• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Ryzen 9000 Series "Zen 5" Tested on Windows 11 24H2 Update, Shows Significant Performance Gains

System Name Yes
Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
My W10 is translated and my group policy is not defined. which means I won't see the optional update list. I guess.

You have to enable it too in ""gpedit.msc,
Computer Config/Win templates/Win components/Win update/Win for business/enable optional;

Then the optional update, appears under the Check for Updates button. But despite enabling group policy. I still don't see any optional anything.

And also become part of the Windows Insider program with email sign-in, unlike offline account, so there's that.

Last edited:
I'm a bit dissapointed. I read Windows 11 24H2. My windows did not update to that Version recently. Everyone claims to be using a newer windows Version which my box does not update itself to with the build in Windows 11 Pro "Windows Update Option".

It seems that Windows 11 24H2 is not obtainable without "hacks" or extra work.

I updated a few days ago. Yesterday I checked with the command "winver". I'm stuck at another version. Windows 11 Pro had here the problem, I had to upgrade the version manually, last time, around October 2023-February 2024. Could be the issue that I do not use a Microsoft Email adress for the windows login option, secure boot or TPM.

According to 20 minutes websearch yesterday, how to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro 24H2.
  • windows insider -> which most likely needs a microsoft accoutn and you are instantly loocked out or locked in with that email adress - which is bad in my point of view
  • download an ISO -> Not sure if that ISO is already available to the public -> there are different informations for that. -> still unclear if this is a safe and official iso or not.
  • different websites claim, W11 24H2 may be released in September or October. I assume year 2024.

Yes - I read it somewhere. It affects different processor "versions" and w10 and w11. It is a generic hidden performance penalty bug.

It seems to be this - I have not tested it - check before you use it: https://www.neowin.net/news/windows...ntly-boosting-amd-ryzen-90007000-performance/
or https://www.howtogeek.com/962/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/
A 1 minute Google search reveals that this performance patch was also back ported to the latest update on 23H2. 22H2 will get it soon. 24H2 is currently only being deployed to Copilot capable computers, with the rest coming later this year.