• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

You must have a nice and clean install (average 57%), most laptops are self nerfing. Not bad, 99th percentile. You will also be surprised how many drivers some people are missing.
Thankfully, I have all the AMD drivers I need in extracted form (.inf, so on), so in device manager, I go through devices, and search updates on my drive.

1659188290816.png 1659188333837.png

I used to have a creative USB DAC. That was about 10+ years ago, I decided against it, because USB used more CPU than discrete, might be different now.
If you open task manager, and try and get and idle-stable CPU %, then move your mouse around at a fast rate, watch the CPU go up.

No shit audio and video IS connected, thereby this analog jittery. But watch that task manager drop from 70% to 10% when you open it.

You must have a nice and clean install (average 57%), most laptops are self nerfing. Not bad, 99th percentile. You will also be surprised how many drivers some people are missing.
Thankfully, I have all the AMD drivers I need in extracted form (.inf, so on), so in device manager, I go through devices, and search updates on my drive.

View attachment 256424 View attachment 256425
I ran benchmark twice cause my cpu max speed is controlled automatically.I will do clean install again when windows 11 22h2 comes out.

@emanresu, it also depends what you are using the PC for, for example if its a dedicated media setup, with good CPU, it wont matter to you.

1659189661986.png

So how do we cräck DTS Sound Unbound?
And 2 instances?
We have another part of the forum for CPU flexXxing. ;)

So 32" is too big for my viewing distance, which is about 62cm (~2 foot), I would need more pixels at the distance *, and the curve is too curved, both mostly resolved at around 183cm (6 foot).
It seems I should not go bigger than 28", so I will probably stick to my 24" for the time being (still has a high spec, 1ms, so on), although it only does 75hz max.

Anyhow the DTS DCH driver is working perfectly on my ALC S1220-A, just install and go (I chose main, Interactive on optical).

* If you get closer to your monitor or even TV, the image quality will reduce on larger displays, further away produces a better image.

1659286161912.png

With Equalizer APO (SFX), upmixing stereo to 6-8 channel audio.

Last edited:
It just doesn't work on my system . installation runs fine and apps install right. Controls are enabled and so but it just doesn't make a difference. Should I disable driver signature enforcement or it won't make a difference with this version of the mod? Windows 11 latest insider build +h610m h. ALC892

Is that analogue or digital? do you mean the DTS app or DTS Interactive? Can you take screenshots?

Is that analogue or digital? do you mean the DTS app or DTS Interactive? Can you take screenshots?

Yeah sorry. It is analog. Headphones. UWP apps install right and they actually works meaning all buttons and switch are enabled but have no effect on sound.
I can take screenshot of whatever you indicate me.
I will try later disabled Driver Signature Enforcement. I did not before because I was running insecure software ( games) . What takes my curiosity is that all sound seems to be managed or gone through Intel's drivers ? I'm attaching a picture of driver store, so you can check Also , the .csv export of driver list in case you have Driver Store Explorer 'round there.
UEFI audio related options only mention Enable or Disable onboard audio and maybe front panel disable or so.

Captura de pantalla (1).png

Link to .csv . https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am9WJB2SV67Mxgb2Hp1wXYyHT1ID?e=4a798B that's Office Online

Here in mediafire https://www.mediafire.com/file/yrepk1k0x66fbzc/Driver+List.csv/file

I see a few residual Realtek drivers, otherwise you will need to change the APO file to the older one, but I think its the residual Realtek APO and other Realtek drivers I see in the screenshot.

In 'device manager', right click the 'Realtek/DTS DCH' audio device, uninstall, when it disappears, open 'driver store explorer', and remove all 'Realtek' drivers from all sections.
Next open 'FX Config' (DTS DCH driver folder\Tools) and on the right select 'Rebuild All Audio Endpoints', once its has finished, restart the PC.

1659439820458.png 1659440135984.png

No Realtek files, only DTS, the Realtek stuff is included with DTS.

Last edited:
Alright. Followed your instructions and recorded.

How it was before ( as you saw in previous post)

After doing everything and restarting

And I will add the latest state of device manager

Captura de pantalla (24).png

So it seems to be working - through DTS driver, but any of the effect or references are present on Windows sound applet, no UWP app ( this time they didn't install but I'm heading to your mediafire's appxs folder to download them.

✔️ Update: Headphone X and Ultra working as spatial sound options. Trying to get Ultra UWP to work now

Last edited:
Me enjoying inbuild dolby atmos in metro exodus.

Attachments

• 4A Engine 03-08-2022 13_59_09.png
    4A Engine 03-08-2022 13_59_09.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 94
@Lucky8, Good good, if Ultra does not work let me know, you might need the older APO files.

----

If own Sound Unbound, you can download both apps from the store, else only Ultra.
If you are installing inf's manually, see the 'APPS' folder in the DTS folder.

Last edited:
@Lucky8, Good good, if Ultra does not work let me know, you might need the older APO files.

----

If own Sound Unbound, you can download both apps from the store, else only Ultra.
If you are installing inf's manually, see the 'APPS' folder in the DTS folder.
Thanks you. I must add that driver only worked once I disabled DSEnforcement.

No, ultra didn't work and I'm a bit confused but you should be right about apo but ¿should I use an older driver package? It's Windows 11 and I guess that's part of the limitations all packages face. Also tried Alan's and Puresoft's bundles so far no luck. Trying disabling extra security layers now (Intel's one ) to check once again.

Edit: That's it. DSE must be out then re enabled. It seems any certificate used is invalidated by W11 and each driver may require individual acceptance. One time effort so no big deal.

Big thank you for your help.

Last edited:
The installer (double click) will install the certificate you need, then you don't need to disable driver signing enforcement. If you manually install the .inf files, you wont install the required certificate.

Good to know you have it working, the older files are here if needed, disable windows audio service and endpoint builder, then replace the files.
You might also need to stop the DTS APO service, location: 'C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x', restart once replaced.

There might be an issue with Windows if the certificate does not install for some reason.

1659613360482.png

1659613512702.png
1659614290485.png
1659614686893.png

Last edited:
Thank you man.

I got a couple warnings of unsigned certificates once disable driver signature enforcement and trying to install everything. I'm not sure if I will call this an issue with Windows but I believe Windows actually blocks the cert install. I will check cert later. Also, please keep present I'm on an Insider preview build, soon updating to a new flight . There we'll have a clean environment to test

Fair enough, and thank you. I have tested Win11 on my newer setup and on my old, both where working. Windows not working with installing cert's is rare but not unheard of.
In the past I have done fresh installs of Windows, and there be something wrong almost strait away or after an update, unfortunately it does happen.

Yeah. Usually I update often with clean installs of every new flight ( no in-place upgrade ) . But it it the first time I use Windows Secure Core. I need to get familiar with the full tech but so far I'm putting the blame on it . I'll have some news these days. it is good to know in case someone else experience the same issue
Thanks again mate

You are very welcome, currently I am using an Asus Prime X570 Pro (latest bios), and have all security features enabled, UEFI only and set to Windows only, no issues installing the certificate.

Anyway regardless, you are very welcome, here to help (and bring you high audio quality).

1659806131008.png

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Memory Mushkin DDR4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung QE43Q60B (TV)/1x Samsung S27B80P/1x Hanns-G FHD
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt Pro Gold 80+ 1000W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech MX5500 Revolution
Software Win 11 Pro x64 v24H2
You are very welcome, currently I am using an Asus Prime X570 Pro (latest bios), and have all security features enabled, UEFI only and set to Windows only, no issues installing the certificate.

Anyway regardless, you are very welcome, here to help (and bring you high audio quality).

View attachment 257177

That's a very nice MoBo

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard

That's an AMD platform right? May be different Intel side. Anyway I'm not discarding anything so I can be wrong and just not having the full picture.

You certainly did both mate. You did.

Edit: Thought I've posted this but gracefully awaited for me in edit. So ...

I just clean installed Windows. The latest public release. Same security stuff. Yeahp, driver certificate install is blocked by default.
In other news, I've cleaned dust from my DVD writer and seems ... ok, take a look:

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-08 000115.png

That's my mobo's DVD stuff. I'm assuming "600" refers to Intel's 600 series chipset. Like my h610.

And this is the sub-folder content

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-08 000419.png

Could I aim at natively enable DTS? Tried running installer . First time it took its time to install the driver and then a UWP app. Apparently it succeeded ( no errors en event viewer has no record of failed install process) but there is no UWP app present ( btw it is supposed to install Ultra ) and no change on system device name. Tried with HD Audio. Then later after installed Realtek driver ( from DVD too ) . That second time, seems to have failed. Driver install console open and UWP install kinda console open but closes immediately ( or maybe it just find record of already installed this stuff)

So, before attempting at screwing up, I wonder if there is a way to correctly install this using the given files and more important, monitoring the install process .

Captura de pantalla 2022-08-08 000700.png

Maybe I should start a new thread also, and avoid hijacking this

What happens if you double click 'signed.pfx' in the /BIN folder (hidden).