• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help for upgrade my PC

Hello everyone, I want to ask about upgrade my computer, I have been using it for about 2 years, never overclock or something like that and I want to upgrade it and I already have a plan to upgrade it and its:

CPU Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
RAM Acer Predator Pallas II Black DDR5 6000MHz 32GB (2x16GB)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Eagle AX

I was planning to get these (above) but I would love to hear another recommendations, I really appreciate it. I use my computer to work sometimes like Photoshop and Illustrator, but mainly I want to upgrade to play games in 1080p like Black Myth: Wukong and FFXVI and some online multiplayer/gacha games. my budget is around 800$-1000$ (and I will sell the old parts too) thanks in advance!

Current specs:
CPU Intel® Core™ i5-9400f
Cooler be quiet Pure Rock 2
VGA AMD RX 6600 XT OC 8G Gigabyte
RAM 2x8GB V-GeN DDR4 Platinum
Motherboard Gigabyte H370M DS3H
PSU be quiet PURE POWER 11 600W CM - 80 Plus Gold
SSD Seagate 240GB, SSD 1TB 870 EVO Samsung, and 1TB HDD
Monitor 24" Gigabyte G24F 165Hz FHD

Last edited:
System Name Silicon Graphics O2
Processor R5000 / 180MHz
Cooling noisy fan
Memory 384 MB
Storage 4 GB
Case the one with the old logo and proud of it ;)
Software IRIX 6.5
CPU Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Eagle AX
PSU be quiet PURE POWER 11 600W CM - 80 Plus Gold)
Not an LGA-1700 expert, but running a K-series CPU on a 600W PSU seems a bit optimistic. You will also need a better CPU cooler, preferably a 240mm AIO.
Considering that the next generation (Arrow Lake) is around the corner, you might want to wait till early October, especially since 13th gen Intel CPUs will basically have no resale value in the future thanks to the quality issues of the 13th & 14th gen CPUs.

Alternatively, you could go for a R7 7800X3D and a similar priced B650(E) motherboard. You might be able to re-use your air cooler. However, depending on where you are living, it might be a bit more expensive than the i7. The difference between the CPUs in Photoshop and Illustrator should be minor, gaming will probably be faster on the X3D, especially in MMO-type of games.

Not an LGA-1700 expert, but running a K-series CPU on a 600W PSU seems a bit optimistic. You will also need a better CPU cooler, preferably a 240mm AIO.
Considering that the next generation (Arrow Lake) is around the corner, you might want to wait till early October, especially since 13th gen Intel CPUs will basically have no resale value in the future thanks to the quality issues of the 13th & 14th gen CPUs.

Alternatively, you could go for a R7 7800X3D and a similar priced B650(E) motherboard. You might be able to re-use your air cooler. However, depending on where you are living, it might be a bit more expensive than the i7. The difference between the CPUs in Photoshop and Illustrator should be minor, gaming will probably be faster on the X3D, especially in MMO-type of games.
I forgot that 13th and 14th have instability issues, thank you for reminding me of that.

R7 7800X3D and B650(E) alternatively is a good option for now and the price just a little expensive but it’s ok, the budget around 800-1000$ now (I think 800$ kinda tight for upgrade this one) but we’ll see the other option

thank you!