• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE AORUS ATC800 CPU Cooler Tested for i9-10900K 5.10 GHz All-Core OC

@Vayra86/searing

and i can buy +100$ air coolers, doesnt mean all of them cost that much, nor am i forced to do a custom loop.
i spend 60$ on a 120 AIO from corsair that cools a FX8xxx/R3600 just fine, lowers temp inside the case so the gpu runs faster (1060),
while corsair covers any hw getting damaged if it fails for 5y.
not sure what air cooler comes with that kind of warranty, and even if, still doesnt dump the heat outside the case.
especially ppl spending +50$ on things like psu, +200$ for a board and 2-300$ each for cpu/gpu, now all of a sudden need to "save" money?

60-80$ will get a CLC from corsair or arctic
~100$ gets you an eisbaer 240 (non asetek design (better pump) that can be used right a way (prefilled), has a fill port so i can flush/refill etc,
and uses g1/4 connection/parts so i can upgrade/replace without problems, nor does LC always have to be a +200$ custom loop with 2 pumps.
especially since im actually running a 280 eisbaer that i extended to cool the 2080S, which required the purchase of a pair of hoses (20$),
so neither did i spend lots of cash on a custom loop, nor do i see more than 5C diff vs a custom loop running +100$ pump and block (each),
so my info is as realistic as it gets.

i have no problem if not everything is for everyone, or that ppl prefer certain stuff,
but thats not what you guys posted.

I don't have any problem with water cooling. But if someone asks me, is there any point to it? I'll say no.

Costs more, not more effective, less reliable, and is all about looks. That's it. I regularly fix people's computers by removing their broken water cooling systems and just plopping a Noctua on there and they are surprised that water isn't as great as they thought.