• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Short-Sellers Pwned, Lose $177.5 Million in a Day, $2.67 Billion Over the Year

Man, I wish I had bought some AMD stock back then. I could have easily doubled my money.

Yeah.
I made some phone calls to put some pennies into AMD a couple of years ago but no online service was managing it in italy.
Intel co course, NVIDIA of course but no AMD.

I am still looking for a single reason to fear Spectre, Meldown, Rytzenfall and all these other 'so called' vulnerabilities. Not seeing any "OMG, look what happened to me" stories yet. When Ryzen and Ryzen 2 were on the horizon, and during initial reviews things did look promising and I didn't see "Ooh scary scary" stories as a thread. From a stock perspective I see more reason to worry about latest market share numbers:

AMD CPU Market Share Q3 2017 = 22.3%
AMD CPU Market Share Q3 2018 = 20.5%

We saw a bump from Q1 2018 20.2 % to Q2's 20.7% ..... Kinda expected 3rd quarter to be up again, but of downward trend continues in Q4 ... with nVidia and Intel having new products on immediate horizon, not to mention the new US tariffs on electronics, I'd be conservative going forward.