• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Buying new PC, advices and opinions

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Your thread could turn into a build thread if you don't make that clear and then it wouldn't be of help to you if you are certain you want a pre-built.
You mean will turn into a build thread, it always does and step 1 for anyone outside of the USA is always move to the USA so you can buy off Amazon for US prices followed by step 2 increase your budget

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Snow White
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend
Cooling Custom Water 1x420
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Tt CTE 600 Snow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Corsair K65 Mini
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Avermedia Live HD2
As @64K mentioned this could easily turn into a build-this-thing type thread. I say all the part picker posts should give you a rough idea of what to look for if youre wanting prebuilt. Just keep in mind as another person mentioned, prebuilts do tend to come with single channel single stick of ram and a not up to spec PSU. As far as AM4, I wouldn't invest into it even if it was a 5700x3d nor Intel 11th gen or older, just not going to get your moneys worth out of it.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLABS Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+, TOFU-R CNC Alu/Brass, SS Prismcaps W, Jellykey, Lube/Mod, TLabs Leath/Suede Wristrest
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19044.4046
Benchmark Scores Legendary
As @64K mentioned this could easily turn into a build-this-thing type thread. I say all the part picker posts should give you a rough idea of what to look for if youre wanting prebuilt. Just keep in mind as another person mentioned, prebuilts do tend to come with single channel single stick of ram and a not up to spec PSU. As far as AM4, I wouldn't invest into it even if it was a 5700x3d nor Intel 11th gen or older, just not going to get your moneys worth out of it.
The only prebuilts worth buying are simple office/media centre PCs, certain types of workstation from professional services, laptops, or from system integrators that simply assemble parts of your own choice.

The premium for what is in essence a one hour put the lego pieces together job, is quite severe, especially for those on a limited budget.

1719419253815.png

Of course, there are higher level optimizations and component choice/assembly tweaks that can improve the end result, but ultimately assembling a PC is incredibly simple. Parts have their own warranties which are often longer than those given grudgingly and often for a premium from system integrators too.

SFF PCs, or custom watercooling is another matter, but those are challenges for the initiated.

JrRacinFan

System Name Snow White
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d
Storage 20+ TB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
The premium for what is in essence a one hour put the lego pieces together job, is quite severe, especially for those on a limited budget
Some people just are not inclined to take the time out of the day to build a tower. That's why there are PC boutiques. There are also some system integrators who use off-the-shelf components as well. Newegg's in-house brand, ABS, is one example of it.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Cooling Optimus Block, HWLABS Copper 240/40 + 240/30, D5/Res, 4x Noctua A12x25, 2x A4x10, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MT 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FCLK, 160 ns tRFC, active cooled
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear, MX900 dual gas VESA mount
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel pump/res combo
Power Supply SF750 Plat, full transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS w/Noctua
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 8 KHz Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+, TOFU-R CNC Alu/Brass, SS Prismcaps W, Jellykey, Lube/Mod, TLabs Leath/Suede Wristrest
Missing the point of my post completely, some people just are not inclined to take the time out of the day to build a tower. That's why there are PC boutiques. There are also some system integrators who use off-the-shelf components as well. Newegg's in-house brand, ABS as one example of it.
I'm not missing the point.

If you want convenience, be prepared to pay for it. If you don't have the budget to do that, then be prepared to get ripped off with a crappy build, or learn to shop the second hand market.

Coming to an enthusiast forum and asking about a cheap and poor quality prebuilt with 4+ year old parts will give you predictable responses.

This is the correct response, as it's bad advice to tell someone to simply support mediocrity from upselling companies to purchase junk, that in many cases is literally unsafe (high end components paired with crap PSUs and cooling).

JrRacinFan

System Name Snow White
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d
Storage 20+ TB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10

The biggest strength of prebuilts is their potential aftersale service and here companies obviously differ. Kinda whatever problem happens, you don't care, because you tell them and they solve it fast with e.g. remote desktop or sending you technican. It's premium convenience which especially non-tech savvy people value, maybe even more than bang for buck or anything other.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
The biggest strength of prebuilts is their potential aftersale service and here companies obviously differ. Kinda whatever problem happens, you don't care, because you tell them and they solve it fast with e.g. remote desktop or sending you technican. It's premium convenience which especially non-tech savvy people value, maybe even more than bang for buck or anything other.
This can be true, but typically you have to pay extra for this.

Its not the Ryzen 5 vs Ryzen 7 that matters. What people are talking about is the generation.

A Ryzen 7 from 5 years ago is worse than a Ryzen5 (or probably even a Ryzen3) from today. Its more important to track generations than the overall marketing name.
Also why anything lower than a 13600/14600 actually has Alder Lake Golden Cove P cores, an architecture from 2021, which is notably slower in most tasks than Raptor Lake Raptor Cove P cores. Despite many CPUs such as the "Raptor Lake/Raptor Lake Refresh 14500, 14400F etc., having the name of a newer architecture, they are in fact Alder Lake.

Also why anything lower than a 13600/14600 actually has Alder Lake Golden Cove P cores, an architecture from 2021, which is notably slower in most tasks than Raptor Lake Raptor Cove P cores. Despite many CPUs such as the "Raptor Lake/Raptor Lake Refresh 14500, 14400F etc., having the name of a newer architecture, they are in fact Alder Lake.
Germany is the only western country tmk that has this cpu ready and available (it fits the budget if buying a Windows key).

AMD Ryzen 5 7500F €152,00

It's premium convenience. To be clear, I didn't even look at OP's prebuilt or company it comes from. Just thrown imo the biggest strength of prebuilts into your discussion ;)

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Temporary MSI RTX 4070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Temporary Viewsonic 4K 60 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
For the advocates of building your own PC because it's simple and you get better parts for your money I agree 100% but bear in mind that most gamers don't build their own. They buy pre-builts or pay more for a boutique to build one so they can have some choice in the parts but I think back to my first gaming rig build in 2007 and it did not look like a simple matter to me at that time because of all the things that could go wrong. All of my concerns were for nothing because it all went together without a problem and all of my builds since then haven't been a serious problem that I couldn't deal with on my own.

I'm not sure if the OP will come back but if he does then he probably won't see building a PC as an easy task until he does build one with advice from here and then he will see it really is the best way to go but maybe he's not ready to take that step.

JrRacinFan

System Name Snow White
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d
Storage 20+ TB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
Germany is the only western country tmk that has this cpu ready and available (it fits the budget if buying a Windows key).

AMD Ryzen 5 7500F €152,00
I like that CPU. Gets you into an up to date platform while not really hurting the wallet alot.

I don't know any store (atleast in my country), where they assamble pc parts to PC for free. All of them charges any fee for their work.
That kinda sucks. Here in the states, many shops will assemble the parts you buy if you buy from them.