• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bykski 60 mm RC Series Radiator

cpugpuram

I think what hes saying is that even with todays cpu and gpu blocks the restrictions are so little that a d5 can overcome it easily and still maintain an ideal 1gpm. Thats what reviewers shoot for when they set up the test beds. So adding blocks wont make a difference for their testing purposes.
Unfortunately d5s are a hit or miss proposition. Some are whisper quiet, while some are loud as hell! I have 3 of them and they all have their own tone at 100%. So i naturally chose the 2 that are as close to silent as possible at 60-70. The way that you mount them can have alot to do with the amount of noise they generate as well. If possible try to use gel pads or rubber washers rather than hard mounting them to your case.
If its still under warranty ek is really good about taking care of loud pumps so dont just suffer in silence if its under warranty.
Who is saying ? I didn't quote anyone. ''D5 pumps are capable and flow restriction doesn't matter'' this is just a thinking i often see in watercooling circles.

100% pump speed in furmark 305W load: 56C core - 42C water = 14C delta
40% pump speed in furmark 305W load: 60C core - 40C water = 20C delta

Components: Legit D5, low restriction cpu+gpu block, low restriction PE360 rad and high restriction gts 360 rad. Soft tubing without bends.

You can see the difference. It's not the end of the world but if we don't wanna optimize our systems why we are even bothering testing 1C difference between rads, waterblocks, thermal pastes, coolers etc.

I think 100% pump speed never gonna be silent. 40%-60%-70% depends on times of day, ambient noise. I opened and cleaned the pump over the years, everything looks ok. 2 year warranty is ended anyway.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
No time to test radiators at different pump speeds, and I'll test the new EK rads when they come out. The current EK-Coolstream PE uses a slightly different core than the one I tested before, but no point in reviewing it when it's all going to be replaced soon.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
H
Who is saying ? I didn't quote anyone. ''D5 pumps are capable and flow restriction doesn't matter'' this is just a thinking i often see in watercooling circles.

100% pump speed in furmark 305W load: 56C core - 42C water = 14C delta
40% pump speed in furmark 305W load: 60C core - 40C water = 20C delta

Components: Legit D5, low restriction cpu+gpu block, low restriction PE360 rad and high restriction gts 360 rad. Soft tubing without bends.

You can see the difference. It's not the end of the world but if we don't wanna optimize our systems why we are even bothering testing 1C difference between rads, waterblocks, thermal pastes, coolers etc.

I think 100% pump speed never gonna be silent. 40%-60%-70% depends on times of day, ambient noise. I opened and cleaned the pump over the years, everything looks ok. 2 year warranty is ended anyway.

Haha, i see. I was under the assumption you were commenting on a specific reviewers results.
Todays Laing, Lowara, Xylem (legit) d5 and ddc pumps are so over powered they easily overcome cpu/gpu block and rad restrictions. Restriction just isnt something to worry about. Really, honest to God! Im not yankin your chain
Your just seeing flow rate changes and its effects on temps.
If your happy with your pump at 40 run it at 40 if your happy with it at 60 do that. Dont drive yourself crazy with the minutia!
Try mounting your pump on something soft or if its part of a res pump combo try isolating the screws holding the res to your case. Short of that, your probably stuck with what you've got.

cpugpuram

No time to test radiators at different pump speeds, and I'll test the new EK rads when they come out. The current EK-Coolstream PE uses a slightly different core than the one I tested before, but no point in reviewing it when it's all going to be replaced soon.
Can't wait to see what they offer.

Simulating the flow restriction penalty in the thermal tests would be cool though. You are using the same flow rate for both rads if i'm not mistaken. This is of course better in absolute sense but thermal performance chart would be different if we factor in flow restriction. I feel like GTS 360 is overrated and cheating the results with really high restriction. Even higher than waterblocks.
So you are saying GTS 360 doesn't affect the flow rate ? I don't understand.
No worries i don't drive myself crazy lol. Just being enthusiastic. In summer, open windows and loud ambient i use 60%, in winter ambient noise is lower i use %40.

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
Can't wait to see what they offer.

Simulating the flow restriction penalty in the thermal tests would be cool though. You are using the same flow rate for both rads if i'm not mistaken. This is of course better in absolute sense but thermal performance chart would be different if we factor in flow restriction. I feel like GTS 360 is overrated and cheating the results with really high restriction. Even higher than waterblocks.

It does, just not to the extent that it will effect your temps with your pump while your running at the ideal gpm.

Heres an old but really good place to research watercooling in general. It may take some time to find the specific topics your interested in but it will explain everything.

cpugpuram

It does, just not to the extent that it will effect your temps with your pump while your running at the ideal gpm.

Heres an old but really good place to research watercooling in general. It may take some time to find the specific topics your interested in but it will explain everything.

You are saying the same thing i said. I think we don't understand each other :) I'm showing you the effect of pump speed. GTS 360 have the same effect on flow rate. I don't get what is your point.
Todays Laing, Lowara, Xylem (legit) d5 and ddc pumps are so over powered they easily overcome cpu/gpu block and rad restrictions. Restriction just isnt something to worry about. Really, honest to God! Im not yankin your chain
I don't even know why we are arguing. I'm not saying my flow rate is dead bruh of course the water moving inside the loop ''they easily overcome cpu/gpu block and rad restrictions'' with your words. The thing is, as you can see from the results i posted higher flow rate yields better temps and heat transfer efficiency.

Wakaka

hope you can try another chinese company's radiator. beijing coolworld.
this company is very obsessed with using red copper. Including the water tank and thread are all made of red copper. Their radiators have a good reputation among chn players
ali express has their products.
H7931ee45954344ce9be156e7523ec6fct.jpg

coolworld link

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
hope you can try another chinese company's radiator. beijing coolworld.
this company is very obsessed with using red copper. Including the water tank and thread are all made of red copper. Their radiators have a good reputation among chn players
ali express has their products.View attachment 225224
coolworld link
That does look nice. Sadly I am not buying samples to review anymore, I can't afford to do that much and I have too many other samples lying around here provided from manufacturers as it is :(