• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Help me alanfox2000, dolby has problems, see the images below, i don't know others have same problem or not, but in my pc new dolby drivers have problems

New updated Dolby UWP Drivers has a problem of High CPU usage & High memory usage, i even reinstalled Windows 10, it same, no difference, same problem
I have highlighted it in image below, see image

Dolby High CPU Usage.png

Dolby Gaming app showing same old driver error, but i did everything correct, i think problem is with new updated drivers

Dolby Gaming UWP.PNG

Last edited:
Help me alanfox2000, dolby has problems, see the images below, i don't know others have same problem or not, but in my pc new dolby drivers have problems

New updated Dolby UWP Drivers has a problem of High CPU usage & High memory usage, i even reinstalled Windows 10, it same, no difference, same problem
I have highlighted it in image below, see image

View attachment 115704

Dolby Gaming app showing same old driver error, but i did everything correct, i think problem is with new updated drivers

View attachment 115703
This issue doesn't happen to me with the latest version of Dolby Atmos speaker system for gaming. I don't how this happens for you.

Last edited:
With the new APO Driver 2.4.0 both Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming & Dolby Atmos for Headphones spartial work perfectly. But something I wonder, when I set the share mode default at studio mode 48kHz 24bit the sound is very weird, the bass were louder and the vocal is not normal because of the bass, but I set down to 48kHz 16bit everything works fine. I have ALC887, running win10 RS5, i use 5.1 analog Soundmax B-10W connect via 3 RCA to 3.5mm on backpanel of the mobo.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
@alanfox2000 You still have that preset that enable headphone effect on any endpoint for Dolby 3.xxxxx.yyy.z? I would like to try it.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
just install dolby atmos speaker system for gaming first. then download dolby access. boom now you have access to the spartial dolby atmos for headphone.
I am not talking about Dolby Atmos for Headphone; I was one of the first to find that method. I am talking about headphone effect for regular stereo content, like the headphone default, small, medium, large that dolby atmos speaker system for gaming provides for headphone users.
I an asking for a modded xml file.

I am not talking about Dolby Atmos for Headphone; I was one of the first to find that method. I am talking about headphone effect for regular stereo content, like the headphone default, small, medium, large that dolby atmos speaker system for gaming provides for headphone users.
I an asking for a modded xml file.
I dont think the atmos for headphone is workingall the time. Its only work when there is a atmos content. You will see the line "Dolby atmos for headphone is in use" when you play the demo content or some media content which support atmos media. Otherwise its wont run and only use the speaker system for gaming setting

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I dont think the atmos for headphone is workingall the time. Its only work when there is a atmos content. You will see the line "Dolby atmos for headphone is in use" when you play the demo content or some media content which support atmos media. Otherwise its wont run and only use the speaker system for gaming setting
Indeed Atmos for Headphone does not work for regular stereo. The dolby atmos speaker system for gaming by itself provides the Dolby Headphone effect. This effect is automatically applied on any headphone endpoint. You will recognise that an endpoint was recognised as headphone when dolby atmos speaker system for gaming displays a headphone icon on top. It is the third button from the left. If it is absent, it is replaced by a non-clickable speaker icon.
On headphone mode, you can click the headphone button to open a window that allows for selection of headphone preset.
Your device must support a headphone endpoint. On realtek, it is most easily done by enabling indepandent output. The headphone out on a laptop is then automatically configured. I do not know the specific procedure for a desktop. Maybe enabling the indepandent out, and then finding whether the front jack or the rear jack is the headphone out.

Indeed Atmos for Headphone does not work for regular stereo. The dolby atmos speaker system for gaming by itself provides the Dolby Headphone effect. This effect is automatically applied on any headphone endpoint. You will recognise that an endpoint was recognised as headphone when dolby atmos speaker system for gaming displays a headphone icon on top. It is the third button from the left. If it is absent, it is replaced by a non-clickable speaker icon.
On headphone mode, you can click the headphone button to open a window that allows for selection of headphone preset.
Your device must support a headphone endpoint. On realtek, it is most easily done by enabling indepandent output. The headphone out on a laptop is then automatically configured. I do not know the specific procedure for a desktop. Maybe enabling the indepandent out, and then finding whether the front jack or the rear jack is the headphone out.
On desktop, its easier, you only need to select the connection to the mobo or front panel is headphone in realtek driver. But i dont know how to make this happen on usb or laptop so I have to rename the preset to make the normal internal speaker or usb headset run the headphone preset.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
On desktop, its easier, you only need to select the connection to the mobo or front panel is headphone in realtek driver. But i dont know how to make this happen on usb or laptop so I have to rename the preset to make the normal internal speaker or usb headset run the headphone preset.
I have one laptop with indepandent input capability. There Headphone mode works.
Another older laptop does not have such a feature. For that one, I am searching an alternative method.

I have one laptop with indepandent input capability. There Headphone mode works.
Another older laptop does not have such a feature. For that one, I am searching an alternative method.
Hmm thats weird. On my laptop, when I plugged in the 3.5mm headphone jack its detected Headphone automatically and switch to headphone mode. Which driver of the audio do your laptop use? Realtek uad or microsoft hdaudio?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hmm thats weird. On my laptop, when I plugged in the 3.5mm headphone jack its detected Headphone automatically and switch to headphone mode. Which driver of the audio do your laptop use? Realtek uad or microsoft hdaudio?
Could you clarify what you mean by headphone mode? do you mean Dolby switch automatically to headphone mode? Or something else?
I did not thoroughly test whether the newer laptop can have Dolby work in HP mode without indepandent input, as I apply different APO settings for the internal laptop speaker and for the headphone out.
The old (westmere era) laptop is limited in not supporting Dolby headphone out.

Could you clarify what you mean by headphone mode? do you mean Dolby switch automatically to headphone mode? Or something else?
I did not thoroughly test whether the newer laptop can have Dolby work in HP mode without indepandent input, as I apply different APO settings for the internal laptop speaker and for the headphone out.
The old (westmere era) laptop is limited in not supporting Dolby headphone out.
Well my laptop is about 5 or 6 years old. In APO its has only 1 endpoint is Realtek. The Dolby app switch automatically from internal speaker to HP mode right at the time I plug in my headphone jack the icon HP in dolby gaming app is show up and i could choose headphone preset.when i plugged out my headphone, its turn back to internal speaker and default preset (no more HP icon in dolby gaming app) my laptop is acer V3 471

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed with RGB
Memory Mushkin DDR4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung QE43Q60B (TV)/1x Samsung S27B80P/1x Hanns-G FHD
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt Pro Gold 80+ 1000W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech MX5500 Revolution
Software Win 11 Pro x64 v24H2

ejhakuncir

halloo..
I just installed Sound Blaster X720, but why is it blank? Or because my sound card doesn't support? I have tried install twice and have followed the tutorial here, and first I download necessary file from here still an error, twice i download from Microsoft store still an error too.
please help. thanks

sorry for my english
ss.png

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
halloo..
I just installed Sound Blaster X720, but why is it blank? Or because my sound card doesn't support? I have tried install twice and have followed the tutorial here, and first I download necessary file from here still an error, twice i download from Microsoft store still an error too.
please help. thanks

sorry for my english View attachment 116378
Did you try to restart? That might fix things.

I really enjoy the QSOUND on my 2.0 setup perfect ear trickery for a stereo speaker setup.

New Harman 2019 Virtual Surround Effect
Require Win8.1+ x64 only, this effect can also apply on microphone
Image 1.png

Last edited: