• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD GPG To Make and Break Partnerships With AIBs

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I have the ASUS HD4850, non reference. I bought it because of its low price and back then I THOUGHT Asus=quality. But I haven't exactly liked this card. Should have got a card with reference board. I didn't do my research back then. I wouldn't care so much if asus would stop making Ati cards. But yeah, this particular card is most probably one of the most sold asus ati cards. I believe the major problems that some users have experienced, boils down to the non-reference board with the cheaper components.

im not a fan of asus myself, i had a board that wound up being garbage, and then a few other machines ive worked on were asus based. Never will i run their parts again.

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
Well I have no use for ASUS I would love to jump on them and talk smack but I wont. I did make myself buy the HD4870 DK TOP when it was by far the lowest priced 4870 around. It was only $135.00 when the rest were 185 and up. I looked at the 3 yr warranty and really that was not bad considering most "gamers" change cards more or less in a 3yr or less span. That averages to $45 a year cost. I can live with it if it died after that. One other note on the ASUS 4870, correct me if I am wrong but from what I read ASUS was the only one for quite some time that figured the BIOS out the best. Again I am no "fan" of ASUS but they are rather large and are willing to do some homework on their own my card has always ran quiet and cooler than most with a factory OC. I wouldn't mind keeping ASUS on board with ATI even if I never buy another product of theirs. It helps push other companies to make better stuff and helps keep costs down slightly.