• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My games feel laggy on high fps help!

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
you mean like i literally stated in the 2nd post of the thread?

Yes but I don't think it sunk in to the intended audience.

@QuestionMan , you also need to run the game and check for cpu/gpu usage via afterburner or even hwinfo.

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Benchmark Scores Over 9000
How many pages before the video ;) Time to play but not to record? This will go nowhere.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Ok, so, not only do I still have the last problem. But after opening fortnite after the latest update it now drops my fps to 40 every now and then. Just completely randomly. I'm really sad and mad right now. I've paid $1500 for this computer and it has so many problems. I really don't know what to do. I've restarted my computer several times, checked for any background task, and it still drops to 40 randomly. PLEASE help!

Fortnite sucks in coding is why.

you mean like i literally stated in the 2nd post of the thread?

what api are you using? dx11? dx12?
there's a long list of people that have this problem on reddit it seems.. some said dx12 helps.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FortniteCompetitive/comments/fdhfp3 https://www.reddit.com/r/FortniteCompetitive/comments/fda0ra i thought epic knew how to build game engines o.o

Idk if UE 4 is optimized like UE 2/3... i think UE 3 even had glitches.

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
So no more discussion on *why* he thinks it is laggy. It's dropping to 40 fps, that's why. Now just need to figure out why. His hardware is up to snuff. The two games he's mentioned the most are Fortnite and Minecraft. Fortnite is optimized like hot garbage, and is known to perform poorly on high end machines. Minecraft is a java program, and is running in a JVM. As such, it will never ever perform as well as a native application, and fps drops are normal. If you want to try to help minecraft along, google "increase minecraft ram" and learn how to increase the java virtual machine memory allocation. There is nothing wrong with you, or your hardware. You're simply playing games that suck programatically.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just gotta say, when the OP states that "anything below 200fps feels laggy to me" I question pretty much everything they're saying after that. Human perception of motion does not work that way. Do 24fps movies look laggy to you? Does scrolling web sites on your phone look laggy to you? More than likely not. Motion perception is contextual, but also very, very flexible, and while the human brain is entirely capable of discerning the difference between, say, 120Hz and 240Hz, nobody in the world has a brain where anything below 240Hz feels laggy. If so, you would have serious issues walking around when it's dark.

As many above have stated, this is either an issue with the games in question, or one of frame pacing and mismatched FPS to refresh rate. While I consistently play Rocket League at (a more or less locked) 120FPS on my 60Hz display - and feel a very pronounced difference from 60FPS - 60FPS locked feels a lot better than if it's jumping around at, say, 90-110FPS. I also use Radeon Enhanced Sync and Anti-Lag to ensure what is displayed is the most recently rendered frame, which does impact the perceived responsiveness of the system - which also improves perceived smoothness.

So, OP, a few things: stop running your games at stupid frame rates. That's the first point. All you're doing is taxing your CPU and GPU unnecessarily for no actual gain. It also likely means that your CPU is being taxed to the point that it's not able to keep up consistently with the required frame rate, which would again introduce judder and uneven frame rates. Limit your FPS to something that's an integer multiple of your monitor's refresh rate (i.e. 75, 150, 225, 300, etc.) and make sure that your settings are tuned so that you maintain that FPS consistently. If this doesn't work, the issue is likely in the game.

So no more discussion on *why* he thinks it is laggy. It's dropping to 40 fps, that's why. Now just need to figure out why. His hardware is up to snuff. The two games he's mentioned the most are Fortnite and Minecraft. Fortnite is optimized like hot garbage, and is known to perform poorly on high end machines. Minecraft is a java program, and is running in a JVM. As such, it will never ever perform as well as a native application, and fps drops are normal. If you want to try to help minecraft along, google "increase minecraft ram" and learn how to increase the java virtual machine memory allocation. There is nothing wrong with you, or your hardware. You're simply playing games that suck programatically.
The 40 fps drop only happened recently and only in Fortnite. I always monitor my fps and the times where it feels laggy the fps is still above 200 and it's fine. I've also tried more memory allocation and it doesn't change much.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
The 40 fps drop only happened recently and only in Fortnite. I always monitor my fps and the times where it feels laggy the fps is still above 200 and it's fine. I've also tried more memory allocation and it doesn't change much.
Have you tried any other games?

How many pages before the video ;) Time to play but not to record? This will go nowhere.
Fair point. Except I really want the video to be good enough to see everything and that needs planning. I don't play for a long time so yes I have time for a 30min game session :)

Have you tried any other games?
Yes. As I said, csgo and gta v run fine but it's still somewhat noticable. It never bothers me in gta and it sometimes does in csgo. It bothers me alot in Fortnite and in minecraft it always goes between not very noticable to this is almost unplayable.

Just gotta say, when the OP states that "anything below 200fps feels laggy to me" I question pretty much everything they're saying after that. Human perception of motion does not work that way. Do 24fps movies look laggy to you? Does scrolling web sites on your phone look laggy to you? More than likely not. Motion perception is contextual, but also very, very flexible, and while the human brain is entirely capable of discerning the difference between, say, 120Hz and 240Hz, nobody in the world has a brain where anything below 240Hz feels laggy. If so, you would have serious issues walking around when it's dark.

As many above have stated, this is either an issue with the games in question, or one of frame pacing and mismatched FPS to refresh rate. While I consistently play Rocket League at (a more or less locked) 120FPS on my 60Hz display - and feel a very pronounced difference from 60FPS - 60FPS locked feels a lot better than if it's jumping around at, say, 90-110FPS. I also use Radeon Enhanced Sync and Anti-Lag to ensure what is displayed is the most recently rendered frame, which does impact the perceived responsiveness of the system - which also improves perceived smoothness.

So, OP, a few things: stop running your games at stupid frame rates. That's the first point. All you're doing is taxing your CPU and GPU unnecessarily for no actual gain. It also likely means that your CPU is being taxed to the point that it's not able to keep up consistently with the required frame rate, which would again introduce judder and uneven frame rates. Limit your FPS to something that's an integer multiple of your monitor's refresh rate (i.e. 75, 150, 225, 300, etc.) and make sure that your settings are tuned so that you maintain that FPS consistently. If this doesn't work, the issue is likely in the game.
Hmm, I don't know enough to agree or disagree with your analysis. However, running my games at high fps isn't the problem for me as they feel way better than say locking my fps to 75 or 100. 75fps both feels choppy and has input lag. That's also why Fortnite feels worse than all of them, because it's a game with alot of motion and I get the lowest frame rate in there (90-150fps). I do get less frames in gta v (80-120) but it doesn't feel bad as it's not a game with a lot of motion.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Its the game

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm sorry buddy, but if 75 fps feels "choppy" on your 75hz monitor, I don't know what to tell you.

(For those that want to argue, yes, I'm aware that there are benefits to overdriving your framerates above your monitor's refresh rate in the input lag conversation. But "choppiness" doesn't apply to that conversation.)

One possibility: You're getting microstuttering that happens too fast to show up on your ingame FPS monitor. Use a performance graphing tool such as MSI afterburner, so that you can see the minimum framerates. These minimums are where you are going to be feeling the choppiness. Chances are, you're dropping down to 40 fps for a few milliseconds, and that doesn't show up on the ingame fps monitor. If that's the case, there isn't much you can do, because the games you're playing are just poorly optimized.

Other than that...? No idea. It's impossible for a *true* solid 75 fps to feel "choppy" on a 75hz monitor, but 100+ fps doesn't. You're not seeing those extra frames with your eyes. It makes no difference to what you see with your eyes, whether it's 75fps or 300 fps. (discounting frame tearing)

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
Benchmark Scores Over 9000
Fair point. Except I really want the video to be good enough to see everything and that needs planning. I don't play for a long time so yes I have time for a 30min game session :)

Yes. As I said, csgo and gta v run fine but it's still somewhat noticable. It never bothers me in gta and it sometimes does in csgo. It bothers me alot in Fortnite and in minecraft it always goes between not very noticable to this is almost unplayable.

Hmm, I don't know enough to agree or disagree with your analysis. However, running my games at high fps isn't the problem for me as they feel way better than say locking my fps to 75 or 100. 75fps both feels choppy and has input lag. That's also why Fortnite feels worse than all of them, because it's a game with alot of motion and I get the lowest frame rate in there (90-150fps). I do get less frames in gta v (80-120) but it doesn't feel bad as it's not a game with a lot of motion.

Ill tell you right now. Perceived smoothness and response time is a fickle beast. If you need to look for it... if it takes this much trouble to get it right on a video... I doubt there is a real consistent problem. Or a problem we can 'catch' with a single solution.

Make it concrete, or it will be too abstract to fix, basically. Or if we put it more harshly; we are wasting our time here.

Ill tell you right now. Perceived smoothness and response time is a fickle beast. If you need to look for it... if it takes this much trouble to get it right on a video... I doubt there is a real consistent problem. Or a problem we can 'catch' with a single solution.

Make it concrete, or it will be too abstract to fix, basically. Or if we put it more harshly; we are wasting our time here.
You don't need to waste your time, I understand that if I don't post a video you guys can't help me and I've only asked for help about the Fortnite fps drops after that and the first reply explained it well enough. I'm not taking time to catch the problem I'm taking time waiting for when I have time to set up after burner and record all games with cpu/gpu usage and temprature. So please, don't waste your time, just come back for the video whenever you have time and if I posted it you can help me if you want.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
You don't need to waste your time, I understand that if I don't post a video you guys can't help me and I've only asked for help about the Fortnite fps drops after that and the first reply explained it well enough. I'm not taking time to catch the problem I'm taking time waiting for when I have time to set up after burner and record all games with cpu/gpu usage and temprature. So please, don't waste your time, just come back for the video whenever you have time and if I posted it you can help me if you want.
Contact card maker and game maker

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just FIY, if the goal is to capture judder on a 75Hz display on video you'd ideally need to film at a matched 75fps - 30fps will be quite useless, 60 still wont do the job, and while 120 should have the frames to capture everything, it not being matched will likely make everything look juddery anyhow (as your monitor will be delivering a new frame every 1.6 frames of video. And I don't know of any cameras with the ability to film at 75fps. Setting the monitor to 60Hz and filming at 60 is likely the best compromise.

Ok, so, I finally got the video recorded. But of coarse it came with a lot of problems. First of all, while recording I got 70 less fps than when I'm not recording (Which I guess makes sense since I record with OBS on 1080p 60fps with a bit rate of 40000). Second, the recording seems to have some stutters (specially at the start where I exited obs and entered the game), those stutters weren't part of the actual games, my game doesn't stutter or drop fps it just looks a bit laggy when I move my head around even on high fps. I really don't think you guys would be able to see my problem with this since it's recorded at 60fps and when I change my fps limit even I can't tell the difference in the recording. Last thing, do screen recorders not capture screen tearing? because as soon as I locked my fps at 75 I swear there were tearing lines all over the place, but they're not in the recording. But at least you can see my cpu/gpu usages and temperatures (Even though I think recording with obs at a bitrate of 40000 will increase both values). So tell me if u can help me or I have to change some things or give more information on the recording.

Here's the link since it's too large to be put here:

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Which I guess makes sense since I record with OBS on 1080p 60fps with a bit rate of 40000

You can easily turn your bitrate waaaayyyyyy down. I think you can go under 10k quite easily.

You can easily turn your bitrate waaaayyyyyy down. I think you can go under 10k quite easily.
I know, but how are the gpu/cpu temps and usages? Are they normal? How about the frame time? Anything you can tell me about my status?

Just give me your opinions on how I can do the video and I'll do it a second time whenever I have time and make sure to lower the bitrate that time. But tell me what else I can do. Should I record with windows's default game screen recorder instead?

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
I know, but how are the gpu/cpu temps and usages? Are they normal? How about the frame time? Anything you can tell me about my status?

Just give me your opinions on how I can do the video and I'll do it a second time whenever I have time and make sure to lower the bitrate that time. But tell me what else I can do. Should I record with windows's default game screen recorder instead?

Working late tonight so I haven't looked at it. :(

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Ok. Let's make something very clear: If screen tearing is your issue it is caused by you overdriving your fps above your monitor's framerate. If you want to run 300 fps on a 75hz monitor, you will have tearing. That's the tradeoff. Locking your fps to your monitor's refresh rate (75) will not cause tearing, it will eliminate it completely. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about, when you said as soon as you locked your fps to 75, you got tearing. That's impossible. Tearing is caused by framerates that are HIGHER than your monitor's refresh rate. Professional/high end gamers often run framerates much higher than their monitor's refresh rate to reduce input lag. But they have to deal with screen tearing in order to do it because that's what causes screen tearing. If you want to eliminate screen tearing, limit your FPS to 75fps. This will cause screen tearing to be nonexistent. If you want to reduce input lag by overdriving your monitor, then you WILL have screen tearing. There is nothing you can do about that. Let's get down to reality though: Minecraft is poorly coded. You're constantly going between 400 and 150 fps. That's going to make input lag inconsistent which is worse than a high average input lag. What you need to do is limit your fps to whatever your computer can hold without dropping any lower. If your minimum framerate is 150, lock it down at 150. If it's 100, lock it down at 100. This will get you the highest possible framerate, without having inconsistent framerate, which causes inconsistent input lag. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, that you can actually perceive and are sensitive to such things, because I am too. I suspect that what you are feeling here is a combination of inconsistent input lag, and inconsistent screen tearing, which is caused by your UNSTABLE framerates.

All that being said, you can't see a difference between 400 and 75 fps on that monitor with your eyes. It just isn't possible. If you do the above, and lock the fps to your minimums, you will still get screen tearing. There is nothing you can do about that, except buy a faster monitor (144hz is the cost/performance sweet spot.) So you will still get screen tearing, but if you want to eliminate screen tearing, you will need to lock your fps at 75 to match your monitor's refresh rate. Remember, you will never EVER see more than 75 fps on that monitor, no matter how many fps you are getting in game. The ONLY reason to overdrive the fps above the monitor's refresh rate is to reduce input lag, and you have to trade off with that because you will get screen tearing.

So let's break it down simply. Your goal is to have STABLE fps and input lag. You have a couple of choices:
1. Lock FPS to your MINIMUM framerate for each game. This will reduce input lag, while also keeping it stable. You'll still only ever see 75 fps with your eyes. You will have screen tearing.
2. Lock your FPS to 75fps for all games. This will maintain a stable amount of input lag (while being slightly higher, but your brain can adjust to it) while eliminating screen tearing. You'll still see the same 75 fps with your eyes as #1.
3. Buy a faster monitor, then do 1 or 2 with it, and it's faster refresh rate.

There is no mysterious problem you're having here. Nothing is wrong with your hardware. You're simply dealing with reality. As a person who is also very sensitive to input lag and framerates, I can tell you these are your options.

(This is all discounting what I said in my other post above, because the video didn't include minimum framerates numbers. You could still be dropping to 40 fps without realizing it, and feeling the choppiness there. Working with the info I've got. To determine that, do what I said in my other post above, and learn what your true minimum framerate is.)

Last edited:
System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
You can actually minimize input lag when vsync is on by capping your frames below you refresh rate. Try limiting your frames to 72 and enabling vsync.

System Name AlderLake
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Borrow a G-Sync monitor to test and set to Ultra low latency in the NV control panel.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Ok. Let's make something very clear: If screen tearing is your issue it is caused by you overdriving your fps above your monitor's framerate. If you want to run 300 fps on a 75hz monitor, you will have tearing. That's the tradeoff. Locking your fps to your monitor's refresh rate (75) will not cause tearing, it will eliminate it completely. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about, when you said as soon as you locked your fps to 75, you got tearing. That's impossible. Tearing is caused by framerates that are HIGHER than your monitor's refresh rate. Professional/high end gamers often run framerates much higher than their monitor's refresh rate to reduce input lag. But they have to deal with screen tearing in order to do it because that's what causes screen tearing. If you want to eliminate screen tearing, limit your FPS to 75fps. This will cause screen tearing to be nonexistent. If you want to reduce input lag by overdriving your monitor, then you WILL have screen tearing. There is nothing you can do about that. Let's get down to reality though: Minecraft is poorly coded. You're constantly going between 400 and 150 fps. That's going to make input lag inconsistent which is worse than a high average input lag. What you need to do is limit your fps to whatever your computer can hold without dropping any lower. If your minimum framerate is 150, lock it down at 150. If it's 100, lock it down at 100. This will get you the highest possible framerate, without having inconsistent framerate, which causes inconsistent input lag. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, that you can actually perceive and are sensitive to such things, because I am too. I suspect that what you are feeling here is a combination of inconsistent input lag, and inconsistent screen tearing, which is caused by your UNSTABLE framerates.

All that being said, you can't see a difference between 400 and 75 fps on that monitor with your eyes. It just isn't possible. If you do the above, and lock the fps to your minimums, you will still get screen tearing. There is nothing you can do about that, except buy a faster monitor (144hz is the cost/performance sweet spot.) So you will still get screen tearing, but if you want to eliminate screen tearing, you will need to lock your fps at 75 to match your monitor's refresh rate. Remember, you will never EVER see more than 75 fps on that monitor, no matter how many fps you are getting in game. The ONLY reason to overdrive the fps above the monitor's refresh rate is to reduce input lag, and you have to trade off with that because you will get screen tearing.

So let's break it down simply. Your goal is to have STABLE fps and input lag. You have a couple of choices:
1. Lock FPS to your MINIMUM framerate for each game. This will reduce input lag, while also keeping it stable. You'll still only ever see 75 fps with your eyes. You will have screen tearing.
2. Lock your FPS to 75fps for all games. This will maintain a stable amount of input lag (while being slightly higher, but your brain can adjust to it) while eliminating screen tearing. You'll still see the same 75 fps with your eyes as #1.

There is no mysterious problem you're having here. Nothing is wrong with your hardware. You're simply dealing with reality. As a person who is also very sensitive to input lag and framerates, I can tell you these are your options.

(This is all discounting what I said in my other post above, because the video didn't include minimum framerates numbers. You could still be dropping to 40 fps without realizing it, and feeling the choppiness there. Working with the info I've got. To determine that, do what I said in my other post above, and learn what your true minimum framerate is.)
You can actually minimize input lag when vsync is on by capping your frames below you refresh rate. Try limiting your frames to 72 and enabling vsync.
Borrow a G-Sync monitor to test and set to Ultra low latency in the NV control panel.
Going in circles with this one.
2kictx.gif

/thread

There was obvoius screen tearing capping my fps to 75 and next time I'll record my monitor instead of my screen to show that. It's not gonna help me if I'm lying so I'm not. Also, my fps is a lot more stable while not recording. Next time, I'll record at a lower bitrate, one clip of the monitor itself and with minimum fps shown on top.