• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! System Power 10 750W

Yeah. If you personally had any influence (I suspect you may have) in directing Corsair towards a standard that's as backwards-compatible as physically possible then you have my thanks.

Not only is the modular cable compatibility good, I find the website info Corsair publish on the matter to be unambiguous, useful, and easy to find:
Had nothing to do with me. Just makes sense to only change cable types only when necessary.

Which really makes me wonder why every other Cooler Master and Thermaltake have different pinouts.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX. Water block. Crossflashed.
Storage Optane 900P[Fedora] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO+SN560 1TB(W11)
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) SMSL RAW-MDA1 DAC
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 40
Had nothing to do with me. Just makes sense to only change cable types only when necessary.

Which really makes me wonder why every other Cooler Master and Thermaltake have different pinouts.

Because it is cheaper or it produces profit. What else?

I wouldn't bother about them anyways, if the plugs looks the same it does not mean it is compatible and you should use it without rechecking polarities or data lines. I won't even touch the topic also of need of having the right awg for ehrm wires, thus you simply should not any cabling and make believing in some standart conformity, while watching the wire become limp and hot like a spaghetti. The differentiation actually should be there to prohibit using anything into the PSU's. You have to be careful.

Some PSU's that does not have the current capability are fine and can use anything, while high current capacity ones need the most important optional accessory - brains. During the bitcoin craze I saw multiple PSU's with burnt terminals as they ran 24/7 for months, I have mixed feelings about Mini-misFits also. I still prefer half modular. I will attach an example of the crime scene. I have one besides my feet under the desk. That's an AX850, the unit itself is working fine except for the connector crime scene.

IMHO as I said, the way to go is to go all custom cabling for your specific use cases in a specific case. No excess length, direct coupling, with calculated limits, ventilated couplings also, no heat build up. Imagination is your own limit making your system run perfectly.

Attachments

• 20221222_091055.jpg
    20221222_091055.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited: