• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP laptop upgrade ZBook G2 k4100 to Nvidia GTX 1070m and EliteBook 8770 (a few laptops)

Not starting at all doesn't sound good. Hope the instruction is clear as to what to do.

pawelnrg

8770w staring but screen not coming on, then switch off after 5 second. After 2 attempts radiator go warm.

Wouldn't have thought there would be a big power draw at startup except for a very short inrush but I've never measured it. Maybe someone with a WireView or similar would comment?

pawelnrg

Possible for that reason... i like to try play with bios as You suggest couple month ago.
Does "nvflash --save rom.ifr" save an inforom for you? Extension .ifr is important, name can usually be whatever. If you can would you mind attaching it?
I follow this and I have bios file I hope is possible to reduce power consumption of that card. To like under 100W = 95W or 90?.
And need some suggestion how to use put back to card modified file. I hope :D:D find some time to help my. I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• rom.rar
    176 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited: