• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces the Z270 Gaming M6 AC Motherboard

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
What's wrong with it?

I just don't need pointless, flashy, gimmicky crap on my motherboard.
Why are there random bits of plastic on the board? Why does the heatsinks have to have RGB LEDs? Why would I want a "free" RGB LED strip? All of this crap just adds cost, but no real value to the product, nor any practical functionality. My PC is a functional machine that sits under my desk, I never take it out of the house, i only look at it when I power it one or plug something in/out, otherwise I don't see the machine. Admittedly this isn't as bad as their latest stuff with camouflage patters all over them, but it's clear that these boards have been designed more by the marketing department than the engineering department.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I just don't need pointless, flashy, gimmicky crap on my motherboard.
Why are there random bits of plastic on the board? Why does the heatsinks have to have RGB LEDs? Why would I want a "free" RGB LED strip? All of this crap just adds cost, but no real value to the product, nor any practical functionality. My PC is a functional machine that sits under my desk, I never take it out of the house, i only look at it when I power it one or plug something in/out, otherwise I don't see the machine. Admittedly this isn't as bad as their latest stuff with camouflage patters all over them, but it's clear that these boards have been designed more by the marketing department than the engineering department.
considering it doesn't take anothing above a decent motherboard to overclock intel, they can focus on all the flash that many people actually want (not me!!!!!!). That said, this is actually a quite subdued LED implementation compared to most out now...

System Name AMD RyZen PC
Processor AMD RyZen 5950x
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero 570x WIFI
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 64GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 MHz 14C x4
Video Card(s) Evga 3080 TI
Storage Seagate 8TB + 3TB + 4TB + 2TB external + 512 Samsung 980
Display(s) LG 4K 144Hz 27GN950-B
Case Thermaltake CA-1F8-00M1WN-02 Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition Black
Audio Device(s) XI-FI 8.1
Power Supply EVGA 700W
Mouse Microsoft