• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

For the older gamers here, what can I expect when I actually do have to start wearing reading glasses?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
thank you for posting everyone, it has been interesting reading all of these. I can't notice it yet, but I can tell very vaguely it is coming since I am almost 40. I am not 100% vision like I used to be, but like 99%, I don't know how to explain it, and yeah I see an eye doctor every year, I see 20/10 in bright light, and 20/40 in dim rooms.

@64K do you or anyone else here know if Gunnar Optiks gaming brand of computer glasses have proper anti-glare feature? They come in reading strengths

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Been wearing glasses since I was 18. Prepare to have some major annoyances about scratching your nose or touching your face in general as your glasses will get smeared with no contact whatsoever and you clean them, they look clean, you put them on, smear. Repeat rest of life.
Yep, having to wear glasses all of the time does get really annoying at times.
I constantly have to carry a micro fiber cloth with me when I go somewhere cause the lenses aint clean it drives me crazy.
Raining outside but I have to go somewhere? Yep thats gonna be fun or when its winter and whenever I enter a warmer building or even when I get on the bus my glasses instantly turn foggy until their temperature evens out. 'this was extremely annoying with the covid masks on top..'
Or when I was hanging out at an aqua place during the summer and some kids jumped into the pool and splashing water all over me and my glasses, effectively blinding me. 'then when it dried the water left white spots on my glasses which were quite difficult to clean off..'

I think I was already supposed to wear glasses in high school but I've ignored it like the stupid teen I was and that did some serious damage to my eyes. And no smart phones did not exist back then but instead we had crappy old neon tube ligts in every classroom + had to sit infront of old CRT monitors for a lot of hours/week. 'by the end of the high school half of my class had to wear glasses so ye..'
When I've went to get my eyes checked and finally get some glasses made for me my optician told me that my sight is at around 10% and its not getting better ever since.

Ofc non of that will be an issue with simply reading glasses just felt like sharing that as a fellow 4 eyed. :laugh:

Last edited: