• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Drive Running at 100% after installing new Video Card

PikachuProject

Yeah, not sure why you installed something else.......CTL+ALT+DEL, Task Manager, And either sort the process tab, or go to performance to see which drive is doing it.

You should also upload using the forum... not 3rd party garbage that will eventually break the links.. ;)

Another good reason not to install the kitchen sink is right here people... regardless if this was the problem or not. For NVIDIA drivers, I install what I NEED. That means drivers and Physx. That's it. :)
This doesn't really give any help at all. In the task manager there's nothing "large" that is being used. The constant complaints about Gyazo conflicting with XenForo is ridiculous regardless if you think that's the cause of my computer hitting the fan... you're wrong. I've had the program for roughly 3 years and have never had an issue with it

Malware bytes - uninstall this stuff - useless . Invoke it , only when needed
Exit Steam for now !

Most likely there is an installation process/es still running . Who knows what - Geforce /Steam , Windows Update .....?!! This hogs the hdd time The hdd queue should be full

Edit :
Remove the GTX 1070 . Restart . See what will happen . Shut down . Then install GTX 1070 in the slot and then drivers .

Last edited:
System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
Start > Run > MsConfig > Diagnostics Startup > Hit okay > ... then restart your PC. Check your CPU Load / Memory usage. If its at normal levels and your HD is not at 100% , its most likely a program in the background that is sucking up all that resources. It sounds to me like you have something stuck in the background. If you are still reciving errors after Msconfig then it might be your Hard Drive...

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
The constant complaints about Gyazo conflicting with XenForo is ridiculous regardless if you think that's the cause of my computer hitting the fan... you're wrong

I don't believe that is what @EarthDog was stating... it is that off site hosting sites sometimes purge files (pics), the hosting site disappears/shutsdown, or the owner may remove them and the thread will end up with a broken link message.
Plus, some do not like clicking links to off site links and would prefer local hosting, here, at TPU.

Also, try this... un-plug your Hard drive from the PSU line and try a completely different line, if you have one.
And, if it has not been tried... try a different data cable.

sneekypeet

not-so supermod
Staff member
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Let's try to stick to the topic of this thread shall we? Back and forth between members from here on out will result in points. Fair warning!

Processor Intel i7 970 // Intel i7 2600K
Motherboard Asus Rampage III Formula // Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Zalman CNPS9900MaxB // Zalman CNPS11X
Memory GSkill 2133 12GB // Corsair V 2400 32GB
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080 // MSI GTX1070
Storage Samsung 870EVO // Samsung 840P
Display(s) HP w2207h
Case CoolerMaster Stacker 830se // Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Seasonic X 850w Gold // EVGA 850w G2
Mouse Logitech G502SE HERO, G9
Keyboard Dell
Software W10 Pro 22H2
5 things that stick out for me are:
1) Chrome, make sure it is up to date/newest build.
2) Team Viewer, seem to remember that it was hacked a while back, so uninstall for now. I see TeamSpeak as well.
(others can chime in here)
3) AVAST, I have had issues upgrading W10 with it installed, so it could be causing high cpu usage.
4) Spotify, I think it is very invasive, disable on startup.
5) TiWorker.exe, what is it?

Last edited: