• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Legion Lenovo 7i (i9-14900HX) Undervolting

ChinpoMeister

Hello all,

This is my first time undervolting CPU but i'm not really sure that i'm doing it right. After watching some tutorial and reading advice & configuration from other people in this forum, i finished configure it and test it but it feels like the undervolting is not working (or my conception of undervolting is wrong?...)

I set -140.6 mV for CPU Core and CPU P Cache, -50.8 mV for CPU E Cache. Tried to run Genshin Impact after finish setting, play about 5-10 minutes then i check the temps and everything. Saw that the "Core Thermal Throttling" is enabled and the temps can reach to 100ºC.

My Laptop spec is Lenovo Legion 7i, i9-14900HX, 2 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, RTX 4090

Is there something that i'm missing or anything that should be changed? Any help would be really appreciated :)

Sorry for the bad english too...

Attachments

• FIVR.png
    FIVR.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • TPL.png
    TPL.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ThrottleStop_InGame.png
    ThrottleStop_InGame.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 9
  • HWInfo.png
    HWInfo.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Option.png
    Option.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 8

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
1725035890907.png

The top middle of the FIVR window shows that your computer has enabled Intel Undervolt Protection. That means none of your undervolt requests in ThrottleStop are being used. Look at the FIVR monitoring table. All of the Offset voltages are listed as +0.0000

I am not sure what BIOS version you are using. Do some Google searching. There might be an earlier BIOS version you can use or maybe in the BIOS you have, there might be an option to disable Undervolt Protection. You have to do that before you can undervolt your CPU. Maximum performance cannot be achieved until you do that.