• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel's Core i7-7740K Kaby Lake-X Benchmarks Surface

Hey, guys. Just to let you know that your comments don't fall in a bottomless pit of news editing and editorialism.

Not my best work, and not only do I understand where most of you are coming from, I agree with most of what has been said. Slight side-line in this article - the delivery wasn't as sound as it could have been. And those parentheticals and run-in-sentences could have been avoided.

Anyway, problem acknowledged, and rest assured this will inform future articles. Piece by piece we'll reach an agreement between editor and TPUers =)
I'm glad that TPU (and you) listen to feedback. Feels good to hear.

nuwb

There has been an answer to your question already regarding this issue. While I am ignorant in many aspects of this world (as in, not knowing everything), if latest information bears fruit, these will be repackaged consumer processors, which do carry the IGP. Hence the referral. So as you see, the snark has basis. Even if it could've been delivered in other ways. Thanks for commenting.

So you are saying a cut down 7700K can somehow, as you stated in the original, "deliver a quad-channel memory controller as well"? Because if the 7740K was quad-channel, it is much more likely that they would do as I said and just use a cut down part of a hexacore die like they did with 3820/4820K.

Now it might be the case that it is a cut down 7700K, and if you followed a little more closely you would have seen I'd found out as much, but if so, it will be almost certainly not be quad-channel as you stated. So either way it plays out, there's a good bit of misinformation in the original. It's clear to me, anyway, that you still don't quite yet understand the different dies and creation of SKUs from them. Maybe a half-baked understanding is the bar you set for yourself to take an editorial bias, but I think it's a lot safer to simply not take a stance. To your credit, it looks like you've admitted as much and kudos for listening!

Last edited: