• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Finally a review of a GAMDIAS Power Supply, it has killer performance

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Yes, the RGB performance of the Kratos M1-750W is killer. The PSU of a more than decade old platform is completely mediocre at best but good for Andyson getting some more business as I haven't seen to many raidmaxx PSU and was worried about them.

It's still a group regulated design.... so basically not really recommended for any modern platform.
I have no issue with a PSU that uses older regulation methods for the rails (i.e. independent regulation (e.g. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/ocz-zs-650w/4.html) and not DC-DC) but this is far from that.

For the money there are better options - I'd avoid this. And I'm sure Andyson as an OEM can do better - I do still wonder why some of these OEMs still make lower end platforms... I guess business is business but that can harm your reputation down the line.

Case fancier than yours
It's still a group regulated design.... so basically not really recommended for any modern platform.
DC - DC on the 12v, group on the others but still an older platform

And I'm sure Andyson as an OEM can do better - I do still wonder why some of these OEMs still make lower end platforms... I guess business is business but that can harm your reputation down the line.
The vast majority of people looking for a PSU have never heard of Anydson, Chicony, Great Wall, etc., but they have heard of Aerocool, Cooler Master and Corsair so I don't think they are worried about their reputation taking a hit on a junky unit.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) XFX 6800 XT Speedster Merc 319 Black
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850B x 2 / ASUS MG278Q
Case be quiet! Silent Base 802
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster AE-7 / Sennheiser HD 660S
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-1200
Software Windows 11 Pro 64
:laugh: Your title mention of "killer performance" is contradicted by your own statement that it is "completely mediocre at best" and the article you link that summarizes it as "falling short in performance and efficiency".

DC - DC on the 12v, group on the others but still an older platform
It kind of has to be - 80+ bronze with a purely passive regulated design would be harder to do.
The irony is the article links it to a 10+ year old Antec HCG PSU as using the same platform, but that the newer one has been improved modernised... but the older Antec PSU had independent regulation of the rails and better output characteristics - from what I can find out that was actually a Delta OEM PSU. Other/older Antec HCG PSUs which were group regulated were Seasonic OEM.
Looking at the two, there are similarities (input / APFC stages) - maybe the design is part shared or copied but definitely inferior end result.

Also I don't get this:
On the secondary side, we can see the four power transistors that generate the DC rails, three forming the 12V/5V lines and an independent circuitry for the 3.3V line. This is the first unit in several years that we have seen without DC-to-DC circuitry on the secondary side. The 3.3V and 5V lines are generated via a group regulation scheme, with the controller monitoring the 12V and 5V lines as one.
How do you group regulate 3.3V&5V if the 5V&12V rails share their output stage...?

The vast majority of people looking for a PSU have never heard of Anydson, Chicony, Great Wall, etc., but they have heard of Aerocool, Cooler Master and Corsair so I don't think they are worried about their reputation taking a hit on a junky unit.
That is true, and they will also start their purchase by sorting the list by price low>high - can't be helped.

Anyway, staying on point, unless you need RGB, there are better options... maybe even with RGB...

Last edited:
Case fancier than yours
:laugh: Your title mention of "killer performance" is contradicted by your own statement that it is "completely mediocre at best" and the article you link that summarizes it as "falling short in performance and efficiency".
I said
the RGB performance of the Kratos M1-750W is killer
not that the platform performance is killer

How do you group regulate 3.3V&5V
He says "The 3.3V and 5V lines are generated via a group regulation scheme" which probably means 3.3V rail is regulated by a magnetic-amplifier post regulator from 5V hence the "Cross-loading the unit also causes the minor lines to fluctuate heavily, a distinct feature of all group-regulated platforms"

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro