• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Any other game like resident evil 1?

are you familiar with AHK (AutoHotkey) at all? after I got into using frontends I learned AHK language to write scripts that would aid in automating things like this

for ex, when I launch Tormented Souls I run a script that checks the PC's name, because I have two systems. One uses a 120Hz display, the other is only 60Hz. So if the game is launched on the system that uses the 120Hz display it will automatically switch whatever is required, in this case, going from 120Hz to 100Hz. If it were launched on the 60Hz display system, it would go to 50Hz. At exit of the game, it will automatically switch those values back. This works because I use a frontend called LaunchBox and its premium version Big Box. Using this I can tell it to automatically launch the script prior to launching the game, and in the script, checks for when the game closes in order to know when to change the refresh rate back.

perhaps a bit convoluted to get into for just a single game, but wanted to mention if there is will, there is a way! scripting!
I wasn't familiar with that specifically, but I figured there were ways to automate it to some extent.

And yeah, if it's just for one game (or perhaps two if the upcoming sequel has the same thing) then I doubt I'll go to the effort for it.