• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New 8TB HDD arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
If you're expecting a delivery, place a large cushion under the slot, and hope your cat doesn't rest there.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X h2o
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC h2o
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Yeah I can imaging dropping a mechanical hard drive through that :eek:
Exactly. I've also bought few older smartphones just as an emergency phone; they've came in working condition at least.

If you're expecting a delivery, place a large cushion under the slot, and hope your cat doesn't rest there.
We have usually also an inner door on apartments, to reduce the noise coming from and to apartments. Pretty tight fit for a cat. :D

e: typo

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
More like way way overworked and have a crazy high quota to meet.
Don't forget grossly underpaid and not allowed adequate breaks and facilities to maintain proper health and safety. If you want warehouse workers to take good care of the products they handle, first make sure the workers are taken good care of. Not only does treating workers like sh*t logically lead to them not giving a damn about their job, but it also directly impacts their ability to be thorough and careful. A sick, injured, uncomfortable or rushed worker can't be expected to do as good a job as a well cared for, healthy worker with a manageable workload. Amazon's quota policy is a classic example of measuring the wrong thing leading to that measurement itself becoming the chief goal: when what you measure is time spent on the warehouse floor (meant as a proxy for "efficiency", though in reality just a way to punish people for needing bathroom breaks) and number of boxes filled (again, supposedly efficiency, but how efficient is it if quality suffers to the degree that you drastically increase breakage?), you are deluding yourself into thinking these measurements are valuable data when they really just serve as meaningless goals to show irrelevant "improvements" over time, and inevitably lead to various ways of gaming the system (why carry a box when throwing it is faster?). It's very similar to how "number of published papers" becoming a measure of productivity for academics has lead to an immense rise in junk "academic journals" publishing unreviewed papers for money, and to the rise of a practice where the findings of a single research project are split into as many papers as possible rather than being grouped into a much more useful single article. Which of course means that any researcher who might be able to make use of these findings must now spend their time reading 5-10 papers (that are often highly repetitive and filled with filler material to have sufficient length) rather than 1-2 dense high quality ones.

The neoliberal obsession with measuring stuff is one of the most paradoxical and infuriating developments of the past few decades.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
I'm pretty sure that all the RMAs from HDDs packaged like this will just increase that. :D

Different department / pass the buck syndrome.

Don't forget grossly underpaid and not allowed adequate breaks and facilities to maintain proper health and safety.
I don't forget, but somehow such statements have become "political" to certain types, so I avoid them.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Well, I just rec'd 2x 25LB pags of cat food today, no boxes or plastic covering at all, just shipping labels slapped on the outside....

good thing they didn't arrive yesterday when it was monsooning outside or the stuff would have been a complete loss, and I would have had to yet A>G>A>I>N send off a fresh copy of my very loud and very strongly-worded complaint letter to the bezoboy .... for like the 6th time in 4 months for exactly the same shitty crap......

Last month it was my wireless keyboard that arrived cracked to hell & back, in December it was a very expensive present for my wife's birthday that got smashed into miniature pieces...:mad:..:mad:..:mad:
Ha, you worry about cat food, I got a graphics card shipped without any packaging when I lived in the UK last time around. It was also just left outside the front door. Luckily it was a block of flats with a front desk, so not anyone could walk in there, but still, several other flats on the same floor.

Then again, I've had tiny things shipped in huge boxes with no extra padding as well, so whatever was in that huge box got knocked around like nobody's business.

Before Amazon, I had a PC delivered once that looked like someone dropped down a few flights of stairs, as it was shattered into so many pieces that it wasn't even worth taking out of the box it came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.