• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jittery/Unsmooth camera movement in games

Benjji

Hi, ive been having some issues recently, (started mid december 2023) where when moving the camera in games it doesnt feel fluid at all. it feels as if the frames are skipping even though frame counters say different. In game (Warframe) and RTSS both show the frame rate and frame times to be stable. ive even bought a new monitor (G2724D) thinking it was an freesync/gsync compatibility issue as i was using an AOC CQ32G1 beforehand and that wasnt verified as gsync compatible. ive tried different cables, different ports and even sent it into a local repair shop and they said they couldnt find an issue. Ive asked family members and they say that they cannot see what im talking about. The only thing i could really think of it being now is either an electrical issue (poor/ no grounding/dirty electricity/ a short). Although i have tried buying a new APC branded surge protected extension cord. Or a component issue, which could be the PSU, Graphics card, RAM, Motherboard or Peripherals.
Im leaning more towards an power supply/electrical issue as my case screws gave me an electrical shock earlier in the day.(was unable to repeat this though) and the fact that the local repair shop didnt see an issue.
I have however had problems with the RAM in my system,specifically when training the RAM it has to be in a certain order as the ram versions are different. (v3.33 and v3.34 if i recall correctly)but if it was this i wouldve felt this issue alot earlier.I dont think its a driver/OS problem as ive Reinstalled windows (through the reboot option in settings) and Used DDU multiple times to uninstall drivers (without internet) and reinstall them.
The GPU was second hand (bought of ebay around may 2023) and had to have its thermal pads replaced. (By the same shop, but owners have switched since then) there does seem to be some blueish marks inside the ports of the card (image of one attached) could it be that which is causing the problem?
SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3d
RAM:32 Corsair vengence rgb pro 3600 mhz. (bought two 2x8 packs seperately)
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
PSU: Corsair RM850e (2022)
GPU: Nvidia 3090 Founders edition
MONITORS USED: AOC CQ32G1, ASUS G2724D,AOC C32G1
STORAGE: WD BLUE SN550 NVME (bought during original build of pc back in 2019, has OS on), Samsung 860 evo 1TB Samsung 870 2TB QVO and a WD blue 2tb 7200 rpm hard drive
The issue is alot more noticable in Warframe than league of legends, either because of lower power draw or how the camera works in MOBAs
I do use two monitors and usually also do have a video running on that monitor, either youtube (firefox) or a video playing from a folder. (k-lite codec). Ive tried turning off hardware acceleration, (both in windows and in firefox) ive tried turning game mode off, turning MPO off, Turning Ftpm off, Using Nvidia Profileinspector to change the monitor from single to multi-display,Tried mulitple antivirus full scans, (windows defender, Kapersky,Rogue killer)
Doesnt seem to be an heat issue as CPU and GPU stays below throttling temps, around 40c on CPU and 50-60 on GPU core and around 90ish on GPU memory. the CPU does sometimes drop its boost clock and pick it back up but ive only seen it do it on desktop.
Sorry if this seems a bit nonsensical and poorly formatted as due to mental health issues this issue has been causing me alot of stress and anxiety, any help or information on this topic will be hugely appreicated.
Edit: Motherboard is on latest BIOS, I have the most recent chipset drivers from AMDS website, (not MSI which has a more recent version) and i have the most recent 3090 Game ready drivers. (used DDU to uninstall 537.58) i have both the AOC CQ32G1 and DELL G2724D monitor drivers installed.
peripherals: Mizar 60% keyboard (could be this as the company who made it seems defunct and the software hasnt been updated since around 2020-2021)
Glorious Model D mouse,TP-Link UB400 driverless bluetooth adapter, and a fifine T669 USB microphone.
ive had these peripherals for a while so it probably isnt them but thought i would add them anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Download MSI afterburner and turn on the frame time graph in the overlay.

At the very least you'll be able to see what the GPU is outputting and any stuttering or uneven frame delivery will show as a spiky mess. If the frame time graph is a relatively smooth line and you're still convinced the camera movement is janky, you could have a monitor issue (clearly not the physical monitor as you've tried several - but a resolution/refresh issue caused by custom resolutions set at the OS level with utilities like CRU or similar?), or you could simply have some mouse smoothing enabled at game or driver level that is filtering input at the wrong framerate. One culprit is 125Hz mouse polling on a 144Hz display. the desync between those two is pretty horrible.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cleaned the laser on the mouse with a soft cloth and some distilled water ?.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
Hi, ive been having some issues recently, (started mid december 2023) where when moving the camera in games it doesnt feel fluid at all. it feels as if the frames are skipping even though frame counters say different. In game (Warframe) and RTSS both show the frame rate and frame times to be stable. ive even bought a new monitor (G2724D) thinking it was an freesync/gsync compatibility issue as i was using an AOC CQ32G1 beforehand and that wasnt verified as gsync compatible. ive tried different cables, different ports and even sent it into a local repair shop and they said they couldnt find an issue. Ive asked family members and they say that they cannot see what im talking about. The only thing i could really think of it being now is either an electrical issue (poor/ no grounding/dirty electricity/ a short). Although i have tried buying a new APC branded surge protected extension cord. Or a component issue, which could be the PSU, Graphics card, RAM, Motherboard or Peripherals.
Im leaning more towards an power supply/electrical issue as my case screws gave me an electrical shock earlier in the day.(was unable to repeat this though) and the fact that the local repair shop didnt see an issue.
I have however had problems with the RAM in my system,specifically when training the RAM it has to be in a certain order as the ram versions are different. (v3.33 and v3.34 if i recall correctly)but if it was this i wouldve felt this issue alot earlier.I dont think its a driver/OS problem as ive Reinstalled windows (through the reboot option in settings) and Used DDU multiple times to uninstall drivers (without internet) and reinstall them.
The GPU was second hand (bought of ebay around may 2023) and had to have its thermal pads replaced. (By the same shop, but owners have switched since then) there does seem to be some blueish marks inside the ports of the card (image of one attached) could it be that which is causing the problem?
SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3d
RAM:32 Corsair vengence rgb pro 3600 mhz. (bought two 2x8 packs seperately)
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
PSU: Corsair RM850e (2022)
GPU: Nvidia 3090 Founders edition
MONITORS USED: AOC CQ32G1, ASUS G2724D,AOC C32G1
STORAGE: WD BLUE SN550 NVME (bought during original build of pc back in 2019, has OS on), Samsung 860 evo 1TB Samsung 870 2TB QVO and a WD blue 2tb 7200 rpm hard drive
The issue is alot more noticable in Warframe than league of legends, either because of lower power draw or how the camera works in MOBAs
I do use two monitors and usually also do have a video running on that monitor, either youtube (firefox) or a video playing from a folder. (k-lite codec). Ive tried turning off hardware acceleration, (both in windows and in firefox) ive tried turning game mode off, turning MPO off, Turning Ftpm off, Using Nvidia Profileinspector to change the monitor from single to multi-display,Tried mulitple antivirus full scans, (windows defender, Kapersky,Rogue killer)
Doesnt seem to be an heat issue as CPU and GPU stays below throttling temps, around 40c on CPU and 50-60 on GPU core and around 90ish on GPU memory. the CPU does sometimes drop its boost clock and pick it back up but ive only seen it do it on desktop.
Sorry if this seems a bit nonsensical and poorly formatted as due to mental health issues this issue has been causing me alot of stress and anxiety, any help or information on this topic will be hugely appreicated.

G-sync Compatible (Freesync [Premium]) is not actually functional unless manually enabled on non-Nvidia approved monitors. NVCP > Set up G-SYNC > Enable settings for the selected display model.

Not all games work with VRR out of the box either due to their not having a true fullscreen implementation or at least one that works with MPO, Unity having been being a notorious culprit in past years but a bit better nowadays. Enable the G-SYNC indicator (NVCP > click on any category under Display > Display dropdown on the toolbar at the top > G-SYNC Compatible indicator. If the green indicator is not showing up at the top right corner in-game, VRR is not working.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
If you feel a buzz or electrical tingle when touching the case, you are correct to suspect electrical issues. However, it is not likely the power supply - at least not for that issue. The power supply is grounded to the case in at least a dozen locations. Remember, the metal case of the PSU butts up against the metal computer case. Then there are 4 PSU mounting screws, each providing a ground path and ensuring the PSU case and computer case are in very close contact. Then there is at least one ground connection, typically multiple ground connections through each and every power cable to the connected components which are grounded to the case and/or motherboard at multiple points. And of course, the motherboard itself is grounded to the computer case through every standoff and through dozens of points in the case's rear panel I/O area.

So, if you feel a buzz/tingle when touching the case, then more likely the problem is your facility ground, or the path from the computer to it.

You need to verify you are providing a good path to "Earth" ground. Every home and every computer user should have access to a AC Outlet Tester to ensure the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded to Earth ground. I recommend one with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) indicator as it can be used to test bathroom and kitchen outlets (outlets near water) too. These testers can be found for your type and voltage outlet, foreign or domestic, (like this one for the UK, or this one for German outlets) at most home improvement stores, or even the electrical department at Wal-Mart. Use it to test all the outlets in the home and if a fault is shown, have it fixed by a qualified electrician.

If your wall outlet is good, then plug the tester into your surge protector. It should still be correct. Also note the power cord supplied with most power supplies are cheap and flimsy and most likely are NEVER checked for quality before leaving the factory. Try a different one.

Also note all the components in your system should be powered through the same wall outlet. Otherwise, because each wall outlet is different and provides a different path to Earth ground, there could be a "difference in potential" between the computer and other component connected to the different outlet. This difference in potential could be the cause of that "buzz" or "tingle". Such differences are also the cause for unwanted EMI/RFI issues.

If everything with your facility power checks out okay, then I recommend you swap in a known good power supply. Do this before replacing anything else since EVERYTHING inside the computer case depends on good, clean stable power. If, after swapping in a known good supply you still have the same issues, then you have at least eliminated power as the cause.

Benjji

Cleaned the laser on the mouse with a soft cloth and some distilled water
Ive used a microfibre cloth to clean/move any hairs or dust particles in my Glorious Model D and doesnt seem to make it any better sadly

G-sync Compatible (Freesync [Premium]) is not actually functional unless manually enabled on non-Nvidia approved monitors. NVCP > Set up G-SYNC > Enable settings for the selected display model.

Not all games work with VRR out of the box either due to their not having a true fullscreen implementation or at least one that works with MPO, Unity having been being a notorious culprit in past years but a bit better nowadays. Enable the G-SYNC indicator (NVCP > click on any category under Display > Display dropdown on the toolbar at the top > G-SYNC Compatible indicator. If the green indicator is not showing up at the top right corner in-game, VRR is not working.
just tried this and Gsync is enabled in game (warframe)

Download MSI afterburner and turn on the frame time graph in the overlay.

At the very least you'll be able to see what the GPU is outputting and any stuttering or uneven frame delivery will show as a spiky mess. If the frame time graph is a relatively smooth line and you're still convinced the camera movement is janky, you could have a monitor issue (clearly not the physical monitor as you've tried several - but a resolution/refresh issue caused by custom resolutions set at the OS level with utilities like CRU or similar?), or you could simply have some mouse smoothing enabled at game or driver level that is filtering input at the wrong framerate. One culprit is 125Hz mouse polling on a 144Hz display. the desync between those two is pretty horrible.
i ran Afterburner for a bit and its consistent with the in game framerate/frametime overlay (warframe) and my mouse is set at 1000Hz polling rate through the Glorious Model D software. mouse acceleration is also turned off in mouse settings
Edit: forgot to mention that the frametimes are very slightly unstable. (going up and down like 0.1ms) i will try to get some logs for this

If you feel a buzz or electrical tingle when touching the case, you are correct to suspect electrical issues. However, it is not likely the power supply - at least not for that issue. The power supply is grounded to the case in at least a dozen locations. Remember, the metal case of the PSU butts up against the metal computer case. Then there are 4 PSU mounting screws, each providing a ground path and ensuring the PSU case and computer case are in very close contact. Then there is at least one ground connection, typically multiple ground connections through each and every power cable to the connected components which are grounded to the case and/or motherboard at multiple points. And of course, the motherboard itself is grounded to the computer case through every standoff and through dozens of points in the case's rear panel I/O area.

So, if you feel a buzz/tingle when touching the case, then more likely the problem is your facility ground, or the path from the computer to it.

You need to verify you are providing a good path to "Earth" ground. Every home and every computer user should have access to a AC Outlet Tester to ensure the wall outlet is properly wired and grounded to Earth ground. I recommend one with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) indicator as it can be used to test bathroom and kitchen outlets (outlets near water) too. These testers can be found for your type and voltage outlet, foreign or domestic, (like this one for the UK, or this one for German outlets) at most home improvement stores, or even the electrical department at Wal-Mart. Use it to test all the outlets in the home and if a fault is shown, have it fixed by a qualified electrician.

If your wall outlet is good, then plug the tester into your surge protector. It should still be correct. Also note the power cord supplied with most power supplies are cheap and flimsy and most likely are NEVER checked for quality before leaving the factory. Try a different one.

Also note all the components in your system should be powered through the same wall outlet. Otherwise, because each wall outlet is different and provides a different path to Earth ground, there could be a "difference in potential" between the computer and other component connected to the different outlet. This difference in potential could be the cause of that "buzz" or "tingle". Such differences are also the cause for unwanted EMI/RFI issues.

If everything with your facility power checks out okay, then I recommend you swap in a known good power supply. Do this before replacing anything else since EVERYTHING inside the computer case depends on good, clean stable power. If, after swapping in a known good supply you still have the same issues, then you have at least eliminated power as the cause.
could a faulty plug socket or faulty cables cause this or a grounding problem in general? i have two broken sockets in my house that needs fixing, could this contribute? they have been broken for a while though, longer than ive had this issue. i have just swapped around my set up and where stuff is plugged in. before there was 2 extension cables plugged into the outlet closest to me. (not the damaged but there is one with the casing damaged in the same room) and the surge protection indication light wasnt on, so i removed that extension cable and plugged the pc directly into the wall with the rest of the sockets going into the recently purchased, and known good APC surge protection extension cable. i will try to get ahold of an electrician who can test each of the sockets directly.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
could a faulty plug socket or faulty cables cause this or a grounding problem in general?
Yes and yes. A faulty/broken socket could indeed result in a bad ground at that socket. But a grounding problem in general for the entire house is definitely possible too - and potentially dangerous, especially with outlets around water, like the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room. So again, get a tester and if a problem, have it fixed - sooner rather than later.

i have two broken sockets in my house that needs fixing, could this contribute?
It is unlikely (but not impossible) a broken outlet in another room, for example, affects the outlet your computer is plugged into UNLESS they happen to be on the same circuit. Again, get one of those testers.
i will try to get ahold of an electrician who can test each of the sockets directly.
You can certainly do that. Just make sure he/she is a qualified and certified electrician. But note he/she will likely use one of those testers initially too - but charge you to test each outlet. If you buy a tester yourself, you can verify the outlet is good or bad yourself. You can also use the tester to test outlets in family's houses, neighbors, or your next homes for years to come.

I have two testers - one I keep by my workbench, the other I keep in my tool bag in my truck that I take on every house call.

Benjji

Yes and yes. A faulty/broken socket could indeed result in a bad ground at that socket. But a grounding problem in general for the entire house is definitely possible too - and potentially dangerous, especially with outlets around water, like the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room. So again, get a tester and if a problem, have it fixed - sooner rather than later.

It is unlikely (but not impossible) a broken outlet in another room, for example, affects the outlet your computer is plugged into UNLESS they happen to be on the same circuit. Again, get one of those testers.

You can certainly do that. Just make sure he/she is a qualified and certified electrician. But note he/she will likely use one of those testers initially too - but charge you to test each outlet. If you buy a tester yourself, you can verify the outlet is good or bad yourself. You can also use the tester to test outlets in family's houses, neighbors, or your next homes for years to come.

I have two testers - one I keep by my workbench, the other I keep in my tool bag in my truck that I take on every house call.
Thanks for the info, ill start looking into a wall outlet tester on amazon and see if i can get any next day deliverys on a good one. im gonna also try some of the suggestions on this post on Blurbusters
https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12955 although they seem to have a stutter instead of general choppy gameplay like i do, ill still try the suggestions that were given. like moving around cables or checking conectivity on PSU cables. (could be this as my cable management is pretty messy inside my pc)

System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 32 GB Team Force DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color RX 7900 XT Red Devil
Storage 2x 1TB SSD / NVME
Display(s) AOpen 27in 1440p 170hz (27HC5UR)
Case Modified Corsair 540 Air
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 / Corsair HS80
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair Strafe Silent
Software Win 11 Home (Modded)
Benchmark Scores It will beat a snail in a down hill race.
I've been having the same issue lately. I did just upgrade my copy of Windows 10 to Windows 11, I was thinking of blowing out the computer and starting fresh to see if it continues.

I should add, that I have updated the BIOS and Chipset drivers as they are fairly recent.
I am also using the new 23.40 preview drivers from AMD. So I have a few things to work through to narrow down my cause.

Benjji

I've been having the same issue lately. I did just upgrade my copy of Windows 10 to Windows 11, I was thinking of blowing out the computer and starting fresh to see if it continues.
yeah this problem only started mid december last year for me, around the 18th. built the pc originally around the end of 2019

System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Cooling Corsair H100i
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
What is that picture of? Because that looks like corrosion from water damage? May need to clean the crap out of that connector.

Also, my stutter doesn't happen on every game or all the time.

Benjji

What is that picture of? Because that looks like corrosion from water damage? May need to clean the crap out of that connector.

Also, my stutter doesn't happen on every game or all the time.
picture is of the inside of the display port of my graphics card. all have that blueish tinge, i dont have any isopropyl alcohol to clean it currently unfortunately, and my stutter doesnt seem to every game either. its alot more noticeable in faster games like warframe when moving the camera, but is still sometimes noticable in league of legends, albeit alot less noticable cause of how the camera works in mobas. And as for when it happens, its seemingly more apparent in earlier hours? 10am-10pm for example, although that could purely be in my head.

System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Cooling Corsair H100i
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
picture is of the inside of the display port of my graphics card. all have that blueish tinge, i dont have any isopropyl alcohol to clean it currently unfortunately, and my stutter doesnt seem to every game either. its alot more noticeable in faster games like warframe when moving the camera, but is still sometimes noticable in league of legends, albeit alot less noticable cause of how the camera works in mobas. And as for when it happens, its seemingly more apparent in earlier hours? 10am-10pm for example, although that could purely be in my head.

Thats a 12 hour window for "early hours" lol.. I would get that connector cleaned asap. That could be your issue, since on "faster" games I would assume the graphics card is pushing more bandwidth thru the port. ( I could be wrong ) But I would clean those connectors on the card and cable.

Benjji

Thats a 12 hour window for "early hours" lol.. I would get that connector cleaned asap. That could be your issue, since on "faster" games I would assume the graphics card is pushing more bandwidth thru the port. ( I could be wrong ) But I would clean those connectors on the card and cable.
yeah i meant more daylight hours lmao, i didnt really word it that well, and as for the connectors, im gonna try and purchase some isopropyl alcohol off amazon for next day delivery.
I have also been having this specific error message everytime i start a game since december, or atleast i think since december because ive reinstalled windows recently and it wiped the event viewer logs.

Attachments

• 1705694625993.png
    1705694625993.png
    8 KB · Views: 48
System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Cooling Corsair H100i
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
I would turn of Game Mode in windows. It doesnt help and in some cases makes the games perform worse.

Benjji

could this stand off cause any problems? seems to be on the case itself (nzxt h510) also pretty sure its been like that since i first built it. just gonna ask this just incase

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 68
System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Cooling Corsair H100i
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
I wouldnt think so. Looks like a screw is broke off in it. I mean, if all else fails.

Benjji

Seems like my cpu cores (specificially core 4 and 7) are spiking randomly. this was whilst playing League of legends, happens also on desktop and in warframe.
i do have a -25 all pbo curve optimiser set through the BIOS, could that cause the specific cpu cores to spike? ive just turned it off

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-20 002844.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 002844.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2024-01-20 003159.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 003159.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 50
System Name Keds
Processor 5600X3D
Cooling Corsair H100i
Power Supply EVGA 850GQ
Mouse Corsair M65
core spikes are normal. Thats the game loading new info and the cpu processing/fetching it.. and as for the PBO, I use a software version, since I have an x470 board, the PBO is disabled on it for the x3d chips. but I run a -20 on all cores.

Did you test your -25 for stability? per core? might try backing that off to -20 and see if that helps. -25 for me drops my Cinebench scores by 200 points..

Last edited:

Benjji

seems like this issue is affecting a few different people recently, been seeing a couple reports of this issue on posts between december 2023 and january 2024. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...te-made-os-sluggish-and-games-lag/m-p/4007705 might have to do a full reinstall instead of only going through the reset option in windows settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/17ytpxr theres this post aswell

just used this to test https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VFRQ733/ref=dp_prsubs_3? a couple sockets and test the RCD(by accident, didnt fully read the manual before pressing the RCD switch which gave me quite a fright lol) thankfully it tripped successfully, the lights shown that it was wired successfully but the voltage was an inconsistent 240v (fluctuated between 239/238 in socket which is plugged into the pc) and was going to 241 on another socket on seemingly the same circuit. (the electronics in that room tripped when the RCD button was pressed on the socket which the pc was plugged into) could that inconsistency cause this issue? even though the indicators shown the wiring/socket was correct?

also got some isopropyl alcohol to clean the inside of the displayport. any recommendations or instructions on how to do this? as im pretty unsure, i do have some q tips to dip in the alcohol, would that be all i need to do? would there be any need to wait for anything to dry?

Just ran latencymon quickly whilst in game for 2ish minutes and the "current measured interrupt to proccess latency" kept spiking, from around 58-90 all the way upto around 260. could that be it?

Probably will need to run it for longer and it other games, as i only ran a quick test whilst on warframe, the camera was also feeling jittery still aswell, although it is still stable fps and frame times. the gpu ms response does spike in game. (seen through warframes ingame fps monitor) the feeling of the camera is hard to explain, it looks smooth on first glance but doesnt feel smooth or if you really try to notice it looks like sort of microstutters. I am thinking my RAM is playing a part in it as turning on my pc after shutting it down a couple hours earlier resulted in a bsod loop. which was caused by an ssd. (which didnt have os on but had the bootloader) unplugging the ssd obviously resulted in it not posting through to windows but after retraining the ram it managed to boot back up fine. with no recovery tool used or anything

even ran an SFC scan after managing to get back onto windows and the diagnostic reporter couldnt find any corrupted files

Im increasing leaning towards it being either a DIMM slot or a RAM issue. as video playback also seem to have a sort of pseudolag. even if its just the browser open the videos also dont seem smooth so it could also be a GPU issue. but Im honestly grasping at straws since i dont really want to bite the bullet just yet on any replacement parts just for the issue to continue happpening.

Its especially noticeable on video playback whenever the camera is panning. its just like how it is ingame, it feels like the frames are skipping during motion. i could be feeling it moreso on videos as they are usually lower framerates

Attachments

• 1705891890477.png
    1705891890477.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 1705891934076.png
    1705891934076.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 1705891961971.png
    1705891961971.png
    168 KB · Views: 30
  • 1705892001809.png
    1705892001809.png
    64 KB · Views: 28
  • 1705892015663.png
    1705892015663.png
    168 KB · Views: 26
  • 1705892043218.png
    1705892043218.png
    287 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Processor 7950X, PBO CO -15
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX (rev. 1.0)
Cooling EVGA CLC 360 w/Arctic P12 PWM PST A-RGB fans
Memory 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-6000J3040G32GA2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070
Storage 970 EVO Plus 2TB x2, 970 EVO 1TB; SATA: 850 EVO 500GB (HDD cache), HDDs: 6TB Seagate, 1TB Samsung
Display(s) ASUS 32" 165Hz IPS (VG32AQL1A), ASUS 27" 144Hz TN (MG278Q)
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Razer BlackShark V2 Pro
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Logitech M720
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R MX
Software Win10 Pro, PrimoCache, VMware Workstation Pro 16
But a grounding problem in general for the entire house is definitely possible too - and potentially dangerous, especially with outlets around water, like the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry room.
I'd take ungrounded GFCI over grounded non-GFCI any day in a kitchen or bathroom for safety. Most kitchen appliances don't even use a grounded plug.

Tomzo22

Were you able to resolve this ?
I am thinking it is an AMD thing cause i started to notice that issue in all my games when i switched from intel 8700k to amd 7800x3d.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Were you able to resolve this ?
I am thinking it is an AMD thing cause i started to notice that issue in all my games when i switched from intel 8700k to amd 7800x3d.
Did you start with a fresh OS?

Turn off TPM

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64