• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hot CPUs and longevity

System Name CyberPowerPC ET8070
Processor Intel Core i5-10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC-Y1
Memory 2 x Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Storage Boot: Intel OPTANE SSD P1600X Series 118GB M.2 PCIE
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply EVGA 500W1 (modified to have two bridge rectifiers)
Software Windows 11 Home
System Name Om Namah Shivay
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900x
Motherboard Asrock X670E Steel Legend
Cooling NZXT Kraken X63
Memory Corsair Vengeance 2X16GB DDR5 6000MHz ( At stock JEDEC 4800 MHz)
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Fan AMD Radeon RX 6700XT
Storage 500 GB Crucial P5 Plus; 1TB Crucial P5 Plus; 1TB HDD: 2TB Adata S7 Blade; 1TB Crucial MX500;
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G4 25" (Primary); Samsung S19B150 (secondary display)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Razer Blackshark V2
Power Supply ASUS Thor 850P 80 Plus Platinum
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 (Productivity); Razer Viper 8kHz (Secondary)
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Can it run Crysis?
Absolutely, and capacitors are high on the list, but I was considering the effect of temperature on the GPU
but I should add temperature failure of RAM; perhaps in this case it is less so due to cycling.

I have brought back two cards by reflow with flux
Video Card Reflow | Electronics Repair And Technology News Video Card Reflow (jestineyong.com)
some people bake the whole card without flux but to me this is at best a temporary repair and
more likely to destory it beyond repair.
Honestly if I had the time I would solder each of the SMDs and THTs by myself but there are too many of them and using a heat gun may also damage the pcb and its very thin traces and this can also sometimes damage temperature sensitive components like memory modules and regulators.

I agree except for the fan's they don't notice until they melt, mine has had no fans on since day 1 with a waterblock on without issue.
But it doesn't sense a fan fail.
I meant if the GCs were solely air cooled. I have had an air cooled GC fail because one of the fans stopped working and some of the components got damaged due to overheating.