• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Super Gaming X

So its better to just use msi afterburner, as it can override minimum fanspeed?

No it can't, all of them are third party apps including Afterburner. Nvidia does not have OC capabilities on control panel anymore and even if it has even that could not go under bios limits. Nvidia has API called nvapi to third party developers to do OC applications like MSI Afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak or Evga's Precision X.

No it can't, all of them are third party apps including Afterburner. Nvidia does not have OC capabilities on control panel anymore and even if it has even that could not go under bios limits. Nvidia has API called nvapi to third party developers to do OC applications like MSI Afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak or Evga's Precision X.
Hmmm okay. So regardless if I go with this msi card or perhaps a asus strix gtx 1650 super, the outcome will be the same?
And then it just boils down to who has the most quiet fans and lowest avaliable fan speed setting?

Hmmm okay. So regardless if I go with this msi card or perhaps a asus strix gtx 1650 super, the outcome will be the same?
And then it just boils down to who has the most quiet fans and lowest avaliable fan speed setting?

Some have IDLE fan stop, like this reviewed msi or your mentioned Asus Strix. So they can be forced to run even passive if one really wants. If silence is important for you, both of them are great choices albeit quite expensive ones.

Some have IDLE fan stop, like this reviewed msi or your mentioned Asus Strix. So they can be forced to run even passive if one really wants. If silence is important for you, both of them are great choices albeit quite expensive ones.
It seems like the Asus strix gtx 1650 super have no direct pcb cooling applied. Like for vrm and memory.
Unlike this msi card here does.

So I can only assume this msi card, is the safer betting?