• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

God of War Benchmark Test & Performance

System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
AMD provided an optimised driver for this game. Curious that the performance of AMD cards is not on par with Nvidia cards. Usually an optimised driver gives better results.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
its been a while to see a good quality console port...

System Name Gen2
Processor Ryzen R9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li 360 Galahad
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb @ 3600 Mhz CL14-13-13-24 1T @ 1.45V
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Storage Seagate 520 1TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + lots of HDD's
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7
Case Lian Li PC-O11D XL White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000W
Mouse Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless
Keyboard Kemove Snowfox 61
Software Main: Gentoo+Arch + Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Have tried but can't beat the leaders :)
I think I have it disabled, shouldn't make any difference though. Motion blur is very light

made a quick video. emulated the settings. Crank up all.

This is on Linux

Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra (1980 MHz / 0.968 V)
Display(s) Dell P2715Q; BenQ EX3501R; Panasonic TC-P55S60
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD580; 64 Audio 1964-Q
Power Supply Seasonic SSR-650TR
Mouse Logitech G700s; Logitech G903
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire TK; Kinesis Advantage
VR HMD Quest 2
This is one of very few games that is giving me motion sickness, can't play it for more than 40 minutes before feeling sick. Would love "native" a FOV slider in this game, as I'm not a big fan of modding my games to play them.
My recommendations:
1. Use the setting that makes the reticle always-on.
2. Play in ultrawide, or letterbox your window on 16:9. I prefer 16:9 personally but have a 21:9 screen that I use for games that have HOR+ scaling but no easy FOV adjustment.
3. Avoid sprinting unless it's to move straight ahead.
4. Mod the game, and thank your modder.

In my current playthrough I enjoy the Dad/Son banter. Unfortunately the controls don't feel great: every gamepad or keyboard binding I try still ends with me clicking the wrong actions. And I'm now in the Elven land and the game has just sucked for the last hour: stupid dialog, annoying enemies, small on-rails environments. It crashed on me last night and I doubt I'll go back to it anytime soon.

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
My recommendations:
1. Use the setting that makes the reticle always-on.
2. Play in ultrawide, or letterbox your window on 16:9. I prefer 16:9 personally but have a 21:9 screen that I use for games that have HOR+ scaling but no easy FOV adjustment.
3. Avoid sprinting unless it's to move straight ahead.
4. Mod the game, and thank your modder.

In my current playthrough I enjoy the Dad/Son banter. Unfortunately the controls don't feel great: every gamepad or keyboard binding I try still ends with me clicking the wrong actions. And I'm now in the Elven land and the game has just sucked for the last hour: stupid dialog, annoying enemies, small on-rails environments. It crashed on me last night and I doubt I'll go back to it anytime soon.
It's crazy to here you say all of this. I've had no crashes or stutter since launch. I'm playing at 4k ultra with 5950x 6900xt combo. I didn't bench to see my actual fps but i can definitely feel the difference. I also have the ps5 booted up with gow on a tv literally 2ft away and can feel the difference between the two games. I do understand that different hardware may present different result but your experience does not equal the majority. I'm sorry that you're having these issues but your op of the game also is not of the majority, the game does not suck... it just suck that most of the good ish is either end game late or after you beat the game.

237domingo

It's crazy to here you say all of this. I've had no crashes or stutter since launch. I'm playing at 4k ultra with 5950x 6900xt combo. I didn't bench to see my actual fps but i can definitely feel the difference. I also have the ps5 booted up with gow on a tv literally 2ft away and can feel the difference between the two games. I do understand that different hardware may present different result but your experience does not equal the majority. I'm sorry that you're having these issues but your op of the game also is not of the majority, the game does not suck... it just suck that most of the good ish is either end game late or after you beat the game.
"you have no crashes or stutter since launch..." have you read change log of the seven updates since the launch... 7 updates!! here is the thread of developpers on steam
and you play at 4k ultra... with a 6900xt... plus a ps5 near! you are clearly not the majority of player! Go to the steam database! I'm sorry that you're having such a good time but your op of the game also is not of the majority, the game does suck... it just doesn't suck when you have to have a 5950x 6900xt combo and you end game or beat the game. [sarcastic mode off]
Stop being a cratos/sony fanboy for one minute, gow pc memory management has been a problem since day one. It uses hell of memory for merly nothing on screen. there are plenty of new games that out perform gow pc with better graphics. How do they implement LOD? How do they splice their scene? I remember a cave in nilfheim where you get different framerate depending on the direction you look at. You move the camera left you get 60ish you move right you get 25 and then 5s late the fps increase to 35 and so on.Just imagine the nightmare when ennemies pop up. Luckily this place was just for loot! I skipped that non sense. I can understand that the game has low fps or low visual because of low memory but this game is become unstable. This is what a well optimised game must do: stay playable under difficult circumstances! not the opposite! And the dev know that! This is why they have 7 patches in 1 month!
But there are good points: most cinematics and boss fight are fluid. but the rest is average for me! the looting part is discouraging because of those fuc*king frames drop. because of that inconsistency, I was obliged to play with fps overlay always on, as soon as it start dropping I leave the area and I go else where in the game or i stop the game then i restart! How the hell can you enjoy that. I don't even remember cratos combo... I'm going to install the update and see if it's better now...

