• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was using the "most other people" in the relative sense (as in, more than half). It also depends on one's definition of "a lot". My expectation is that less than 1% of people overclock their cards because less than 1% of people actually know how. It's not nearly as straightforward a task as overclocking a CPU and I wouldn't expect that many people would be comfortable messing with their video card's BIOS, especially knowing that it would void the warranty if the vendor ever found out. I undervolted my RX 5700 XT for mining with it but I wasn't about to touch the BIOS in my RX 6800 XT and just used it stock with the fans set to a constant 100%.

I personally agree with you that there are quite a number of people who routinely do this but I'm sure that you'd agree that they're a tiny minority. :D
Yeah, I meant "a lot of people who overclock". Not a lot of people in general. :D