• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Denuvo Introduces Industry First Nintendo Switch DRM Protection

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Hmmm... tasty and nutritious Denuvo DRM, how can I resist any product infected with it?

Nah, this is one of the first things I look for when interested in a game and if it shows in the product description, then I don't buy it. Antipiracy at its best. :laugh:
I go even further and check PCGamingWiki. "Uses Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM?" No buy.

If I find a game that had Denuvo at one point and has had it removed, then I'll be willing to buy that game. Monster Hunter World and DMC5 are my most recent formerly-infected purchases.

not really! You have to praise to Empress, the only one cracking Denuvo, and she cracks a game every couple of full moons.
I do wish there was more competition in that part of the scene, though.

I also don't like how she obfuscates her patches so we don't really know what they do or how they work. Guess I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until something bad comes up.

Though to be perfectly honest, I almost find it more morally correct to financially support people who make patches rather than lining the pockets of some shitty game publisher who swears that DRM stops piracy (it doesn't).

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
I wonder what the actual drm cost is vs guestimated piracy losses???

If actual piracy could be actually measured, it would be funny if the drm cost more than it saved.
see below.
It probably does cost more, and on top of that it slaps paying customers in the face with a performance hit.
It was talked about a while ago, but I remember it was said that Denovo is a flat rate. Piracy is calculated in so many different ways it will make your head spin, it varies from publisher to publisher, but you can guarantee a highly embellished amount of piracy. Most piracy stats are in $$$$ not in units, they cannot count how many actual units were distributed so as i said, its a guess.

got to love patents huh, why you think other company'(s) want you to buy seedless fruit
Its MY bowl of cherries!

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Though to be perfectly honest, I almost find it more morally correct to financially support people who make patches rather than lining the pockets of some shitty game publisher who swears that DRM stops piracy (it doesn't).

The bad implications aside, if no one does this, we run the serious risk of in a couple of years we have a serious amount of games that no one will ever be able to play again. All it takes is for Denuvo or a publisher to go down and they don't release the original exe without DRM, or they simply don't care to. We are totally dependent on their servers and goodwill to play these games we own.

And Nintendo itself is notoriously guilty of making games unplayable forever.

edit for grammar

Last edited:

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
A common mistake is counting each pirated copy as a lost sale. Simply not true for a variety of reasons. The main reason is assuming that if gamers can't pirate a copy then they would have to buy it but so many can't afford to buy it anyway so that's not lost sales. Some pirate games because they want to try the game first before spending $60 (soon to be $70 on it) and some pirate games if they have Denuvo simply because they hate Denuvo.

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
That's not really true though. No Denuvo on GOG though.
Note: The majority of my games are on GOG.

This curator is vital for any members as it highlights games that have it, had it removed, or if Denuvo-less versions are available on other stores.
PCGamingWiki is a valuable resource when it comes to finding out about this stuff.

List of games with this cancer:

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Wow, emulator blockers.

What level of scummery will they resort to next

I play switch games on an EMU, not sure how it will work on that.

You're the target then.

This is not actually about the Switch or even Nintendo themselves. Third party developers are upset because if they release on Switch the Switch ROM will be dumped and pirated and then played for free via emulation on the PC, costing the developer sales on the PC.

The goal will be hardware updates on the switch and then DRM in the games. This won't stop everything, but it will cause enough delays and pain that some people will buy the game through Steam rather than pirate it.

It's not really Nintendo itself. Nintendo is actually a hardware company. They make tons of money through the Switch, the minis, etc. So the emulation doesn't hurt them all that bad. What would kill them instantly though is releasing their IPs on say the PC. The day Zelda shows up PC it kills their hardware and then the company goes under and then Zelda is gone forever. Which is why everyone asking for this to happen is either beyond stupid or just wants Nintendo to die.

Wow, emulator blockers.

What level of scummery will they resort to next
It wasn't really them driving it. It was companies that release on Switch and the PC driving it. PC gamers are fucking those companies over, Nintendo is a hardware company. It's been a known issue for a long time that releasing on Switch creates an emulated situation which eats into your Steam sales. That's not a problem for Nintendo, since they aren't stupid enough to destroy their company by putting stuff on the PC.

You're the target then.

This is not actually about the Switch or even Nintendo themselves. Third party developers are upset because if they release on Switch the Switch ROM will be dumped and pirated and then played for free via emulation on the PC, costing the developer sales on the PC.

The goal will be hardware updates on the switch and then DRM in the games. This won't stop everything, but it will cause enough delays and pain that some people will buy the game through Steam rather than pirate it.

It's not really Nintendo itself. Nintendo is actually a hardware company. They make tons of money through the Switch, the minis, etc. So the emulation doesn't hurt them all that bad. What would kill them instantly though is releasing their IPs on say the PC. The day Zelda shows up PC it kills their hardware and then the company goes under and then Zelda is gone forever. Which is why everyone asking for this to happen is either beyond stupid or just wants Nintendo to die.

It wasn't really them driving it. It was companies that release on Switch and the PC driving it. PC gamers are fucking those companies over, Nintendo is a hardware company. It's been a known issue for a long time that releasing on Switch creates an emulated situation which eats into your Steam sales. That's not a problem for Nintendo, since they aren't stupid enough to destroy their company by putting stuff on the PC.

I do have an actual switch, and have spent a lot of money on games from the store. People can think what they like. I have been called a pirate before, then showed all the games on my steam account, usually shuts them up.

A common mistake is counting each pirated copy as a lost sale. Simply not true for a variety of reasons. The main reason is assuming that if gamers can't pirate a copy then they would have to buy it but so many can't afford to buy it anyway so that's not lost sales. Some pirate games because they want to try the game first before spending $60 (soon to be $70 on it) and some pirate games if they have Denuvo simply because they hate Denuvo.

On steam especially, i will not buy a £60 game without trying it first. A lot of games on my steam account are ones I have tried first, then bought on the steam store. As for my Switch EMU, why not, sometimes i don't want to play on the switch, so i play them on my PC monitor with a Xbox one S pad. I have probably spent about £4-600 just on switch games alone from the ninty store, does not give me the right to play my backups, but I will not stop doing it, and will not stop buying the games either.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
I think people are unfairly bashing Nintendo here (them being ip trolls is fair game tho). This sounds more like an third party thing than a platform-provided solution. The press release avoids mentioning Nintendo as a party to this, and I would be surprised if any console maker let a third party into what could probably be their most guarded secrets and let them market it independently.

And who thought a software solution to a problem that hardware failed at is a smart way to go? AND market it to developers who already budget every last kilobyte and clock cycle?

It is not unfair at all, their platform does not remotely have the extra oomph to power this POS software that only hurts users.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2406-MH 75Hz
Case Bitfenix Nova Midi
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 24.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
It is not unfair at all, their platform does not remotely have the extra oomph to power this POS software that only hurts users.
"Unfair" in that Nintendo (probably) isn't behind this tech. No more than Microsoft or Valve are blame for the original Denuvo anti-tamper ruining performance on RE Village, etc.

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
As with all other Denuvo solutions, the technology integrates seamlessly into the build toolchain with no impact on the gaming experience.
This is complete bullshit.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
You're the target then.

Ugh. Your post seems to say that all PC gamers are pirates. Releasing Zelda on PC would be stupid and destroy Nintendo? Come on. You've got to be trolling, right?

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
I have been called a pirate before,
Children that are jealous say this often.

On steam especially, i will not buy a £60 game without trying it first. A lot of games on my steam account are ones I have tried first, then bought on the steam store.
anything over $40 that I want will be watched on Twitch first, and look up reviews 2nd. Better games will have Demos to play, a trend thats been in decay for a while.

Ugh. Your post seems to say that all PC gamers are pirates. Releasing Zelda on PC would be stupid and destroy Nintendo? Come on. You've got to be trolling, right?
Eeek not this rumor again! I remember this was in the news back in....

Not all pc gamers are pirates. But the catch is that Nintendo makes it's money from hardware as well. They aren't Sony or MS where they sell the hardware at a loss and the scoop up in software later. Nintendo makes money off their hardware and their own IPs first and foremost. They do not need to fuck themselves sideways on their hardware business by releasing on PC yet arrogant dipshits constantly scream they should tank their main hardware business and release on PC because PC MASTER RACE HEIL PC MEIN PC over and over and over. It's just stupid and idiotic and played out by now.

Nintendo works and lives because they can sell hardware at a profit, end of story. Even Sony and xbox fans are swift enough to get this it is only the MEIN PC camp that constantly stamps their footsies and throws tantrums that a company doesn't destroy it self to humor their favorite platform. This is the attitude of a crack baby who just hit age six.

We also do know that piracy, cheating, and all sorts of other crap is vastly more common on the PC than any other platform. All this anti piracy, anti cheat, and other crap only exists because of PC gaming because it's simply not an issue on consoles really. So that PC gamers fucked another thing up, yet again, as always, set your watch to it, and then scream and throw tantrums and start to suggest the solution is to blow up a company rather than straighten their own crap it is so utterly laughable it's like watching a four year old shit themselves to prove a point.

It's OK, we have a pacifier for you, go suck on it.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
@SOAREVERSOR well, yes, it's clearly all the fault of PC users. Obviously.

Who paid you to write this drivel?

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Not all pc gamers are pirates. But the catch is that Nintendo makes it's money from hardware as well. They aren't Sony or MS where they sell the hardware at a loss and the scoop up in software later. Nintendo makes money off their hardware and their own IPs first and foremost. They do not need to fuck themselves sideways on their hardware business by releasing on PC yet arrogant dipshits constantly scream they should tank their main hardware business and release on PC because PC MASTER RACE HEIL PC MEIN PC over and over and over. It's just stupid and idiotic and played out by now.

Nintendo works and lives because they can sell hardware at a profit, end of story. Even Sony and xbox fans are swift enough to get this it is only the MEIN PC camp that constantly stamps their footsies and throws tantrums that a company doesn't destroy it self to humor their favorite platform. This is the attitude of a crack baby who just hit age six.

We also do know that piracy, cheating, and all sorts of other crap is vastly more common on the PC than any other platform. All this anti piracy, anti cheat, and other crap only exists because of PC gaming because it's simply not an issue on consoles really. So that PC gamers fucked another thing up, yet again, as always, set your watch to it, and then scream and throw tantrums and start to suggest the solution is to blow up a company rather than straighten their own crap it is so utterly laughable it's like watching a four year old shit themselves to prove a point.

It's OK, we have a pacifier for you, go suck on it.
Right. Console fanboys don't exist, piracy doesn't happen on consoles, cheating doesn't happen on consoles, and poor Nintendo just doesn't know what to do with the angry mob of evil PC gamers laying siege to their headquarters until they release Mario and Zelda on PC, so they can obviously use cheats on their pirated copies, forcing Nintendo to hire some very shady electrical "contractors" just so they can keep their lights on with stolen electricity because they can no longer afford to pay their bills because everyone pirated Zelda and Mario and nobody is buying it on Switch, and then the entire building explodes due to the shady stolen electricity, actually killing everyone who ever worked at Nintendo, thus killing the franchise. All because the PC gamers collectively pirated the games and apparently shat themselves in victory while watching the building crumble.

????

When the Switch is already suffering from the weak SOC, adding DRM that eats up more resources is just plain silly. It is well known by now that Denuvo creates more problem than solve problems (always temporary). Anyone putting their faith in anything man made, thinking that it is safe and secure, is just lying to themselves.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
DRM like this will just make the consoles die a faster death

Look at how the PS2 still lives on due to the modding community, keeping the old abandoned games alive - and sales of what should be dead hardware going, with controllers and such

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
DRM like this will just make the consoles die a faster death

Look at how the PS2 still lives on due to the modding community, keeping the old abandoned games alive - and sales of what should be dead hardware going, with controllers and such
Indeed, DRM is never about expanding a market, but constraining it for short term profit and even that doesn't always work.

System Name Dumbass
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Not all pc gamers are pirates. Butt, *gibberish* ... >
Not all...pirates are gamers. Pirates that do 'game things' are usually out for profit, nothing else. Hackers that try to crack code just for the sake of doing it. When they do they either freely share or sell. So saying any gamers are pirates at all is thin. We buy games so why cant we do our own ports to other platforms for personal use? The line in the sand is sharing it with friends and torrenting them. This percentage is rather very small.

Sure the EULA say we cant be we all know EULAs are heavily ignored when it comes to personal use. IMHO, EULAs are all in bad faith, especially privacy ones.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
"Unfair" in that Nintendo (probably) isn't behind this tech. No more than Microsoft or Valve are blame for the original Denuvo anti-tamper ruining performance on RE Village, etc.
Nintendo heavily restricts their ecosystem and has to approve your game, 100% at fault, as is steam to a lesser degree for any Denuvo title. Unfortunately as much as I may not liike Microsoft, they would only be liable for things on their store, not OS. You have more options on PC to avoid Denuvo variants, with consoles... its up to the manufacturer. Nintendo in this case is clearly not testing the performance of their games.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2406-MH 75Hz
Case Bitfenix Nova Midi
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 24.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
Nintendo in this case is clearly not testing the performance of their games.
Aren't we jumping the gun here? There are no games yet released with these anti-emulation checks for Nintendo - or anyone - to "test the performance" of them. Besides, saying that this tech would definitely and significantly affect performance is just conjecture at this point.
No, how Denuvo works on PC is no indication whatsoever. Different software, different hardware, and -most importantly- different scope.

Nintendo heavily restricts their ecosystem and has to approve your game
All platform maintainers have restrictions and require approval, but this has little to do with performance, more with not effing up/crashing/bricking the platform. Performance has always been the responsibility of the developer. A platform maintainer would, at most, pull out a poorly-performing game post-release (a la Cyberpunk 2077), and that's a rare -and afaik recent- phenomenon.
Of course, talking about who should ensure the game performs well is moot at this point. At least until we know the actual performance-costs of the tech.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Wow that cancer on Nintendo also... imagine not able to use your physical games at some point.

In a way they already do this... Lots of Nintendo games can no longer be purchased directly from Nintendo both in physical or digital forms. This leaves honest people at the whims of scalpers on ebay or brick and mortar second hand shops who will no doubt raise the prices of these "commodities" while Nintendo goes around a files a lawsuit against every website that hosts any of their roms for people to freely download

Nintendo: "We dont want you to pirate our games, Piracy very baed"

Also Nintendo: "We dont want to sell you THOSE games"

Everyone else with the remaining physical or digital copies of unobtainable Nintendo games: "Its free real estate!"

I think there was an original Zelda game for the SNES in original packaging that sold for something like $6million. Ah.... It was something more like $870,000

Gotta love the big corporations that love to create artificial shortages of their goods while leaving you no means to obtain their wares either by legitimate or illegitimate channels.

Its almost like Nintendo have skin in the second hand market game. Some of their executives probably own a lot of old unobtainable Nintendo games and they dont want to devalue what they have by doing limited production runs or selling digital copies of old forgotten games

Not being able to obtain or buy a game via legit or illegit means is the best form of DRM there is.

Last edited: