• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
DTS Ultra uses DTS APO4x files on certain/select systems (hardware dependent, uses certain "license" files created by DTS themselves and will not run on unsupported systems)
So you mean there is no other way to bypass those limitations?

That information is out of date. My ALC889 is not at all DTS registered, and does not have an official license. This WAS the case, but not anymore.
I literally installed my modded driver on two separate PC's yesterday, ALC285 and ALC892, same result, fully unlocked and working.

If you don't believe me, checkout the video of my beta in my signature below. Results will be better than the beta.

Last edited:
System Name MSI-MEG
Memory 32 GB
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
That information is out of date. My ALC889 is not at all DTS registered, and does not have an official license. This WAS the case, but not anymore.
I literally installed my modded driver on two separate PC's yesterday, ALC285 and ALC892, same result, fully unlocked and working.

If you don't believe me, checkout the video of my beta in my signature below. Results will be better than the beta.
What about Realtek S1200A Codec?

Cant say when so many ppl have installed certain drivers and are not following instructions.

Edit: I can confirm main should work, and ALT2 is pulled from S1220A drivers.
I can happily book you in for a TeamView session, if needed.

Last edited:
System Name MSI-MEG
Memory 32 GB
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Cant say when so many ppl have installed certain drivers and are not following instructions.

Edit: I can confirm main should work, and ALT2 is pulled from S1220A drivers.
I can happily book you in for a TeamView session, if needed.
That's very nice of you, I would love that. Just tell me what times are you available? my mainboard is Asus Tuf x570 plus wifi bundled with Realtek s1200a codec.

@oldpainless

If you can run my DTS:X driver you can add DTS:X Ultra to almost any device on your system.

----

@mclaren85

Make necessary backups, restores, then DM me a suitable time we can agree on.

:)

teamjoker53

May i ask for some help and advice please, i'm a bit lost with my Nvidia HD Audio Driver situation.

I should notice, that everything worked on my earlier Nvidia Driver Version (457.xx) and the modded HD Audio Driver. For some (stupid) reasons - never change a working system *facepalm* - i wanted to update to a more recent version of the graphics driver (465.89), excluded the HD Audio Driver during installation, but ended up with a missing Driver for the HD Audio/HDMI Audio of the Geforce Card (shown in the device manager). So i reinstalled the whole new driver again (this time with the stock HD Audio Driver) and it showed up again and audio worked again as expected (for stock Nvidia drivers at least).
After that i rebooted with disabled driver signature enforcement and wanted to reinstall the modded HD Audio Driver via the device manager, but ended up with the notification "The best drivers for your device are already installed" and was unable to continue (of course).

So... where did i make mistakes? A little guidance would be highly appreciated.

Edit: Problem solved.

Last edited:

Blabla72

Hello,

For the past few days, I have been connecting my Logitech Z906 with an SPDIF optical cable.

This is compatible with Dolby Digital. So, I used APO Driver to install "Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater" (with DS1). Then, in the Windows sound manager, I use "Dolby Digital" by default.
It works, and on my Logitech Z906 there is indeed the "DECODE" icon which is activated.

I did the same with DTS Connect (DTS Interactive). And it works. So that's perfect!

But in both cases, there is some strange behavior. When I listen to music on Spotify it's stereo, but it makes a virtual 5.1 conversation. I would like to disable this behavior and keep the original source. Use 5.1 only if it is available, but do not make a conversation (this is the behavior I have when I plug my speakers into jack on my PC). Is it possible?

For Dolby Digital, I go to Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater, and the "Surround virtualization" button is still deactivated.
Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know anything about it: I think that it's Dolby Surround Pro Logic, but I would like Dolby Digital effect with fake surround (like Dolby Atmos Speaker System for jack cable). It's possible to disable it's on Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater?

For DTS Interactive, there is no graphical interface, so it is impossible to make any configuration ...

Thank you in advance for your help.

EDIT: I: What is the difference with Dolby Digital (of Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater (with DS1)), and Dolby Digital Live? APO Driver don't have Dolby Digital Live?

EDIT 2: It's possible to have DTS Interactive encoder for my SPDIF, and apply FX of Dolby Atmos Speaker System for Gaming in same time?

EDIT 3: For my SPDIF: I would like use Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater but disable the fake surround with stereo source.

Last edited:
I would advise against the APO driver, unless it's been cleaned recently it was full of viruses and bitcoin mining crap!

To replace the upmixer, at least with DTS Interactive, you can install E-APO and disable upmix.

See here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/equaliser-apo-stereo-surround-upmixer.276608/

It will repace Neo PC, which upmixes stereo to 5.1, you want pre-mix only and SFX/MFX.

----

Update:

Last edited:
Not 100% sure, Alan recently added it so it might need some tweaks. I just fixed the Windows update DTS component issue I had. Try the driver in my post above.

I would advise against the APO driver, unless it's been cleaned recently it was full of viruses and bitcoin mining crap!

To replace the upmixer, at least with DTS Interactive, you can install E-APO and disable upmix.

See here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/equaliser-apo-stereo-surround-upmixer.276608/

It will repace Neo PC, which upmixes stereo to 5.1, you want pre-mix only and SFX/MFX.

----

Update:

it was full of viruses and bitcoin mining crap?????? o_O

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
it was full of viruses and bitcoin mining crap?????? o_O
@Ferather Could you please link me to source where it is shown to have bitcoin mining stuff in APO driver?

@Ferather Could you please link me to source where it is shown to have bitcoin mining stuff in APO driver?

Also wanted to know, I just installed the new version just to check. Haven't found anything, just usual defender warning bcoz it's a self compiled binary with self made code signing. I guess people never used modded/cracked software or games in here.

Probably got cleaned! I remember a bitcoin pup and something downloading with fx.

oldpainless

So, any chance of a simple run 'n' point app to apply DTS: X to HDMI?.....asking for a friend....:)

Only if you have my driver, or perhaps Alans. The service needs to be running, and a whole bunch of mods (code).
Else I use the APO Tool to add any class ID's (SFX, MFX, EFX) to HDMI or DisplayPort.

No problem. You only need to setup the FX because that native AMD-Other driver is not configured.

The driver must first be installed and running an a supported Realtek device (ALC), then you need the info at the bottom of post 1 in my thread (here).

How do I add the option for Dolby Digital to my Cmedia CM6206-LX USB Surround Sound Card SPDIF Digital Optical?

I only get surround sound in movies over bitstream & not in games.

Digital Output Properties.jpg

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
How do I add the option for Dolby Digital to my Cmedia CM6206-LX USB Surround Sound Card SPDIF Digital Optical?

I only get surround sound in movies over bitstream & not in games.

View attachment 197083
Apply this via FX Configurator on the Digital Output endpoint:
1618676051349.png

On the advanced tab, a Dolby Digital option will be available for real-time encoding.