• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Hydro Series H115i RGB Platinum

dricks

Hi,

this cooler, namely h115i RGB Platinum, is plagued with USB Disconnection problems.
When you launch a game, you get an USB Disconnected sound, the RGB on the cooler switch to Hardware mode and temp/fan speed readings are frozen in iCue, meaning that USB communication is broken.
It seems related to be a bug in the pump firmware, and Corsair hasn't been able to correct this issue as of now.
More on the official Corsair Thread
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182412&page=16

It would really be great to test some real case usage when you review something, not only pure synthetic benchmarks.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Suprim X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) ASUS VG27AQL1A x2 2560x1440 8bit IPS
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Hi,

this cooler, namely h115i RGB Platinum, is plagued with USB Disconnection problems.
When you launch a game, you get an USB Disconnected sound, the RGB on the cooler switch to Hardware mode and temp/fan speed readings are frozen in iCue, meaning that USB communication is broken.
It seems related to be a bug in the pump firmware, and Corsair hasn't been able to correct this issue as of now.
More on the official Corsair Thread
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182412&page=16

It would really be great to test some real case usage when you review something, not only pure synthetic benchmarks.
I had no USB disconnection issues, Cooler is still in use and has no issues. So if the issue doesn't appear I can't report on it. But yes lets just assume 100% of the coolers are impacted. Which if that was the case would result in a recall for a defective product. Or a lawsuit.

But yeah that said, used the unit for awhile stuck in a friends system where its been working happily since the review went live. Still no problems to date.