• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bento Box

Processor i5-3570k, stock clock
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Stock Intel CPU Cooler, 1 Front 120mm intake fan, 1 Rear 120mm exhaust fan
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Diamond R9 280X
Storage 120GB Samsung 840 , Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
Display(s) Dell E2414H
Case Antec Solution SLK3700-BQE
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Hahaha. I totally undestand. I've built several speaker projects with nothing but a circular saw and a crappy jigsaw. Having a router and a nice table saw made a HUGE difference. And now I've got access to this CNC router, so I'm not even really sure what I want to do with it either.

I can't wait to see your attempts and will not judge. I'm sure I've done worse.

On another note, I saw a deal on a 200mm fan and thought about how much air one of those can move silently (110CFM @ 700RPM), and had a little idea: leaving the stock fan off a stock cooler, designing the case to be just tall enough to clear the stock cooler and fit flush up against the big fan, which would also cool the ram, south bridge, and power regulators.

I obviously didn't have a real concept of how big a 200mm fan is, and how small a uATX motherboard is. It covers almost the entire motherboard! Not sure if there's space for this, and not sure what I'd do with all the pressure in the case or how well this would actually cool. Vents on the sides of the case?

This is what it looked like: