• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus Prime AP201

JustBuyLianLi

Just an update for anyone interested, the Asus AP201 is a wonderful case. I appreciate TPU's review as I wouldn't have even known of its existence or considered it without said review. The case is 100x better than my previous case, the Fractal Focus G Mini, an absolutely horrible case which I've now relegated to my secondary PC.

And under the load of playing MSFS at 3840x1080, I can't even hear the fans ramp up at all in the AP201, unlike in the Fractal case where the fans would end up louder than the planes on a single 1920x1080 monitor.

I didn't do a very patient cable management job but even with low effort it was much easier to make my build at least somewhat tidy.

Only issue I had was my MSI B560M Pro motherboard doesn't have the proper connector for the USB-C connector on the front panel. Not Asus's fault, just thought it was worth mentioning. Full system specs are in my profile if you care.

PS: I love the way the side panels and front panel detach. A surprisingly solid tool-less system given the price of the case. I'm a cheap person but I would have happily paid $20 more for this case, it is far more premium than its price point.
Very nice looking. I’m considering the white version. I have a lancool ii mesh performance and the one thing I can’t stand about it is it’s too heavy and bulky should I need to take my pc to the shop to have diagnosed for potential issues.

I’m considering this case for a lightweight and more smaller form factor as my lancool ii mesh weighs around 15kg vs the 5.8kg of this case. Wondering if anyone can comment as whether the white version makes it more difficult to see the interior lighting vs the black version. Alternative I was considering was the pop air mini and focus g mini although the comments above are making me second guess the focus g mini now.