• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Vision Pro seems very dissapointing

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi II
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S Redux
Memory 4x8G Teamgroup Vulcan Z DDR4; 3600MHz @ CL18
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2X GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Storage WD_Black SN770, Leven JPS600, Toshiba DT01ACA
Display(s) Samsung ViewFinity S6
Case Fractal Design Pop Air TG
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Corsair Harpoon RGB
Keyboard Keychron C2 Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
It's hard to image that you've used both for any length of time.

The average consumer will have nothing to do with meta quest 3, has no interest in it, and if they've had the misfortune of trying one, solidified their impression that the technology, while novel at best, is simply not for them.

The average tech "I like shiny new toys" consumer did a bit better, buying them up in reasonable amounts before shoving them into various drawers.

There is no "Vision Pro-like headset", that is the thing. MQ3 is like a blackberry trying to go toe to toe with an iPhone. No non-techie is putting on a Quest and doing literally anything. What can you even do? Play beat saber? There are many apps, but they're more like a parade of tech demos. Fun for 30 minutes or so and then you don't really feel a need to revisit them. Google Earth, Title Brush, Beat Saber, whatever.

The Vision, on the other hand, suffers from an almost embarrassing lack of frivolous tech demos. There are environments, there is the Dinosaur experience, 3d and immersive movies, sure. But 90% of what I use it for is totally boring. It's like demoing someone your smart phone and saying "Dude, check this out, I can talk to anyone in the world!" In the grand scheme of things it's incredible and magical. But we're used to it and it doesn't impress anyone.

I use my Vision for the same stuff I use my iPad or phone for. Chatting, browsing the internet, consuming content, googling stuff. It's simply an incredible functional device that does all of those things better than what we mostly use today. I found myself thinking "why am I hunched over this tiny keyboard and tiny screen, bending my neck painfully, when I can pop on the Vision Pro and have a 5' screen anywhere I want, including directly above me while I'm laying on my back stretching. All of it is seamless enough for a normal person to do without being totally frustrated, and frankly Q3 has absolutely nothing that remotely compares to the experience. This will break thru the mainstream, it's a matter of time.

If you don't believe me, get one. you can return it for 14 days no questions asked.
Dude, I get it, you don't want to feel like you burnt $3500 on a device that really wasn't worth the hype or the price tag, but you have to stop embarrassing yourself like this. The more you desperately try to defend the Vision Pro and act like it's some revolutionary headset the more you come off absolutely deluded about the capabilities of any other standalone VR headset.

You can just say you like it and that it works for you and leave it at that. People will leave you alone.