumption goes from 90 to 170-180 watts on my 6750XT but it's way better than HQ FXAA or TAA (the only other two AA options) so I kinda accept the cost when it's not summer.

I'm kinda curious about SGSSAA, I'm gonna try to see a game with it to see how it looks.

Low quality post by Dawora

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 6000/CL30
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 360 Hz + 32" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 240 Hz + 77" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design North XL
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight + Razer Deathadder V3 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Seasonic has plenty of issues, tried their RMA several times which has been slow and just a bad experience. Corsair on the other hand, still not had any issues with over 25 different ones in my personal rigs and I only had like 10 Seasonic in comparison, with 3 RMAs. Even recieved a faulty unit back from one the those RMAs, simply DOA. Have not ordered a Seasonic unit since. They had many issues with their PRIME and FOCUS series.

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
I am an AMD fan because I hate them the least compared to how much I hate Intel and Ngreedia. :)
And thats why i hate AMD
I understand having a preference with the three companies having so vastly different approaches to gaming these days, but why so much hatred? Can't we all just enjoy gaming on whatever systems we've got? :(

System Name Kincsem
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 10-64
Seasonic has plenty of issues, tried their RMA several times which has been slow and just a bad experience. Corsair on the other hand, still not had any issues with over 25 different ones in my personal rigs and I only had like 10 Seasonic in comparison, with 3 RMAs. Even recieved a faulty unit back from one the those RMAs, simply DOA. Have not ordered a Seasonic unit since. They had many issues with their PRIME and FOCUS series.
I never had any issues with Corsair nor Seasonic :respect:

las

System Name Meh
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 6000/CL30
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 360 Hz + 32" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 240 Hz + 77" 4K/UHD QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design North XL
Audio Device(s) FiiO DAC
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight + Razer Deathadder V3 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I probably was very unlucky, no company is perfect and we all have diff experiences

I tried Corsair RMA one time tho, I broke a front on one of my older cases and they sent me a new one in a few days for free, even tho I admitted I broke it, thats insanely good service tbh.

Maybe Seasonic improved their RMA, its been a few years and I am in the EU too which usually don't help

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Same here. Although I still choose Seasonic whenever I can because of the 12-year warranty on the Prime series.

System Name GameStation
Processor AMD R5 5600X
Memory 16 GB
Storage 2 TB SSD
Weirdly enough, never used a Seasonic, but reviews and word of mouth place them in high regards but in my case with the “faulty” 6900xt I had, switching to a Corsair psu fixed my stability issue.

I understand having a preference with the three companies having so vastly different approaches to gaming these days, but why so much hatred? Can't we all just enjoy gaming on whatever systems we've got? :(
Some companies, like people can get you to the point that hating them is a fair feeling.

Just be fair when you get to that point and in my case, almost 20 years of bad experiences qualify my feelings for those 2 companies . ;)