• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Montech Sky Two GX

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Montech Sky Two GX is a variation on the original Sky Two with a more traditional look, by sticking to a singular glass side panel and mesh front. On top of that, Montech improved several aspects and made the case taller to accommodate bigger liquid cooling setups.

Show full review

ARF

Looks poor quality, some elements do not align correctly. Cheap, but overpriced. Wrong fans configuration, missing rear fans, missing top fans, unnecessary front fans.
The front mesh with fans will be like a magnet for dust. Ugly in just weeks time, and not very comfortable for cleaning.

No buy.

1714503375532.png

Looks poor quality, some elements do not align correctly. Cheap, but overpriced. Wrong fans configuration, missing rear fans, missing top fans, unnecessary front fans.
The front mesh with fans will be like a magnet for dust. Ugly in just weeks time, and not very comfortable for cleaning.

No buy.

View attachment 345783
what would it a good choice for a case ? ATX of course.

ARF

Low quality post by henry08092003
Dampened noise, first requirement. Lack of any "meshes".
White or light colour standard option with lowest price tag than the other colours - black or whatever.
I think be quiet! Pure Base 500DX costs around the same price tag, and is millions times better overall.

No buy.

View attachment 345783
I guess you never build a computer and stupid enough to use PCIE Slot alignment to judge a case quality, we all know they would be taken out when building a PC. The fact that it just needs a small tweak to fix. And no rear fan does not affect the airflow you can see on the review airflow performance is great!

And I have many Montech cases I can assure you they are definitely higher quality than be quite. The be quiet cases always have defective fans or uneven painting. One of be quiet most high end dark base 700 argb case I bough over 200 USD , the lighting bar doesn’t work at all and they say I have to pay for shipping, sad.

YoloTechEnthu

White or light colour standard option with lowest price tag than the other colours - black or whatever.
I think be quiet! Pure Base 500DX costs around the same price tag, and is millions times better overall.
Oh wow I guess one can really hide behind screens and say anything they love.

The initial criteria you outlined is commendable, but it might be beneficial to review the test results before making assertions, as it could potentially undermine credibility and make you look like a fool. In the noise test comparison, the GX registers at 45.3dBA under load, while the 500FX measures 47.6dBA. While acknowledging the distinction in fan quantity— 500DX with three and FX with four, but does a single fan variance truly translate to a significant reduction in noise, enough to warrant the claim of being 'millions times better overall'?

I just did some research the Pure500 is going for MSRP of 109.9 and from the review the sky two GX White is going for 95 and black for 89 hmm I guess a 20 bucks for you is around the same.

Million times better hmmm that got me wondered so I took a dive into both again. Considering the extensive market tenure of Be Quiet compared to Montech, one might assume the former is vastly superior, but is that truly the case? Upon closer inspection, the absence of a Type-C hub in the Pure 500 raises questions about its modern utility. Furthermore, the convenience offered by the swivel panel of the Sky Two GX, compared to the hassle of unscrewing screws and the risk of damaging the glass panel of the Pure 500, highlights differing preferences for ease of use versus meticulous assembly. Perhaps it's a matter of prioritizing quality of life over meticulous hardware handling. Probably you prefer the meticulous life.

Ultimately, it's frustrating to see baseless comments aimed at boosting one brand while disparaging another. Such actions often lack factual basis and serve only to sow discord.

Low quality post by Coolingcookie

Coolingcookie

Hey are you serious? It seems like you’re trying to attack Montech to highlight how good be quiet is. That’s really bad, and you didn’t even do a proper research which makes your comment looks so dumb dumb… A REAL reputable brand doesn’t need to attack others to show how good they are. So now, I kinda know the quality that be quiet is providing right now and I don’t even have to try

• Haha
Reactions: ARF
System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
Where 2 DVD places one for blue ray, other for removable hard drive. And smaller two for card reader and led, fan controls. USB 2 ports.

This looks like the Lancool II Mesh, but on heavily cut budget treatment. Still seems to be better than most of cheap cases nowadays.

This looks like the Lancool II Mesh, but on heavily cut budget treatment. Still seems to be better than most of cheap cases nowadays.
considering the cheap cases that we get nowdays yeah, this seems like a solid buy tbh.