• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Core i7-10700K and i5-10600K Geekbenched, Inch Ahead of 3800X and 3600X

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Were all different, and our uses and reasons are ,my pc is on all day everyday for example with as high a load as my cooling system will support, others are similar, the large majority of pc user's don't care I agree.
But as far as simplifying everyone into one bracket, that's a stretch IMHO.

I've paid about £30-50 for pc power alone for years and at one point 20 times that amount.

But some do not care indeed.

Did you just virtue signal?

In my experience the type of people who legitimately care about power draw do not hang out here, nor in other similar sites. You'll find them in the forums on the specific applications they are using, because they are pros in those areas (rendering, video editing, AI/distributed computing, etc) and their ability to make a living is directly tied to their skill in those apps - not by perusing hardware tech forums. They also don't use consumer grade midrange desktop chips in their workstations.

Saving time is always more important to someone using their PC to make a living, which is why I question the veracity of someone who cares how much power an i5 / i7 or similar desktop chips draws.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Did you just virtue signal?

In my experience the type of people who legitimately care about power draw do not hang out here, nor in other similar sites. You'll find them in the forums on the specific applications they are using, because they are pros in those areas (rendering, video editing, AI/distributed computing, etc) and their ability to make a living is directly tied to their skill in those apps - not by perusing hardware tech forums. They also don't use consumer grade midrange desktop chips in their workstations.

Saving time is always more important to someone using their PC to make a living, which is why I question the veracity of someone who cares how much power an i5 / i7 or similar desktop chips draws.
As I implied previously it's not wise to assume you know how I and others use hardware, I have no workstation, see my label's below for a clue.
As for your slur if you want to discuss with me about virtue signalling pm me for the verbose offensive reply, I was mearly defending my opinion by describing my thoughts due to costs.

And Also I put plain enough I agree the majority don't care , that's ok but that's not everyone like you said.

I care what I spend on anything I buy ,am I weird?, I doubt I'm alone.

There's a awful lot of folders new to this due to covid that are about to understand their computers power use per bill period:).

If they are as you say they we're, unconcerned before.

Last edited:
System Name THE FORTRESS
Processor INTEL CORE i7-10700K
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling BE QUIET DARK ROCK 4
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 970 PRO 1TB - CRUCIAL X8 SSD 1TB - ADATA HD770G 1TB
Display(s) SAMSUNG QA65Q7FN 4K 65 INCH TV (120HZ @ 1440p IN PC MODE)
Case BE QUIET DARK BASE PRO 900 REVISION 2
Audio Device(s) SOUND BLASTERX AE-5 - LOGITECH Z-5500 SPEAKERS - SENNHEISER HD598SE CANS
Power Supply SEASONIC PRIME 750W PLATINUM
Mouse RAZER DEATHADDER ELITE
Keyboard LOGITECH K800
Software WIN10 PRO 64
Benchmark Scores STABILITY SILENCE... SPEED
Can't say money is a factor for me, it's like a hobby, you don't care about value, you just want it perfect

System Name MacBook Pro 16"
Processor M1 Pro
Memory 16GB unified memory
Storage 1 TB
In reality those test don't mean nothing and I don't think anybody cares at all except the rumor sites that look for such information. At the end of the day good optimization and low temps are the most important factor. I wanna run something powerful without using custom water cooling like it's 2012.

System Name THE FORTRESS
Processor INTEL CORE i7-10700K
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling BE QUIET DARK ROCK 4
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO 8GB
Storage SAMSUNG 970 PRO 1TB - CRUCIAL X8 SSD 1TB - ADATA HD770G 1TB
Display(s) SAMSUNG QA65Q7FN 4K 65 INCH TV (120HZ @ 1440p IN PC MODE)
Case BE QUIET DARK BASE PRO 900 REVISION 2
Audio Device(s) SOUND BLASTERX AE-5 - LOGITECH Z-5500 SPEAKERS - SENNHEISER HD598SE CANS
Power Supply SEASONIC PRIME 750W PLATINUM
Mouse RAZER DEATHADDER ELITE
Keyboard LOGITECH K800
Software WIN10 PRO 64
Benchmark Scores STABILITY SILENCE... SPEED
Speaking of heat 7nm is a wonderful achievement, but lets not make out they are running cool, far from it

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
In reality those test don't mean nothing and I don't think anybody cares at all except the rumor sites that look for such information. At the end of the day good optimization and low temps are the most important factor. I wanna run something powerful without using custom water cooling like it's 2012.

Have to agree with this in essence. Most benchmarks are being used because they are free, but these only test one aspect of a system. In this case, geekbench is of course entirely about the CPU itself. But very few real-world workflows just use the CPU. CPU is fine and all, but in the real world it can be crippled by a crap chipset or inefficient use of RAM.

I much prefer to see PCMark for a system. However, that bench costs money, and requires anyone using it to have knowledge the overall system build when comparing. It's reputation was hurt by some really stupid testing methodologies in the past - like people comparing a 16Gig RAM system to an 8Gig RAM system, or systems with an SSD to ones with an HDD, then using those results to talk about CPU or GPU.

That said, if you want to see how your *entire* build compares in an series of real-world uses, it's the best I know of.