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
AMD provided an optimised driver for this game. Curious that the performance of AMD cards is not on par with Nvidia cards. Usually an optimised driver gives better results.
It is an NV sponsored game (on PC)

This is one of very few games that is giving me motion sickness, can't play it for more than 40 minutes before feeling sick. Would love "native" a FOV slider in this game, as I'm not a big fan of modding my games to play them.
Curious, never had it (although, played on a 65" TV)

System Name Cyberdyne Systems Core
Processor AMD Sceptre 9 3950x Quantum neural processor (384 nodes)
Motherboard Cyberdyne X1470
Cooling Cyberdyne Superconduct SC5600
Memory 128TB QRAM
Storage SK 16EB NVMe PCI-E 9.0 x8
Display(s) Multiple LG C9 3D Matrix OLED Cube
Software Skysoft Skynet
I mean it's gonna be pretty different. There is no PS5 version so it's just running the PS4 game in PS4 Pro mode. Would be interesting to see a PS5 version but I doubt it will ever happen. Best we could ever hope for is what a few games get, a PS5 optimized patch.

System Name Blackwidow/
Processor Ryzen 5950x / Threadripper 3960x
Motherboard Asus x570 Crosshair viii impact/ Asus Zenith ii Extreme
Cooling Ek 240Aio/Custom watercooling
Memory 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ Crucial Ballistix / 32gb ddr4 3600MHZ G.Skill TridentZ Royal
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6900xt/ XFX 6800xt
Storage WD SN850 1TB boot / Samsung 970 evo+ 1tb boot, 6tb WD SN750
Display(s) Sony A80J / Dual LG 27gl850
Case Cooler Master NR200P/ 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) On board/ Soundblaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair SF750w/ Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000w
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate wireless/ Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL/ Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Win 10 Pro
"you have no crashes or stutter since launch..." have you read change log of the seven updates since the launch... 7 updates!! here is the thread of developpers on steam
and you play at 4k ultra... with a 6900xt... plus a ps5 near! you are clearly not the majority of player! Go to the steam database! I'm sorry that you're having such a good time but your op of the game also is not of the majority, the game does suck... it just doesn't suck when you have to have a 5950x 6900xt combo and you end game or beat the game. [sarcastic mode off]
Stop being a cratos/sony fanboy for one minute, gow pc memory management has been a problem since day one. It uses hell of memory for merly nothing on screen. there are plenty of new games that out perform gow pc with better graphics. How do they implement LOD? How do they splice their scene? I remember a cave in nilfheim where you get different framerate depending on the direction you look at. You move the camera left you get 60ish you move right you get 25 and then 5s late the fps increase to 35 and so on.Just imagine the nightmare when ennemies pop up. Luckily this place was just for loot! I skipped that non sense. I can understand that the game has low fps or low visual because of low memory but this game is become unstable. This is what a well optimised game must do: stay playable under difficult circumstances! not the opposite! And the dev know that! This is why they have 7 patches in 1 month!
But there are good points: most cinematics and boss fight are fluid. but the rest is average for me! the looting part is discouraging because of those fuc*king frames drop. because of that inconsistency, I was obliged to play with fps overlay always on, as soon as it start dropping I leave the area and I go else where in the game or i stop the game then i restart! How the hell can you enjoy that. I don't even remember cratos combo... I'm going to install the update and see if it's better now...
I never said I'm the majority. I just spoke of my experience, is it so wrong to do that here on tpu... if so bring me back to the early 2000s when this site wasn't so touchy. My cpu/gpu combo has got nothing to do with it either because my lesser spec'd pc is smooth as well.