• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

C-States stopped working in Windows

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
My theory is that this program somehow permanently changes certain BIOS options.
Your theory is completely wrong. ThrottleStop cannot read, write or do anything to any settings in the BIOS. Any changes ThrottleStop makes are made to registers within the CPU. When you power down a computer, the CPU will automatically reset any changes that were made with ThrottleStop.

You have not posted anything to TechPowerUp in over 7 years. If you were having any problems with ThrottleStop, you should have posted your problem and some screenshots to the ThrottleStop forum like everyone else does. I would have been happy to work with you to solve any problems that you were having. You chose to not get help

Check out my track record. I have been actively helping users with any ThrottleStop questions for the last fifteen years. I was on the Notebook Review forum daily for many years until that forum closed. No other free software on the planet offers the same level of free user support that ThrottleStop continues to have.

for some reason ThrottleStop could not change the offset on my Core i9-8950HK
When using ThrottleStop to undervolt an 8950HK, you need to undervolt both the core and the cache. If you were not doing that then the undervolt request would not have worked.