• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian-Li Refuse Warranty over dying RGBs Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
So now youre saying the rgbs will die if used as an intake with a radiator which you HOPE theyve tested AND it takes a random dude online to warn me about premature heat death and peak brightness.. if that is the case DO NOT refuse warranty.

Again you continue to miss the point confirmed by how you replied to the example I made with the car, so I will stop here. You are way too invested in trying to prove your point on a technical level based on your own research. This thread was started to let people know about Lian Li refusing warranty for a faulty product and to possibly obtain further feedback from users who have had a similar reply or experience.

Ive already taken your pointers and the lian li reps advice regarding reducing brightness and using a separate cable for each controller. The bundles being sent will also have a new hub controller so there really isnt any further need to troubleshoot or determine the root cause from my perspective. Because if it happens again I will claim warrantt again until I have to buy new fans that dont sh*t themselves prematurely
Just trying to help out but you can't even check for your own safety, you'd rather argue and gripe about warranty instead of checking your own machine. LEDs don't die, they aren't dead, they fade from heat. You're missing the point of finding out why it even happened in the first place and if its actually preventable from your end or not.

its all 12. Every. Single. Fan... you really think all 12 of the new ones won't do the same if you don't change a thing or even begin to troubleshoot?

I didn't miss the point with the car by the way. There is no limiter telling your engine to stop because its too hot. So you can't claim warranty on an engine that has clearly been abused and overheated because you think its a loophole that the engine makes heat and your particular vehicle model doesn't list heat capacity and you blow it up out of ignorance.

you're arguing with me over your own negligence to help yourself. but whatever, replacing 12 fans and 3 controllers is so much less of a hassle than a heat check, you right.

Last edited:
System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
Just trying to help out but you can't even check for your own safety, you'd rather argue and gripe about warranty instead of checking your own machine. LEDs don't die, they aren't dead, they fade from heat. You're missing the point of finding out why it even happened in the first place and if its actually preventable from your end or not.

its all 12. Every. Single. Fan... you really think all 12 of the new ones won't do the same if you don't change a thing or even begin to troubleshoot?

I didn't miss the point with the car by the way. There is no limiter telling your engine to stop because its too hot. So you can't claim warranty on an engine that has clearly been abused and overheated because you think its a loophole that the engine makes heat and your particular vehicle model doesn't list heat capacity and you blow it up out of ignorance.

you're arguing with me over your own negligence to help yourself.

You still missed it . Ask yourself this, is there a car in existence that doesnt have a redline? Can you imagine what sort of sh!t I could get away with as a consumer if a car didnt have a redline? This is practically where RGBs are at, as far as I'm concerned it is all heresay.

Why do you say negligence when I am already replacing all points of failures, fan ,cable, controller and I argued with a lian li representative to get actual fan replacements. Ive helped myself plenty. You my friend are just obsessed with being right.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit SE
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage Nextorage NE1N 2TB ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 7
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
nope at this price point Lian-Li should be shipping the op 12 new fans
end of story those fans cost a couple dollars each to make and the markup is nuggingfutz
there is no excuse NONE if you can't engineer a product to survive contiunious operation then you should not be selling them. and no I don't care if the op lives in the middle of Death valley

excuses like peak brightness blah blah blah operatating conditions blaH BLAH blah ad infinium don't fly you sold it you warrentee it end of story

You still missed it . Ask yourself this, is there a car in existence that doesnt have a redline? Can you imagine what sort of sh!t I could get away with as a consumer if a car didnt have a redline? This is practically where RGBs are at, as far as I'm concerned it is all heresay.

Why do you say negligence when I am already replacing all points of failures, fan ,cable, controller and I argued with a lian li representative to get actual fan replacements. Ive helped myself plenty. You my friend are just obsessed with being right.
nope doesn't matter the brightness slider goes 0 to 100 if it can't operate at 100% contiuniously that is THEIR problem Not the end user
the car analogy doesn't fly here

this would be like saying well the car makes peak power at redline but you can't use it because .... well redline
utter non-sense

Status
Not open for further replies.